Fan Fiction inspired by The Chronicles

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

narniannetty
Regular: Meeting Father Christmas

Redemption

Post by narniannetty » Wed May 27, 2020 7:57 pm

{ AUTHOR’S NOTE: Eirlys is pronounced Ear-Lease}

PROLOGUE

“Born of ice and all that is cruel, here she is, my heir to this new Narnia, the first of the new age, you’re Princess and future Queen, Eirlys! Rejoice with me my people! Aslan thought he could win this war but she is our key! Our snowdrop in a desert!” the pale skinned woman exclaimed from her castle balcony with a voice so thunderous it made the men in her army quake in their metal armor as they did as was told and yelled in excitement for the future of this cold kingdom. “Long live Princess Eirlys! To the new Kingdom!” the crowd cheered with such excitement it made the ground beneath them shake as they beheld their Queen, Jadis outstretch her arms and show them the small white bundle of blanket which contained the newly born princess. She too had pale skin. This tiny baby had short locks of dark brown hair which reached her chin and eyes black as the deepest cave with no light. Jadis smiled in satisfaction and cradled the child in her arms once again and with a small grin she looked out on the crowd and bellowed, “Let the festivities begin!” before going into her castle and had the child’s governess, Luminess, dress the baby for the event. She was after all going to be passed around so that all may know their new princess. Luminess gently took the child and smiled down at her, “Yes your majesty.” She replied in a voice so soothing it could make any screaming child calm when they heard it. As Jadis let out a satisfied hum and left the room, Luminess carried the baby to her room and laid her on a light blue changing station and began looking for a dress for her to wear. “How about this one your highness?” the black haired fawn asked as she held up a light blue dress with pretty frills on the sleeves and a puffy skirt. Eirlys blinked and of course didn’t understand but rather found her hands rather fascinating and played with them. Luminess sighed and smiled softly. “How about this beautiful periwinkle dress?” she once again asked for the now fifth time in a row. This time however, Eirlys looked at it and smiled while rubbing her left eye and reaching for the sparkly dress. “This one it is then princess.” Luminess cheered and readied the little princess for her debut.
“Come Eirlys, I want to show you something.” the pale woman spoke softly and gestured to the now four year old girl to follow her. “Coming mommy.” the young girl replied happily and got up from the floor, leaving her toys behind and following her mother. They walked through a frozen garden and into an old tower, a tower she was told to never step foot in. “Mommy where are we going?” the brown haired girl asked as she now was hesitant and for some reason, she felt scared and stood at the doorway as her mother walked in. Jadis walked deeper into the tower and noticed her daughter wasn’t following, “Are you coming or not?” she said in a flat tone, almost sounding threatening to the ears of the scared child before her. “Y-yes mommy.” Eirlys replied shakily in a tone so quiet not even a mouse would hear it. She swallowed hard and took a step towards her mother who watched intently. “Come now don’t be frightened. You and I are the only ones here my love. You have nothing to fear.” Jadis assured her and it seemed to calm the small girl since she moved faster now and followed close behind her. They walked down a spiral tunnel for what seemed like an eternity. It was so cold the water along the walls were frozen and every step was slippery as you could hear the ice on the stairs crunch and crack. The walls themselves held candles which were lit and provided very little light, barely enough to light up their path so they wouldn’t trip. When they arrived at the bottom, they came across a glowing white sigil on the ground in the shape of a snowflake. The little girl’s black eyes widened in delight as she ran over to get a better look. “You like it?” her mother asked as she took a vial off a table and opened it. The child nodded in excitement and ran back to her mother. “What is that?” she asked in curiosity as she tilted her head slightly to the side. “This my dear is what I wanted to show you.” the mother smiled warmly and proceded to project ice from her hand. “This is the source of our power.” she continued. Of course now the girl’s eyes were wide in astonishment and wonder. She laughed in excitement and hugged her mother, “Why are you hugging me?” Jadis asked, holding back her disdain since she was only four after all. “Sorry mommy. I forgot you don’t like that.” the poor girl mumbled sadly. “It’s just I was so happy you could do the magic too!” Eirlys continued while playing with the hem of her sweater. Now Jadis was curious, “What do you mean I can do it too?” she asked as she lowered herself to Eirlys’ height and held her small hands in her large ones. “Well yeah. I can do it too look.” The young one removed her hands from her mother’s grasp and outstretched her hands towards the wall and ice proceeded to project from her hands. Jadis was stunned and stood to her full height with wide eyes. She was speechless for a moment as she beheld the ice wall that was before her. This made Eirlys worried. Was she in trouble? Why was her mother staring that way? “H-how did you do that?” Jadis glanced at her child and regained her composure. “I don’t know. I got mad one day and it just happened.” the child replied as she kicked a pebble by her shoe. “I see. Why didn’t you tell me?” Jadis asked now calming down. “I thought you would be mad at me. I can’t control very well so sometimes it just happens.” Eirlys let out a sigh of relief. Jadis smiled proudly and picked up her daughter in her arms. “Oh Eirlys, you can always trust me with these things. As a matter of fact, what you have is truly a magnificent gift indeed! It normally takes many years of hard work and training to even get to your level of ice!” she doted and praised her. Eirlys beamed brightly, “Really?!” She questioned curiously. “Of course! As for controlling it, we’ll work on it.” Jadis smiled as she carried her child back upstairs and inside the castle. “Why don’t you go play and we can train later alright?” the Queen spoke softly as she watched Eirlys run into the play room. “Aren’t you going to tell her?” Luminess questioned in a concerned tone. “Tell her what?” Jadis asked innocently with a straight face. “You know what Jadis! You’re magic is against everything Narnia stands for. Above all else, it goes against Aslan.” she snapped at the queen. “Are you forgetting who you are talking to?” Jadis scoffed, her voice growing louder with every word. “I AM YOUR QUEEN! Aslan is not coming back. This is why you’re here to begin with slave! You will stand and watch as I tear Narnia to shreds in this endless winter! Then and only then will I kill you.” Jadis threatened coldly while aiming her sceptre at Luminess’ throat. “I-I understand.” Luminess said in a tone that seemed as though she had been crying for hours. She was heartbroken to say the least at the destruction of her home but she always remained hopeful that one day her King would return. That the prophecy would be fulfilled and that Narnia would have Spring again. So she secretly taught Eirlys of the prophecy. How two sons of Adam and Two daughters of Eve would come and defeat the White Witch and bring an end to Winter and Aslan would return to Narnia and bring peace.

