Costumes- Narnian and Non

Narnian and Non-Narnian fan art, original artwork, photography, whatever it is- it all goes here!

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: Costumes- Narnian and Non

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:28 am

The medieval/fantasy/ranger kind. I'm thinking a breastplate and backplate, maybe some pauldrons, vambraces, and greaves, and possibly (possibly!) a helmet. What I'm hoping for is something inexpensive and preferably lightweight.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:01 pm

From what little I know, I'm thinking the foam might be good. If you need a refresher on Ela's use thereof: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50&start=80. If I recall correctly, paint works on it, so once you've formed it, you can paint it. Duct tape might be tricky, what with the need of a base (even if it's another layer of duct tape) and the fact that the stuff so easily folds and bubbles.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Okay, thanks! :)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
featherfish
Knight

Post by featherfish » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:30 pm

i went to a christmas costume party the other day as a winter fairy. i made most of the costume myself (i'm the redhead in the picture :P ):

skirt: made out of five rolls of tulle and some elastic from walmart.
overskirt: got the red part from a thrift store, cut out the front and added lace.
top: originally from aeropostale, but i found it at a resale shop. :)
crown: made out of some cranberry christmas decoration stuff. not really sure what it was honestly but it worked. :lol:
tights: also from walmart. i cut the holes in them myself. :mrgreen:
boots: kohl's.

and standing with me is my friend abby who went as a pirate-thief-street-performer-person. :P she sewed a good deal of her costume herself. :mrgreen:
*is such an emo sprite*
lady featherfish, royal vocalist and scrivener of fanfictions

i swear this sig is a goose
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:45 am

Wow, nice! I didn't expect so much red, but that's what makes it different!
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:30 am

Ooh, I like it very much, Feather!!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu May 11, 2017 6:48 am

Seeing as how it's been a few months since anyone posted in here, I thought I'd put these up.
Long story short, a friend noticed that Alex's and my personalities are kind of like Boromir's and Faramir's, respectively. So I threw this together, borrowing a few pieces of it from other family members (namely the tunic, the jerkin, one of the belts, and the sword), and it sort of turned out pretty well.
It's not quite done yet: notice that the pictures don't go below the edge of the tunic...I was wearing blue jeans and that somewhat ruined the effect. :P I also would like to put the symbol of the White Tree on the front of the jerkin, but I'm going to need to make a jerkin of my own before I do that (the one I'm wearing is Alex's).
(Also I just realized that my hair is really, really straight in the second picture. :roll: But whatever.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Ooh, nice! (And to be compared to Faramir is pretty cool. Leastwise, I sure think so, 'cause he's one of my favourite characters.)
knight and scribe
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Ditto, Ariel. :P your costume is waaay cool, Hobbi!
Thank you, Hobbit!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 pm

(He's my favorite secondary character, I think. So yeah, I'm not complaining. :lol: And Boromir is Alex's favorite member of the Fellowship, so that all works out splendidly.)
Thanks, guys! Aside from the many layers, it's actually a quite comfortable costume, so I wear it around the apartment whenever I can now that I have it. :mrgreen:

Return to “Artist's Corner”