[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/feed/controller/feed.php on line 319: compact(): Undefined variable $forum_id
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/feed/controller/feed.php on line 319: compact(): Undefined variable $mode
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/feed/controller/feed.php on line 319: compact(): Undefined variable $topic_id
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/feed/controller/feed.php on line 319: compact(): Undefined variable $forum_id
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/feed/controller/feed.php on line 319: compact(): Undefined variable $mode
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/feed/controller/feed.php on line 319: compact(): Undefined variable $topic_id
TLC Forum We'll leave the lamppost on for you. 2024-01-22T05:43:19 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/app.php/feed 2024-01-22T05:43:19 2024-01-22T05:43:19 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634&p=88302#p88302 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.]]> Statistics: Posted by kristi — Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:43 am

]]>
2024-01-21T08:43:47 2024-01-21T08:43:47 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634&p=88301#p88301 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.]]> Statistics: Posted by knightofnarnia — Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:43 am

]]>
2024-01-19T21:20:39 2024-01-19T21:20:39 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634&p=88300#p88300 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.]]> I’ve seen your name in the chatroom, but didn’t say ‘cause I was just popping in and couldn’t stay, so, hello!

Statistics: Posted by Ariel.of.Narnia — Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:20 pm

]]>
2024-01-19T05:07:35 2024-01-19T05:07:35 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634&p=88299#p88299 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.]]> I hope 2024 is treating you very well thus far!

Statistics: Posted by stonefire — Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:07 am

]]>
2023-12-28T14:52:28 2023-12-28T14:52:28 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=524&p=88292#p88292 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: What have you been watching?]]> Statistics: Posted by knightofnarnia — Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:52 pm

]]>
2023-12-16T02:45:14 2023-12-16T02:45:14 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=950&p=88290#p88290 <![CDATA[Narnian Fan Fiction • Re: The Adventures of Tirian and His Merry Narnians]]>
Chapter Two

Eustace and Jill arrived at their base camp in the Western Wild, carrying the food supply. They met with Tirian and the rest that were there.

"Eustace, Jill", said Tirian, "So you met with Emeth, I take?"

"Well, yes", said Eustace, "We also met with his friend, Chlamash. Look, they even gave us some exotic fruit from Calormen, as well as chocolate hazelnuts and Turkish Delight."

"Oh, remember that tavern maid that was dancing in the streets of Chippingford?", asked Jill.

"Why, yes", said Tirian, "Did you see her?"

"Yes, we did. And well, it's kind of hard to explain..."

"We think she's somehow involved with Emeth", said Eustace, "But no matter. Anyhow, Chlamash even showed us the temples and palaces that are being constructed."

"Is that so?", asked Poggin, "Well, for a high class Tarkaan, Rishda doesn't believe in Tash or even in Aslan."

"Chlamash told us of that. He doesn't even understand why this is, even though he serves under him as a solder."

"Perhaps we shall enjoy these food that these two young warriors have given us", said Jewel.

They sat around and ate some garlic, onion, and pavenders that were cooked in a stew. While they were doing this, Jewel and Puzzle were grazing on the grass. Everyone enjoyed the meal during their time of survival.

Chlamash went over to where he and Emeth were staying while looking over at the construction sites of the temples and palaces. He could also smell that a meal has been cooking. Then he came in.

"Chlamash", said Marietta, who had been cooking a meal of roast lamb, sage, onion, garlic, "You're just in time for dinner."

Then she handed Emeth and Chlamash each a plate before serving herself. They sat around and ate the meal.

"So I take that Eustace and Jill made their way back to their base camp", said Emeth.

"Oh yes, they did", said Chlamash, "I even showed them the construction sites on the way."

"How long do you think it will take for the palaces and temples to be complete?", asked Marietta.

"It is something I fear, though", said Emeth, "Rishda is a very powerful man... I do think he finds his way to work his slaves even to the bones. He was no different when we lived in Calormen."

"I know that he has tried to propose to me a few times.... and I keep turning him down."

"Oh yes. Though I'm still determined he shouldn't have you, dear one."

"However, once the temples and palaces has been completed", said Chlamash, "Rishda wants Emeth and me to attend his council meeting."

"You don't intend to attend, do you?", asked Marietta.

"We must, since he is our captain", said Emeth

In the meantime, Rishda, his servants, Shift, and Ginger were watching the construction sites.

"My lord", said a servant, "What do you propose we do?"

"I'm proposing for a meeting once the temples and palaces has been established", said Rishda, "I even invited Emeth and Chlamash to attend."

"Is that so?", said another servant.

"Why, yes. They are both blood of a high ranking Tarkaan, so they should attend."

"Certainly can't argue with that", said Shift.

