The Thunderstorm

Fan Fiction inspired by The Chronicles

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

Lil
Site Admin

The Thunderstorm

Post by Lil » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:47 pm

(Inspiration: The Horsehead nebula, the begining of young black Stallion. Possible music used for inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvrgGcFibhc for the full version, look up Immediate Music - Liberty Shield

Ancient legend tell of a horse created in the beginning of time. He is neither the servant of the moon nor the Sun, but of Aslan highest ruler of all. He is as wild as he is mighty, yet his strength comes not from himself but from his master. It is also known that from where it didst come, there it shall return one day. He does not delight in his might,but praises his creator,from wence it came. He that is the author of it and the supplier of all that is good and of Justice. Night and Day, he treads the expanse, always doing his master's bidding. On many a dark night,a wearied traveler safe in his lodgings or youth safe in his lodgings may hear him as he thunders across the sky. Flashes of lightening brightening the atmosphere for a moment as he shoes strike the floor.

CRASH! BOOOM!

In a small room beside the royal kitchen's herb garden, a small child shivered in her warm bed. Her eyes were wide with fright. As the next flash of lightening filled the sky with light, she leapt from her bed with a cry able to endure it no longer. Blindly she scurried through the dark hallways, up one passage way and down the next, sleep still covering her mind.

On and on she ran, trying to push back the clinging dark with her arms. To terrified to cry out, but desperate for the comfort that was not there she kept on. The sound of an"Oof" wakened her as she ran into something solid in the dark. (Trembling, she backtracked quickly making a half-cry, half- sob. The light of a candle sprang out of the dark beneath a robe, and there was Queen Susan's gentle face bending down to her,) A light sprang out of the dark beneath a robe, and there was Queen Susan's gentle face bending down to her, concerned and kind. Blinking her sleep ladened eyes, she looked up. "Oh, Queen Susan!" she exclaimed softly. "I-I didn't…I mean…I," she stuttered, backing up and dropping a curtsy.

But the queen looked down on her with such compassion she felt she could not be afraid. "What are you doing up at this hour, little Dalia? Has the storm awakened you as well? Come let us go to the kitchens. Perhaps a cup of tea will help us sleep." Slowly, cautiously, she took the queen's proffered hand and they walked towards the kitchens.

Standing on a stool, the young servant filled the kettle with water and found some kindling, while the Susan fetched some cream and stoked the fire. Filling two mugs with herbs and steaming water, she set them down and pulled out two chairs. They had nearly finished their tea, when a particularly bright flash lit up the sky followed by a loud crack of thunder. With a whimper, Dalia jumped spilling the last of her tea over her sleeping kirtle. Curling her knees to her chest, she began to shiver in fright.

Sighing, the queen set her finished cup on the table, reached down to pick up the trebling child. At Susan's gentle touch, she uncurled letting herself be lifted into the older girl's lap. There she sat for untold minutes, drawing comfort from the gentle queen. Finally the time had come for both them to return to bed.

Setting the frightened girl on her feet, she began to walk Dalia to her bed. As she tucked the child in and turned to leave, Dalia began to shiver. Small childish tears rolled down her face.

"What troubles you, Dalia? Are you still afraid?" Sniffing the little maid nodded her head.

"Did you ever think about what the thunder is?"

Again a small nod of her head. In a small voice, she whispered. "I sometimes think it's the Emperor Over The Sea furious with someone."

"I once heard, that here in Narnia that it was a great, strong, horse. A Servant of Aslan. As he gallops thought the sky, his metal shoes touch the sky causing sparks to fly. The thunder is the sound of his hooves as he charges across the sky.

"Is he a nice horse?"

"I don't know, Dalia You'll have to ask Archimedes but first you have to close your eyes and go to sleep."

"Will you leave me if I close my eyes, Your Majesty?"

"No Dalia. Not till your fast asleep. Here left me sing you a song my mother taught me…."

When Dawn crept over the hills, the High King found his Sister, head resting on the edge of the bed fast asleep.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: The Thunderstorm

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 am

Cute. I loved the parts about the celestial horse. And Su being gentle queen through and through. :)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Bravo, Lil! That was so cute! :D
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:31 pm

Too sweet!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Awww...
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone! It means alot!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”