Old Lilly Nano-fiction scribbles

Fan Fiction inspired by The Chronicles

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

Lil
Site Admin

Old Lilly Nano-fiction scribbles

Post by Lil » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:06 am

When I started this it was because I had an idea that wanted developed.... Also Kristi had just challenged TLC against her Writing group. Thirdly, Petraverd and Inkling were able to help me and therefore get the idea off the ground. I was persuaded to try. Also I wanted to get past my current state of always editing and not being able to just write.

Warning: This story is unfinshed. I think I know where it will end but I haven't gotten the entire thing written yet.

As he slept, he dreamt Aslan came to him.

For awhile the lion just stared at him with his large, golden, all knowing eyes. Ashamed, he bowed his head.

At length the great Lion spoke, “Son of Adam, why will you not look at me?

Feeling at the brink of tears, the young king cried “Because I’m ashamed. I am not worthy to stand in your presence.

“Son of Adam, no man or beast is worthy. Tell me why you are ashamed.”

“Because I met with Them, Aslan. I agreed to do something for Them. I’m no better than one of them. It’s almost as if I am working for her again. Why did you die for me, if you knew I was going to do...This?”

“Because I love you.”

“But I’ve practically betrayed you. . .again. . .” The youth cried, as tears ran freely from his eyes.

“My Child, my love does not hinge upon conditions as imperfect love does. I have loved you from before you were born. From before your world was created as I have loved your sisters and your brothers. As I have loved Narnia and the citizens of your world though few acknowledge me. And as I have loved those of Charn and they who came from Charn. Yes, even she, Son of Adam though it pained my heart to see her turn away from me. Why did you not come to me?”

“Because I thought I was alone. I didn’t think you could here me. I didn’t see you.”

“Look upon your life, Edmund Pevensie, Son of the Lord Adam and of the Lady Eve. Immediately, his life flashed before him causing him to weep as the scenes passed by. “What do you see?” rumbled the Lion.

“All my mistakes, Aslan,” wept the boy barely able to watch as he became older. “Missed chances, missed opportunities. Everything I’ve ever done wrong.”

That is not what I see. Look closer.”

So the boy did. Something began to emerge. Something he had never seen before. Pawprints. Over every memory of his life. If he looked hard enough there was the Lion. Sometimes his footprints vanished altogether. But there was always the Lion’s. He remembered the terrible bouts he’d had with sickness. The nights he’d wondered if he would wake to see another day. But there was the Lion carrying him at his darkest and lowest moments. But always there was the Lion gently guiding him, leading him towards and into Narnia. He would continue to lead him, but Edmund would decide what his end would be. Would he accept the Lion or reject him as the Witch had done. Then the paw prints changed to foot prints and Edmund saw a man. A man hanging from a cross, his body bleeding. A crown of thorns was pressed down on his brow.

“Son of Adam, you were brought to Narnia so that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better in your own country.”

“But what shall I do?”

You must learn to lean on others; you have a brother and two sisters who are greatly worried for you. They cannot figure out what is bothering you and it is frightening them.

“But they. . .They’ll just. . .I can’t. . .

“Remember I am with you, You are not alone.”

“Thank you Aslan. I’m sorry.” To this the Lion wrapped his arms around the boy, drawing him into his embrace and licking away the tears. “Be brave my Son.”

I jolt awake still smelling the perfume of his mane and the feel of the Lion’s kiss....
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Old Lilly Nano-fiction scribbles

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:54 am

That was a fine read! :) I liked the part about the paw/footprints.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Re: Old Lilly Nano-fiction scribbles

Post by Lil » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 am

Thank You! Thanks for the Comment Ariel!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”