The Lord of the Rings

Fan Fiction inspired by The Chronicles

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

Tenethia
Site Admin

Re: The Lord of the Rings

Post by Tenethia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:05 am

*Wanders in with a mod hat*

Guys, this is a great discussion, but I believe it is better suited for the discussion forum :) please stay on topic. Thank you.
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
hansgeorg
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by hansgeorg » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:00 pm

*sigh, double sigh* (addminns!)
featherfish
Knight

Post by featherfish » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 am

*incoherent fangirl sounds*
*is such an emo sprite*
lady featherfish, royal vocalist and scrivener of fanfictions

i swear this sig is a goose
Nicky Gabriel
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by Nicky Gabriel » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Chapter 3: Men’s Child

It isn’t easy to surprise Eustace Scrubb. After all, he’d met a talking mouse and survived the meeting. He also turned into a dragon once upon a time, and yes, he was changed back since then, but he’d learnt to treat reality with certain dose of skepticism.

Walking through the door of the bookstore isn’t unexpected and unusual for him, but ending up in a dark and snowy forest is a completely different matter. Especially that the forest doesn’t ‘feel’ familiar.

Narnia is running through his veins because he has visited that world frequently enough to know when he crosses the line between realities. This place is NOT Narnia.

That alone is reason to worry, because he was actually expecting to end up there, considering the visitor the friends of Narnia had a few days ago. Obviously, it’s not happening. On the other hand, knowing that he would get the answers eventually, he keeps walking in the darkness. A few minutes later, he spots dim light from between the trees. He approaches slowly, but he hardly has any choice if he wants to know what is happening.

There is a man sitting by fire, gazing at him with a frown.

“Good... evening?” Eustace says, looking around. They appear to be alone.

“And who are you, Men’s child?” the man asks, but obviously isn’t surprised to see him.

Men’s child?

“Eustace... I’m Eustace Scrubb. What... who are you?” Eustace takes a step closer. The question is valid, for no human could have such bright and glowing hair.

The stranger gets up. “I’m Glorfindel, Lord of the House of the Golden Flower of Gondolin. Are you the one who is supposed to help me kill the dragon and save the world?”

Eustace smiles. Well, there is a reason why he is called Eustace the Un-Dragoned!
Dear God,
No matter what happens, give me the heart that is willing to obey You whatever cost may be.
Love,
Me

My AO3
marmota-b
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by marmota-b » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Now that's an unexpected turn for this story. If it's still the same story?
Nicky Gabriel
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by Nicky Gabriel » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Yes, it is! It’s a fix-it story for the Hobbit/LOTR and canon ending for The Last Battle. In the following story Peter is 22, Susan 21, Edmund 19; Lucy is 17 and Eustace 16.
Both universes are mostly based on their respective movie versions, unless book versions were more suitable for the plot, with slight changes in VOTDT. Narnia timeline and events are canon compliant and the Hobbit is AU with LOTR and SIL elements included.
Dear God,
No matter what happens, give me the heart that is willing to obey You whatever cost may be.
Love,
Me

My AO3
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:56 am

Wow! this is really an interesting idea! I love it! I especially enjoyed the first chapter, I guess I never really thought about the morality of the rings either. I always assumed that Aslan gave them the idea or that the house was unoccupied.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”