Chapter One
The Boy

As time went on Eirlys grew up, she learned to control her powers but one day her once loving mother had a change of heart. Her happiness was destroyed and she was taken from her castle bedroom so lavishly furnished, to a dungeon in the lower levels of the castle made entirely of ice. She had been here for three years now with no one to talk to but herself. She would often talk to herself daily to keep her sanity and from time to time Redwood, one of her mother's wolves would keep her company and chat with her but usually, she had a schedule. She’d look around her and notice if the ice has melted or if any icicle grew, she would write on the walls with a shard of ice she had but after a while her hands would grow numb from the cold which forced her to stop and sigh, Luminess would sneak her a warm meal at least every other day but meanwhile she would nibble on frozen bread her mother would give her and even chew on ice just to trick herself into thinking it’s something good to eat but today was different. Jadis came in this morning with Luminess and two other maids in a fit of rage but she hid it well. “Get up.” she commanded in the coldest tone. She tried standing up but the lack of strength made her fall to her knees. “I said get up!” Jadis exclaimed in anger. “Get her strength up now! I want her dressed like the princess she is and bathed and ready to come with me immediately!” she snarled at the maids as they helped me up and led me to the bathing room upstairs. “Oh my dear I’m so sorry.” Luminess whispered to herself as she gestured for the other two to leave them alone so she could bathe her. Eirlys was embarrassed to say the least but didn’t have the strength to argue so she left it at that. Once that was done, they had her put on a gorgeous dark blue dress with white trim and put her hair into a ponytail nicely and led her to the dining room so she could eat and gain some strength for a while. She remained stone cold and silent as she ate her soup and drank her water. “How are you feeling?” Luminess asked kindly. “Does it matter? She’ll just get what she wants and make me do what she wants then throw me back in that rotten dungeon.” Eirlys replied through gritted teeth, her stare not leaving the bowl of soup in front of her. She was no longer the bright eyed child she was back then. She changed in these three years as anyone would. She was so filled with anger and bitterness that it changed her graceful disposition into that of a snarling beast waiting to attack it’s prey, this is what worried Luminess greatly. “My dear, don’t you remember the prophecy I told you?” she gulped. “What about it?” Eirlys rolled her eyes in annoyance. “I believe it’s unfolding as we speak. Rumour has it that a daughter of Eve has been spotted!” Luminess beamed with hope. The young girl burst into a fit of hysteric laughter so much so that tears were streaming down her face from laughing so hard. “You don’t expect me to believe me that childish story do you?” she exclaimed in between breaths while panting for air. Luminess’ heart sunk to her stomach, this child she had raised had completely denounced her teachings. “I pray Aslan comes quickly…” she mumbled and led a still laughing Eirlys to her mother's sleigh where Jadis was awaiting. “Hurry up Eirlys, we’ve no time to lose!” she hurried. “Right.” Eirlys sighed and composed herself as she climbed in and off they went.

