Review: Chronicles Coloring Book

Characters, creatures and other general discussion

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

daughterofaslan
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: Review: Chronicles Coloring Book

Post by daughterofaslan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:50 pm

Okay.... I looked it up, it seems there is a Prince Caspian one? :)
Set made by Hobbit. Thank you!
Daughter of Aslan (Also known as Dazzle)
Sister of Chess and Pev
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:46 am

I have not personally seen the Prince Caspian coloring books. I looked them up on Amazon and it looked like they were movie tie-ins as opposed to Pauline Bayne's illustrations. Has anyone had experience with those books that could fill us in?
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:59 pm

I don't have experience with the colouring /books/, but I do have a set of six colouring pages that are, yes, movie tie-ins. It came with three images of Aslan (one sitting regally, one standing and roaring to the side, and the other... I don't remember what pose he was in), two of Peter in full duel gear (so with the helmet), and one of Miraz in full duel gear (why Miraz is beyond me, but anyway). All six pages are of these characters in poses with backgrounds that act more like frames (geometrical shapes, leaves, filigree designs, the Telmarine compass for Miraz). I also remember seeing on Amazon a tie-in, colour-yourself pillowcase that featured Peter in duel gear.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Luthien (my sister) and I found the book on sale at Walmart. We really got it so we could color Pauline Baynes' timeless pictures, though. It is disappointing the compilers of the book do not seem to be very familiar with the CoN. I wonder if there is just one person who just works on all the literary-coloring-book-tie-ins and does not really have time to do adequate research? Still, it looks better than a lot of coloring books.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:34 am

There are some random coloring pages that are definitely based off the LWW movie, and they're what I've used. You can usually find them by searching "Narnia coloring pages" on the internet. They have a few character pages, but my favorites are the scenes (Lucy at Tumnus' house, the Battle of Beruna, the Witch's courtyard, etc.).
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)

Return to “General Narnian Discussions”