Loose Ends in Narnia

Fan Fiction inspired by The Chronicles

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

Tenethia
Site Admin

Loose Ends in Narnia

Post by Tenethia » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 pm

There are a bunch of loose ends and possible story lines just hanging around in The Chronicles, just waiting for someone to pick up a pen and write them. I'd like to challenge the fanfiction writers to find a loose end in the books or find one here in this thread, write it and share it in this forum section :)

Feel free to add to the ideas here, but be sure to mention which book the idea comes from :)

Mine come from Voyage of the Dawn Treader

1. Lewis says in the first chapter that the picture of the Dawn Treader came from someone Alberta didn't want to offend, but Alberta didn't really like the picture. Who was this person? Have they seen Narnia?

2. Susan spends this time in America just after having to leave Narnia. Did this have anything to do with her changing to be more like the world and forgetting Narnia? What are Susan's experiences here?

3. Lewis also says that "[Digory Kirke] had somehow become poor since the old days and was living in a small cottage with only one bedroom to spare." What happened to make this change? Was it because of the war? Not much time has passed. Fire? Tragedy?

That's all I have so far :)
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
narniagirl11
Knight

Re: Loose Ends in Narnia

Post by narniagirl11 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:28 pm

As to the first one, one of my friends wrote a short fanfic about that. It's been a long while since I've read it, but I think my friend had Alberta's sister(?) paint the painting and give it to Alberta as a wedding gift.
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Re: Loose Ends in Narnia

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:13 am

Number 3 might be due to taxes, I heard once that a number of old mansions in England were torn down in the last century because property tax went up, I can't remember where I heard that, though.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”