The ride was terribly silent until the sleigh stopped. Someone got in the way and I couldn’t help but laugh. ‘What fool was dumb enough to not clear the way for the queen?’ I thought to myself with a small laugh. A smile of amusement etched onto my lips as I saw mother get off and stop Ginarrbrik from hitting the trespasser. I stood up in curiosity and glanced at the sight, I couldn’t tell what they were saying but she suddenly began walking with a dark haired boy around my own age, they were walking towards the sleigh and I quickly took my seat, hopefully without her noticing my curiosity. “Come sit with me.” she told the boy who hesitantly got in the sleigh and glanced at me before between my mother and I at her command. “Darling don’t be rude, we have a guest. What do we say to guests?” she stated in such a sweet tone anyone who didn’t know her would be fooled easily by it, to me it was such a venomous underlining of a sweet tone. Like honeysuckle laced with botulinum and the glare she gave me had the same tone. I smiled fakely but enough to convince the boy that he was safe. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Eirlys.” I introduced kindly. I don’t know why but I suddenly felt as if the worst was about to happen. I had never in all eleven years in my life felt this scared in my life but I tried my best to hide it. He smiled sweetly, “Nice to meet you Eirlys, I’m Edmund.” he replied with a voice that seemed calming and reassuring. Unlike anything I was used to. My mother quickly noticed how cold he was and gave him her fur coat. Now I knew something was going on for sure. She even gave him a warm drink and some sort of candy, I’m assuming it is candy but I have never heard of Turkish Delight in my life. He offered me one but I had a gut feeling telling me to refuse his offer. I felt even worse when I remembered where the candy had come from and what could have been done to it. “Tell me Edmund, do you have siblings?” mother asked sickly sweet while smiling down at him. “I have my brother Peter and my sisters Lucy and Susan but they’re nothing special.” he said in a matter of fact tone which caused me to let out a snicker and he looked at me oddly. “Sorry.” I apologised and kept to myself, feeling the cold glare from my mother. “How about you bring them here with you next time?” she asked him. “Why?” he sassed. “A king needs servants you know?” she smiled. “You can make me king? What about Eirlys?” he mused. “Eirlys is my servant. You can be king.” she answered coldly. I stared at the ground, pushing back tears. Even after that day, I knew she didn’t see me as her heir or child but as a prisoner held for ransom. “Oh, I thought she was your daughter though.” Edmund countered as he looked at me. “No, I’m merely a servant sir.” I replied softly. “But you two look so similar!” He replied unconvinced. “That girl is not my daughter Edmund now listen to me! Bring your siblings to my castle up there between those mountains and I will make you king over all of Narnia!” She barked at him coldly while catching his attention and pointing between the mountains she spoke of. “Alright. I ‘ll do it then. But can I have more candy?” he asked shyly. “Only if you do this for me.” She rudely replied which was enough to send him on his way. “See you later Eirlys.” he waved at me and of course I waved back as we rode away, leaving him behind as I saw a little girl a bit younger than I am run up to him. I then heard a voice whisper to me, “Don’t tell Jadis. Leave them alone or you will suffer a worse fate.” I knew that voice wasn’t my own but I had never heard it before and it sounded like thunder on a dark rainy day so I decided it best to listen to it and not say anything.

