Original Artwork

Narnian and Non-Narnian fan art, original artwork, photography, whatever it is- it all goes here!

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Original Artwork

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed May 31, 2017 2:16 am

Oh, that explains the wing! I was wondering why the one wing was less than angelic. :P
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed May 31, 2017 2:33 am

:lol:
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
daughterofaslan
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by daughterofaslan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:08 am

Wow. I am so amazed. :shock: You guys are wonderful artists. I love all of them so much!
Set made by Hobbit. Thank you!
Daughter of Aslan (Also known as Dazzle)
Sister of Chess and Pev
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 am

I think this is where I post this...
So I tried painting for like, the first time in forever. I think it turned out pretty well for the fact that I only used two colors of paint...
About the thing that I painted: I was looking through old "fan art" (if I can call it that) from my old novels that I wrote when I was like, thirteen, and I came across a sketch of this. It's called an Amberequinette (have no idea where I came up with that name). It's an island animal which is like a horse/fish... It can go on land or water and is either green or yellow or goldish.
I used a picture of a horse to sort of figure out where the muscles and shadows and stuff should go. The only two colors of paint I used were black and yellow, which, when crossed, ended up turning quite green. :D It only took about fifteen minutes, and I didn't do a background because I was too lazy...
But I was mainly inspired by Hobbit, who is like the most creative person ever. So yeah. :roll:
I'm sorry the painting is so blurry. I really don't like my camera.
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:29 am

Very nice!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 am

:o That's incredible, Gypse!!!!!!
Actually, I think the slight tinge of green turned out adding a cool effect...y'know, what with the ocean and all.
(But I do remember that in order to make black paint look darker, they add a bit of blue to it. And an art teacher once told me that apparently the technical name for the color you get when you mix yellow and black is Mars Green. Not sure why it's called that, though, since Mars is red...)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
daughterofaslan
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by daughterofaslan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:50 pm

Wow, Gypsy!! :o That's awesome. It looks really cool. :) I love the color. Idk, it just seems to fit this kind of creature. :D Great job!
Set made by Hobbit. Thank you!
Daughter of Aslan (Also known as Dazzle)
Sister of Chess and Pev
alexandanor
Knight

Post by alexandanor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:41 pm

Hey, that's really cool, Gyps! Nice work!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:24 am

That greenish colour works pretty well, whatever your intentions! Pretty neat-o painting, gyps!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:30 am

I did a handful of practice art commissions this spring/early summer, and this is by far the most time-consuming of them. He's from a book written by a friend of mine and he is an amazing character.
I'm wondering if I should start using watermarks on my stuff. I don't have any art out on the internet except for the stuff here on TLC, but...I dunno. I'm considering starting doing art commissions as a part-time job (sometime in the next couple years, anyway, if all goes well), but I have no experience with that so...does anyone have any experience with this sort of stuff? Should I start watermarking my more detailed artwork now, even though I'm not making any money off of it yet?

Return to “Artist's Corner”