It was night fall and Marietta sat down looking over, being in deep thought. Emeth came to sit down beside her.

"What is it, fairest of maidens?", asked Emeth, "A lot on your mind?"

"Well, yes", answered Marietta, "Seeing what has happened to Narnia and hearing of what has happened to my home country of Archenland, I don't even know.."

"I'm sorry for what happened", and Emeth put a hand on her shoulder, "I may be a soldier and blood of a Tarkaan. Yet, seeing how Rishda has been treating even his own slaves..."

"Oh yes. Slavery is part of the Calormene culture."

"Yes.. though I sometimes wish it wasn't. Not all high class Calormenes own slaves."

In the meantime, Chlamash had join them to see how they were.

"I've been assigned to keep watch for tonight", said Chlamash.

"So what should we do?", asked Marietta.

"I can keep watch here", said Emeth, "If you need me too."

"Oh yes, Emeth, please do", said Chlamash, "Perhaps you should get some rest as well."

"I'll sure be glad not to sleep in a tent, once the palaces have been completed."

They all looked at one another for a moment. Then Emeth put his arms around Marietta and shared a kiss with her. Chlamash watched for a moment, then continue on his way to be on night watch.

"Alone at last", whispered Emeth.

It was morning, and Poggin woke up. He was an early riser and the air felt fresh that morning. He wondered about waking up the others or should go ahead and fix breakfast. Then Eustace and Jill woke up.

"Good morning, Poggin", said Eustace.

"Morning Mr. Eustace, Miss Jill", said Poggin, "It's quite a morning. Isn't it?"

"It sure is", said Jill, "What's for breakfast?"

"I was thinking of cooking fish over the fire as well as some apples."

"It sounds good to me", said Eustace.

Tirian, Jewel, and Puzzle woke up. Jewel and Puzzle were grazing on the grass as Poggin and Eustace went to catch some fish. After catching the fish, they cleaned the fish and started to cook them over the fire. As they were doing this, Jill went to cut up the apples. Then there was a breakfast of fish and apples. After breakfast, they sat around and talked what do next.

"So what's on the agenda for today?", asked Tirian.

"Well, we could gather up more food supply", said Eustace, "Though I think we have plenty. Maybe we can visit with Emeth and Chlamash."

"There is that", said Jill, "Though it is still early. I don't even know if they would be up for a visit."

"What if they come to see us? Wait, wouldn't Rishda get suspicious?"

"He might", said Poggin, "But I think he's been overseeing the temples and palaces being built, he hardly notices anything else going on, even with his own soldiers."

Eustace and Jill looked at one another. It was going to be harder than they expected. Yet, after meeting with Emeth and his friend Chlamash, perhaps not all Calormenes were the same.

[Well, the palaces and temples are still being built. Now some of you may even wonder what would they look like in Narnia and Archenland. All soon to be revealed.]

Statistics: Posted by jasmine_tarkheena — Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:45 am

]]>
2023-12-12T06:26:19 2023-12-12T06:26:19 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634&p=88288#p88288 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.]]> Statistics: Posted by Ariel.of.Narnia — Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:26 am

]]>
2023-12-11T16:03:28 2023-12-11T16:03:28 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112&p=88287#p88287 <![CDATA[The Library (non-Narnian Literature) • Re: What readest thou?]]> Statistics: Posted by Ariel.of.Narnia — Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:03 pm

]]>
2023-12-09T16:36:45 2023-12-09T16:36:45 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112&p=88286#p88286 <![CDATA[The Library (non-Narnian Literature) • Re: What readest thou?]]>

Statistics: Posted by knightofnarnia — Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:36 pm

]]>
2023-12-08T06:39:22 2023-12-08T06:39:22 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634&p=88285#p88285 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.]]> Statistics: Posted by knightofnarnia — Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:39 am

]]>
2023-11-23T05:59:59 2023-11-23T05:59:59 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=524&p=88282#p88282 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: What have you been watching?]]> Statistics: Posted by knightofnarnia — Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:59 am

]]>
2023-10-23T02:14:53 2023-10-23T02:14:53 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=951&p=88281#p88281 <![CDATA[Non Narnian Fan Fiction • Re: Superbook: Treasures In Heaven]]>
Chapter Four

Chris, Joy and Gizmo arrived at the vineyard along with Thomas and Alexis. Chris had a lot on his mind, after hearing Jesus teach.

"What is it, Chris?" asked Joy.

"I have been thinking a lot about what Jesus was just talking about", said Chris, "I wonder what it means to store up treasures in Heaven."

"I thought treasures were filled with crowns and gold and jewels", said Gizmo, "Like a pirate's treasure."

