Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Lil
Site Admin

Re: King in this World

Post by Lil » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Thanks Jaygee, Tenny, Ariel and Arna! :D

Stay Tuned for more!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:06 pm

It was late when Peter was at released from his classes.

Slowing as he reached the entrance of the school infirmary, he skidded to a stop just inside. "How is he?" he asked. The nurse smiled at him compassionately. "Sleeping. He hasn't vanished yet, Pevensie" she finished with a twinkle in her eye. It was becoming common knowledge how close the Pevensie Brother had grown. Quietly, she led him to where Edmund lay. The dirt had been washed away as best as possible and bandages covered most of his injuries. There was a bruise on his cheek, and just above a black eye.

Quietly He lowered himself into a near by chair, and dropping his book bag to the floor with a soft 'thunk'. He smiled at his brother thankful that his brother was able to get some rest before reaching down to retrieve the first of his books he needed for his assignments. He hadn't gotten far into it when he heard a cough, he looked up quickly from his book. His brother was still asleep, but had rolled over. (Peter wondered how he could with all the bruises he most likely had) and seemed to be frowning; the lids of his eyes seemed to be blinking ever so fractionally in his sleep.

It was sometime later when Edmund awoke grumpily. "Peter. Why didn't you wake me up when you returned?"

"You needed the sleep."

Turning to face his brother he asked, "Is Nathaniel alright?" In the end, turning on his side proved to be a chore, as both sides were similarly quite bruised and in the end, he gave up. Resigning himself to lying on his back, he looked up at the cracks in the ceiling.

"Yes, he's fine, Ed, He fetched the headmaster for you." Peter replied smiling half-heartedly, gently patting his brother's shoulder. "How do you feel?"

"How do you think I feel?" Edmund retorted, then frowned. The pain was making the sarcasm in his voice come out harsher than he had meant it too.

His brother was silent a moment, "Like you just been trampled by a giant?"

"Close enough," the brown haired youth muttered with a grimace. Shifting his bruised legs in an effort to relieve the tension on his injuries, he hissed in pain as the torn muscle manifested itself again. "Ahhh…. My leg…. Pete, I think I over-extended myself …I keep forgetting I'm not as strong as I used to be…."

"The nurse said you probably pulled a muscle."

"Feels like a tear." He groaned. A dark thought suddenly came to him. He could see himself limping along the hallway all by himself, only to have his way blocked by a smirking Collins. "More prey for Collins and his ilk, likely. Blast!" he pounded the sheet with his fist, wincing as he remembered the bruises on his arms.

"Don't worry, Ed. I'll be right behind you."

He smiled. On days like these, He was especially glad for his brother. "Thanks, Peter."

A low dangerous chuckle came from his brother. "Collins has no idea what he's up against. And of the two of us," he continued with a proud, smug smile. "You're the clever one. I remember you outwitting your opponent more than once. Frankly," he leaned back and folded his arms, with a smile of satisfaction on his face "I'm looking forward to seeing the baffled look on his face next time he encounters you."

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. . . Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10,12 NIV

Thank you for reading my story. I hope you have enjoyed it! :D

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:40 am

What a wonderful story Lil! :D How you were able to explore Peter and Edmund's relationship post-LWW was done admirably, I could easily see them acting in the way they did and their bond was truly well written. I also enjoyed the way you brought about ideas of Edmund's past to contrast them to his changed character, (traitor, Turkish delight). The verse you added in the last chapter is one of my favourite verses and it completely works with this story.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:03 am

Aw, this was a great story!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:26 pm

... Yeah, pretty much what Elanorelle said. :D There will be more right? 'cause I'm looking forward to seeing Collins' face too.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Deleted scene - The Head master

Post by Lil » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Deleted Scene

This scene was scrapped before I finished the final polishing and editing so please excuse any rough spots.

“Mr. Pevensie, I understand you were in a few days ago. Is that true?” the headmaster questioned the younger Pevensie.

“Yes, Sir. I was,” Edmund replied.

“And you know that it is against school rules?”

“Yes Sir, I do. I am prepared to fully responsible for my actions, Sir.”

The headmaster looked at him quizzically as if unable to understand what had come over him. “Mr. Pevensie, Mr. Collins told me that you started the fight? Is that true?”

“No Sir.”
“Who did then, might I ask?”

“Collins did, Sir.”

“You did nothing to provoke him? No shoving? No teasing? No name calling?”

“Sir, I did not provoke him in any of those ways. I merely told him a gentleman wouldn’t do as he was doing, to another.”

Putting a hand up to massage his forehead, the headmaster sighed, “Mr Pevensie, you know I don’t want to punish wrongly or be unmerciful. I’m going to ask you a question and I want you to look me in the eyes and answer truthfully. Why? Why were you fighting?”

“Sir, there was a boy being cornered by Collins and his mates. I…Sir, I didn’t want him to…to go through what I did. ”

“Mr. Pevensie. While your intentions were commendable, fighting, for whatever reason is against school rules.” The headmaster tapped his fountain pen against the desk mat as punctuation to the final words. Softening his voice he finished, “You knew the rules before you became involved. Would it have been so hard for you to fetch a teacher?”

“No Sir, it wouldn’t have,” Edmund replied, looking down a moment. He paused a moment to think, then continued looking back up at the headmaster. "But I felt that Nathaniel did not have that much time.”

“Aye Lad, I understand. I am afraid though I shall still have to punish you, Mr. Pevensie.”

Nodding in acceptance, Edmund prepared himself bravely to be struck. Neither squeezing his eyes shut nor schooling his face to plead and beg. “I am ready, Sir.”

“Edmund Pevensie. For the offence of fighting on school grounds, you will lose your dorm privileges. Anytime not spent eating, sleeping, or learning shall be spent in your room. You will be notified when the week is at its end. Make sure this is your last infringement.”

His expression softened and the twinkle returned to his eye. “It may surprise you, but Mr. Havens has already spoken in your defense. It seems, your courageous act may have its reward already. And in light of the events, I think a lessened punishment will indeed fit better than a heavy one. I see a change in you, Mr. Pevensie, a positive one. I have no doubts you will have a good year. I, however, do not want to see you in this office again. Aye?”

“Thank you, Sir. I hope not,” Edmund smiled. He had gotten off light, compared to his old school. The canings he had earned there had left welts for weeks afterwards. When he thought of them He could still feel the heat from them.

“Go on, now. You have classes and clothes to pack,” the headmaster ordered his voice gentle.

“Yes, Sir.” Edmund replied, turning and limping out of the office. Despite the fact that he was being punished, he felt warm inside. He had acquitted himself as a knight and a gentleman and had not dishonored Aslan.

Headmaster O’Riley smiled as he watched from doorway the elder pevensie meet his brother and help him limp off. He was sure Pevensie Sr. would convey his brother safely to his classes and back again. Everything about his stature bespoke that he would protect his brother like a champion triumphant.

narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:05 am

*applauds* Hooray, Lil! I have enjoyed this story so much! Lovely job! Great writing!
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 pm

*grins*
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”