The Lord of the Rings

Fan Fiction inspired by The Chronicles

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

hansgeorg
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: The Lord of the Rings

Post by hansgeorg » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: chapter 2.

My own Susan doesn't have this problem up to train crash, but she will get it imposed by unwise Catholic confessors.
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Interesting points, Hans. It's definitely one interpretation that those born in our world are expected to be saved through belief in Christ, since he is the Lord of earth. Even Frank (and presumably Helen) already knew Him.

In a related vein, I've found myself wondering lately whether Narnia would be subject to the curse of Adam? There should be no curse on the land, right? Which explains why there really are just a bunch of Animals running around, having a grand time and not really worried about finding food. Except when there's eternal winter, the land isn't fighting them. On the other hand Frank himself was still under the curse, and Aslan told him specifically that he was going to have to do farming, so was he, like, the worst farmer in the whole country? Can you imagine the Animals and Beings looking over and going "What is with that guy? He's always having problems with this agriculture thing, and he's supposed to know more than the rest of us."

I assume pain in childbirth still remained with Frank and Helen's descendants.
hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:49 am

"Lord of earth"?

Lord of Heaven and Earth, you mean?

Lord of Earth sounds like sth else.

"I've found myself wondering lately whether Narnia would be subject to the curse of Adam?"

Imported sons of Adam and daughters of Eve, yes - but the land and talking animals no.

"On the other hand Frank himself was still under the curse, and Aslan told him specifically that he was going to have to do farming"

Yes, but how many other creatures would need farm products?

"so was he, like, the worst farmer in the whole country?"

Naiads and Dryads presumable did without farming. He had no competition.
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Arguably, some dryads /are/ part of the agricultural system, if they bear fruit or nuts. You don't have to grow them yourself, just ask the plants themselves if production is up this year.

I had to reread my statement. By "Lord of the earth" I just meant earth as opposed to Narnia, not anything theological like Satan's titles of prince of the powers of the air or god of this world.
hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Christ is Lord of Narnia too, just under the name of Aslan (acc to story).

I am glad for clarification, I was specifically reminded of a Babylonian "deity" ...
hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Not sure if any nut or fruit bearing tree was ever with dryads in Narnia. The apple trees in the Orchard at Cair Paravel for instance wasn't.
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Oak tree dryads are mentioned, and we know squirrels have a stash, presumably including acorns. That's the best evidence I have for food-bearing trees offhand. It is a kind of weird concept. Which ones are edible, and which ones are your Seedlings?
hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Well, but acorns are for squirrels, not for fallen man!
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:24 pm

People can eat acorn meal if prepared properly to remove the bitterness ;)
hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:57 am

Can is sth other than usually do.

People can eat meals from brambles (thorns shall grow for thee!) if they are prepared to get diarrhaea from the brambleberries.

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”