"I don't think that's what Jesus meant, Gizmo."

"I wonder what Thomas is going to do about the inheritance", said Joy.

When they arrived, they saw a merchant buying grapes from Sahara.

"That's the wine merchant who buys our grapes often when father was alive", said Thomas in a low voice.

"It's always a pleasure to do business with my favorite vineyard", said the wine merchant to Sahara, and gave him coins, "There you go!"

"I'm afraid you're three shekels short", said Sahara, "We have to raise our prices."

"Oh well", then the wine merchant gave Sahara three extra shekels, "I'm hoping I'm getting the same quality of grapes."

"Oh, we never sell anything but the best. You have my promise on that."

Then the wine merchant went on his way. Thomas decided to go over to talk with Sahara.

"What did he just do?", asked Chris in a low voice.

"I don't believe this!", said Alexis, "He's ripping the costumers off."

"Oh, oh", said Gizmo, "I will show him! I shall keep account of all the grapes that have been sold!"

"Gizmo!", said Chris and Joy.

"Oh, what did I tell you!", said Sahara as Thomas approached him, flicking a coin to him, "Just as I weaseled in a few extra coins from that old fool, little brother comes home!"

"About the other day, Sahara", said Thomas, "I spoke in anger and I apologize. What I was trying to say was I think we owe to Father to run this vineyard the way he would run it!"

"You haven't changed! Get out!"

"We're brothers, Sahara! I'm sure we can work this out!"

"There's nothing to work out! I'M IN CHARGE AND YOU'LL DO EXACTLY AS I SAY!"

"Well, how dumb of me to think I could change your mind!"

"Dumb is how you've always been!"

Then Sahara and Thomas got into a dispute and he attacked him. He even threw him off the land!

"And don't come back until you're ready to do things my way!"

"Oh no", said Joy.

"That doesn't sound good", said Chris.

Alexis went to see how Thomas was doing. She decided to take him to Josiah's place and was placed on a bed. She helped Josiah nursed Thomas who had been injured by his own brother. After awhile, she went back to the vineyard.

"Love your enemies?", asked Thomas, "What nonsense!"

"Jesus never promised that your enemies would love you in return", said Josiah.

"I want my inheritance! Are you going to help me or not!?"

"Go to Jesus!"

"I have tried His way! It almost got me killed!"

"I mean talk to Him! Tell Him about your situation! He's a 100 times better than all the lawyers! He's the only one who can help! You want your inheritance, don't you!?"

In the meantime, Chris, Joy and Gizmo were at the vineyard, seeing what's happening. They noticed that the servants were having trouble to get all the grapes in the storage.

"We can't get the rest of these in", said a servant.

"Now this a problem that I enjoy", said Sahara, who was sitting and drinking wine while supervising, "More grapes than I have room to store."

"Hmm... I wonder what he plans to do with all of those grapes", said Chris.

"I know... make them all into grape soda or raisins or grape popsisicles for the summer!", said Gizmo then Chris and Joy gave him look as they were telling him to be quiet.

"Your father used to give the extra to the poor", said the steward.

"The poor!", said Sahara, "I'd sell these for half the price before I give one grape to those..." then he had an idea, "Wait a second, sell it for half the price! The other vineyards can't afford to do that!"

"Oh, what is he doing now?", asked Gizmo.

"Sell for half the price", said Alexis, "That would be too impossible to keep track of how many grapes have been sold!"

"I will knock them all out of business and everyone will be forced to be buy from me!", stated Sahara, "I will raise my prices and make a fortune! Well, just don't stand there! Steward, go spread the word! Grapes for half the price!"

The steward shook his head and started to get the word out. Chris, Joy, and Gizmo stood there, wondering what they should do.

"We better go find Thomas", said Chris in a low voice.

"Oh, steward", said Sahara, "Tomorrow the servants will spend the day making tents!"

"Tents?", asked the steward.

"Yes! I need more space for my vineyards, so I am knocking down their little houses! And Alexis, you'll be staying in the house with me!"

"I don't think so, Master Sahara!", said Alexis, "I will gladly leave, if you don't mind!"

"But master Sahara", said the Steward, "When the winter comes..."

"Oh, they've got time to make blankets!", said Sahara.

"You're already so rich!", said Alexis.

"How much more money do you need?", asked the steward.

"Just a little more, my friend", answered Sahara, "Just a little bit more."

Alexis, Chris, Joy and Gizmo went on their way to meet with Josiah and Thomas. Alexis was actually quite glad to see Thomas have recovered.

"Alexis, what are you doing here?", asked Thomas.

"No time to explain", said Alexis, "Thomas, this Jesus you spoke of..."

