Original Artwork

Narnian and Non-Narnian fan art, original artwork, photography, whatever it is- it all goes here!

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Re: Original Artwork

Post by Lily of Archenland » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:19 am

Thanks, guys. :)

Ariel, can you remember the book's name? I would love to have a look at those illustrations if I could dig it up at some point...
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 am

@Lily: I couldn't remember the full title, but thankfully Google was able to help me out! I don't know if there are more than one edition of this book or not, but this is the cover of the one I have somewhere: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1450 ... ican_Tales (Good Reads is not in any way affiliated with TLC; click at your own risk)

And look, guys, I drew today for the first time in a long while! I got inspired by the adult colouring books I've had for a year and some and decided I wanted to dabble. I have a better image idea worked out for a different subject, but I wanted to start off my fancy sketchbook strong, so I went with one of my favourite Bible verses instead, Revelation 1:18.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon May 08, 2017 7:30 am

Ooh, niiiiiice! I like it, Ariel! :)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Mon May 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Nice!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 am

Thanks, guys. ^.^
knight and scribe
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:11 pm

*muchly approves* nice job, Ariel!
Thank you, Hobbit!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed May 10, 2017 6:06 am

Thanks! (I just realized that the size of the picture doesn't really bring it out, but I do have "Revelation 1:18" repeated on the hem of His sleeve.)
I'll post more once I actually, you know, draw them. :P
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue May 30, 2017 3:54 am

Please do! :D I love seeing people's artwork.

So I figured I probably ought to give under-lit shading a go. It's...better that I was afraid it would be, partly because I gave it a front light source, too (because I was scared to do an under-lit-only drawing).
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 30, 2017 5:08 am

Wow. I mean, I can't really tell it's under-lit except by his arms and pectorals, but the drawing is still impressive. :D
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue May 30, 2017 6:45 am

Yeah, that's what I meant about part-front-lit. Made it easier breaking me in with under-lighting, because I wasn't ready yet to jump right in with 100% under-lit. :lol: I was going to add more shadows, and darker, but I had limited time and had to make some sacrifices if I wanted to finish the picture while the idea was fresh. But in hindsight, it actually works. The part that's still angel is front-lit and has fewer shadows (the face and his left wing in particular), while the part that is changing into demon (namely the arms and the right wing) is under-lit, implying the change into evil.
(The picture, incidentally, is supposed to be of Lucifer being transformed into Satan, sort-of-but-not-really inspired by a scene from Sight&Sound Theater's stage play of the story of creation. I forgot to mention that earlier. :P )

Return to “Artist's Corner”