THE SILVER CHAIR FILM: COMPLETELY NEW TAKE?

Discussions on the upcoming film by CS Lewis Company and Mark Gordon Co.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

always narnian
Site Admin

THE SILVER CHAIR FILM: COMPLETELY NEW TAKE?

Postby always narnian » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello Everyone!

I don't know if you've just read the newest announcement about Joe Johnston, but it seems that he is hoping to create a new feeling/look for The Silver Chair as compared to the previous films. What are your thoughts on that? Excited, or no?
always narnian
Site Admin

Re: THE SILVER CHAIR FILM: COMPLETELY NEW TAKE?

Postby always narnian » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:50 pm

I had one user tell me they are not able to post to this topic. Is anyone else having trouble seeing it?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Postby Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 am

Sorry I'm late. Been too busy to pop in here.
(No, not having any trouble with the thread, but I'm also a staffer, so... I don't know if that would affect anything.)

It makes sense that the new studio is looking to do something different. I think it could cause something of a hassle if they tried to imitate the previous films' looks. Though, honestly, it's not like Cair Paravel would have to look the way it did in LWW anyway, what with the ruins in PC and then Caspian's rebuilding. The design could very easily be different because of that one fact. Plus, SC explores territories outside of Narnia, so even if anyone is tempted to connect SC with the three previous films, it will still make sense to have all-new designs for the Giants and Underworld 'cause we've never seen them before.
I'm glad of any official news we get, but I'm not letting my hopes get up too high just yet.
knight and scribe
inspired by "Warrior" by Steven Curtis Chapman
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Postby hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 am

I'm going to be interested to see what happens with it. I wonder if part of the "new feeling/look" has something to do with the fact that there are no actual battles in SC?
And of course I'm just thrilled that the movie is underway. I've been waiting for this for years. :mrgreen:
Sig from Nia; thank you, Nia!
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. ;)
always narnian
Site Admin

Postby always narnian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Hobbit- I know! It's crazy to think the first movie came out in 2005! It's been 12 years.

Ariel- You are right, it would make sense there would be such a new feel/look, seeing as we will be exploring new lands of Narnia we have not seen before :)

Return to “The Silver Chair”