Original Artwork

Narnian and Non-Narnian fan art, original artwork, photography, whatever it is- it all goes here!

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Original Artwork

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:23 am

Wow. I cannot do that! (Also, ahh, the kitty’s eyes!)
I don’t see why you can’t start watermarking now. At the very least, it wouldn’t hurt to do. Even the stuff you don’t make money off of could be stolen and claimed by someone else.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 am

Small Gif Dog and ball.gif
Small Gif Dog and ball.gif (231.2 KiB) Viewed 8320 times
Hobbit, you're good enough to where you should watermark. Seriously, some of the old comics I put up on this site years ago have been used on websites I know nothing about (I was google searching the photobucket links I used to use and found out about it.)

This is something I drew last December. It's a cross of my dog and Dante from Coco.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:49 am

Whoa! Is that digital drawing or converted pen/cil sketching?
knight and scribe
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:36 pm

It was penciled on 8.5"x11" paper and then penned. I used an empty picture frame so I could hold the papers in place and also let light shine through the back of the frame to trace over previous drawings. It would have been easier digitally, but for some reason I haven't been able to draw well with the Wacom pen - at least not yet.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Cool stuff! The dog is cute too. ^_^
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:50 am

@Hermit: Okay that is an adorable animation, seriously. :mrgreen: (Also you have a Wacom?? Niiiice...that's an eventual goal of mine. The tablet I have right now is a cheaper brand and you can kind of tell...)

And okay, yeah, I guess I'll start figuring out something to use for a watermark. Thanks, guys!
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:00 am

Hermit. that's Amazing!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:46 pm

I'm digging this, hobbit! Great work!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:52 am

I've been sitting here trying to figure out whether this belonged non-Narnian fanart or original artwork because it's from a story but it's a story I'm writing...
(Also I was going for a sort of comic-booky look as I was doing it, but it hadn't quite achieved the effect I was looking for by the end, so I put it through a photo filter that sadly dulled the colors and destroyed the image quality, but at least it sort of gave me the effect I was looking for...?
(Also look, watermark!!)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Hobbit, this does have a very comic-like look to it and has complex reflections of light. Thanks for posting!

Return to “Artist's Corner”