Jadis and Tash

Characters, creatures and other general discussion

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Re: Jadis and Tash

Post by Lily of Archenland » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 pm

I like the possibility that Stars can come in different shapes sometimes. After all, Angels do.
jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:55 am

Lily of Archenland wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 pm
I like the possibility that Stars can come in different shapes sometimes. After all, Angels do.

They do, that's true! It can be debated that who is the most likely Satan figure, Jadis or Tash. Though I would say that Tash could be a picture of how Satan will one day reveal his true nature. You know that passage in Revelation, "Woe to the Earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you! He is filled with great anger, knowing he doesn't have much time!"

There are some who often view Shift as the Antichrist, but I think Rishda could also be the Antichrist in some aspect. Rishda is a Calormene, and not a Narnian, and he persecutes Narnians, especially the followers of Aslan. So it would have been kind of awkward if Shift, a talking ape from Narnia, was the only one persecuting Narnians. And how else would Shift manipulate Narnians when says that Aslan and Tash are one and the same without the Calormenes involved?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:10 am

Please keep the discussion on Jadis and Tash here so we don’t go off on rabbit trails.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:28 pm

It's hard to know how Tash originally came to be in Narnia. He could have come from another world, like Jadis came from Charn. It kind of raises the question of how is that Jadis went North and Tash went South.

Who is the Satan figure? Jadis or Tash? Well, I would say it's complicated. Tash is not in equal to Aslan, just as Satan is not in equal to Jesus.

Return to “General Narnian Discussions”