Narnian Scribble by Lil

Fan Fiction inspired by The Chronicles

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

Lil
Site Admin

Narnian Scribble by Lil

Post by Lil » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:51 pm

I wrote this back in February, I hope it's not too terrible. Anyway, tell me what you think?

It had always been assumed in the Pevensie household that Peter would find a girl first, then more so in Narnia with his being High King. But yet here he was watching Edmund talking earnestly with the girl across the table from his brother.

Not that his brother needed supervision, Peter thought. Edmund, after several years of being exiled from Narnia was still the knight his brother knew him to be. Merely it was so that all the other less courteous people could not cast a shadow on his brother's honor.

Looking at the both of them, he felt good. It felt mature, he thought to himself. Not that his brother would act immature as others had done. It felt right and could honestly tell his brother he felt no reservations. Yet it still hurt a little to know now that someone else now had a place in his brother's heart alongside his own and his siblings. It had happened, as far as he knew at least, without any warning and suddenly here was someone taking up his brother’s time and part of his heart. The once close brothers who were constantly in each others company, going different directions barely speaking once a day (at most) to each other.

He knew part of it was Edmund’s new job as a paperboy, the girl couldn’t be blamed completely… And there was the holidays coming up, hopefully… Yet it still as much as he tried to wish it away, it still felt raw sometimes. It was getting better he thought, especially after Edmund had sat down with him and explained a good deal of it. Well he must wait, there was nothing else for it. His Lord must not think him quite ready, he was fine with that. After all it wasn’t quite as if he wanted a girl to get back at his brother…. Bother… he didn’t know why in all Narnia, he wanted one…he was fine before…

“Peter? You want to finish that chess game I promised you?”
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Narnian Scribble by Lil

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:11 am

I was going to say, "Oh, sad!", but then the ending came and I was happy again. :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Re: Narnian Scribble by Lil

Post by Lil » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:15 am

Aww! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks especially for the comment!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”