"Yes. I am on my way to speak with Him myself."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. I'm going to ask Him to speak with Sahara about dividing the inheritance with me. I think should come with me and hear Him."

"You really think so?"

"I'll tell you, His words are very powerful and very well worth hearing."

"Well, then. I would like to go with you to hear Jesus speak."

"This should be interesting", said Gizmo, "I wonder what Jesus going to say! Maybe Sahara should keep track of how many grapes are sold and Thomas can be sure they're all ripe."

"That's not what Jesus is going to say", said Chris.

"Come on!", said Joy!

[This ought to get interesting! We shall find out soon enough on how the inheritance dispute will be settled!]

Statistics: Posted by jasmine_tarkheena — Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:14 am

]]>
2023-10-20T01:40:57 2023-10-20T01:40:57 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=948&p=88280#p88280 <![CDATA[Summer Challenges • Re: Summer Challenge Sharing Thread - 2023 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader']]> For context (so y'all don't freak out ;P ), I recently got a full set of the Narnia series and ended up with a spare of VotDT. This one had the movie cover on it and didn't match the rest. So I thought I would make a fun craft with it.
This was the first time doing a hardcover and working with leather, so this was fun! This wasn't for the challenge, but I thought I would post it here because it is VotDT. Enjoy! :D
IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

Statistics: Posted by renegadeoftheshire — Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:40 am

]]>
2023-10-16T02:32:15 2023-10-16T02:32:15 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=951&p=88279#p88279 <![CDATA[Non Narnian Fan Fiction • Re: Superbook: Treasures In Heaven]]>
Chapter Four

Thomas, Josiah, Chris, Joy and Gizmo, along with a whole crowd of people, were continuing to listen to Jesus teach:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?"

"I wonder if Sahara is getting the grapes from thorn bushes", said Gizmo. Then Chris and Joy quiet him down.

"So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit", continued Jesus, "A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

As Jesus was telling of the wise and foolish builders, Gizmo was picturing of what was happening. The wise builder was digging a foundation on a rock.

"What are you doing?", asked the foolish builder.

"I am digging a foundation for my house", said the wise builder.

"But it sits on a huge rock. It will take you months."

"Yes, but think how strong the foundation will be when it's done."

"Suit yourself. I'm going to build over here."

"That is too sandy. You can't build on that; it isn't safe."

So the two builders got busy with building their homes: one on the rock and one on the sand. When both were complete, it was the raining season. Soon, the rain came and the floods came. The house on the rock stood firm and the house on the sand washed away. After the story was over, many were astonished at Jesus's teachings.

"You see?", Josiah turned to Thomas.

"His words are very powerful", said Thomas.

"So, Thomas what are you going to do?", asked Joy.

"I know, maybe you should tell Sahara that grapes do not grow in thorn bushes", said Gizmo.

"That's not what Jesus meant, Gizmo", said Chris.

"Love, peace, forgiveness", said Josiah, "Build your life on these ideas and all will be well."

Meanwhile, Chris, Joy, and Gizmo went with Thomas on his way back to the vineyard.

"What do you expect Sahara will do?", asked Chris.

"I do not know, Chris", said Thomas.

"Hey, there's Alexis", said Joy as she came out to greet them.

"Alexis, what are you doing?", asked Thomas.

"Thomas, I'm glad I've found you", said Alexis, "I'm not sure I can take any more of this work."

"Is Sahara asking you to do too much?"

"Well I much rather not talk about it. Anyhow, where have you been? Did you speak with Josiah?"

"Well, that's not what happened. He gave up law and followed a man named Jesus."

"Jesus? Who is he?"

"Oh, we've heard Him speak many times", said Chris.

"We even traveled with Him from town to town", said Joy.

"I think He's a prophet", said Thomas, "You should hear Him speak, Alexis. His words are very powerful."

"Perhaps I should", said Alexis, "So what did He say?"

"He said something about loving your enemies. And I know what I must do."

"Oh, try to show love to Sahara", said Gizmo, "Perhaps give him flowers and a love letter."

"That's not what Jesus meant", said Chris.

"I must apologize to him about speaking in anger the other day", said Thomas.

"It would be worth a try", said Alexis, "But knowing your brother, I don't think it's likely he'll listen."

[Well, it isn't about to get interesting? Will Thomas be able to love his brother Sahara even as his enemy? Will Chris learn what it means to store up treasures in Heaven?]

Statistics: Posted by jasmine_tarkheena — Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:32 am

]]>
2023-10-05T06:01:53 2023-10-05T06:01:53 https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=573&p=88276#p88276 <![CDATA[The Bird and Baby • Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)]]> Statistics: Posted by knightofnarnia — Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:01 am

]]>