As I sat in my cell once we returned, my thoughts drifted off into space as I thought about that boy and girl. I thought about the prophecy that Luminess reminded me of. I thought about the way my mother acted around the boy and asked of his family. I thought about the worried look in her eye when he mentioned he had a brother and two sisters. At first I thought it was a coincidence but now, maybe just maybe, could they be the ones the prophecy spoke about? Could they be the sons of Adam and daughters of Eve? Why would my mother give the kingdom to this boy? Would she give it to him or would she treat him the way she treated me? If he is one of the sons of Adam then I am in deep trouble. The candy Edmund ate was laced with a strong magic that would have him coming back for more and the more he ate, the stronger the magic would be over him. I let him eat it without warning him. I should have warned him as that voice instructed. Who was that voice? I need to warn Edmund. I don’t even know if the prophecy is true. What if I am right and it is a lie? My main question is this, where and who is Aslan and will he return soon if this prophecy is true?

When I arrived in my cell this time, I noticed something different. Through the cracks of my ice wall, I could see into the next cell. Curiosity seems to be my strong suit right now as I peered into the crack as Luminess drew close from my left which faced the cell door. There was a faun in the next cell. He was chained to the floor, unlike me who was free to walk around in my cell for an hour a day. “Dear I’ve brought you lunch.” Luminess whispered quietly. “What about him?” I asked with a softness in my voice. Luminess glanced at the faun in the next cell. “He must be new, that cell was empty a few days ago.” she pondered. “I see.” was my reply as she handed me the sandwich and canteen of water. “Thank you Luminess.” I smiled at her as she waved and left in a hurry before she was seen. I once again glanced into the next cell. “H-hello?” I called out quietly. He seemed to have panicked and was shaking from the cold. “W-w-who’s there?” he asked shakily. “I’m in the cell next to you. There’s a crack in the wall and I can see you. Can you see me?” I asked curiously. He scooted himself towards me and peered back into the wall. “I believe I can see you now miss.” he half-heartedly chuckled. I smiled. “So why are you here?” I asked with a sigh. “They say I commited treason. I hid a daughter of Eve from the White Witch after I told her I had her.” he sighed with regret. “You know a daughter of Eve?!” I asked excitedly. “Shhh!” he replied with a finger to his lips. “My bad.” I whispered apologetically. “Yes. She had short brown hair and a green sweater.” he began describing the girl and my eyes widened. That was the girl with Edmund. “Her name was Lucy. She was so kind!” he continued with a smile. “So that’s her name.” I whispered. “Do you really think the prophecy is true?” I asked and he looked at me as if I had two heads.

“You mean you don’t think it’s true?” he asked in disbelief. “Well….I still haven’t made up my mind. At times I think it’s true but then other times I think otherwise. I don’t know what I believe anymore.” The brunete sighed in confusion. She was torn to say the least. She didn’t have any hope but she desperately wanted to hope that Aslan would return and that the prophecy would come true but how could she hope when her world was full of darkness? “I see. Oh how rude of me, I’m Tumnus.” he said with a smile. I smiled in return and gave him my sandwich to which he nodded in thanks. “Oh it’s nice to meet you Tumnus, I’m -” I was cut off when a guard dragged me away. “Come on princess, you’re getting a new cell.” Ginarrbrik scoffed and threw me by my arm into a cell a few spaces over from Tumnus. This one looked more like a jail than a dungeon and I could see Tumnus clearly from where I was. Ginarrbrik cuffed my hands in some special cuffs made for my magic and chained me to the floor like he did the first time I was in the dungeon. “I don’t understand.” I began but he slapped me and I fell back onto the cold ice. “We have another prisoner.” Ginarrbrik snarled and another was brought into the cell next to me. “Edmund?!” I asked in shock and he looked at me with pain in his eyes as my mother came in. “No talking!” She yelled at me. I stared away and sighed. She and Ginarrbrik walked away while Luminess came out of her hiding. “The time has come my child. The prophecy is unfolding. You were born for a reason.” she said as she unlocked my cell. “I will stay here, take this letter and follow the wind. The wind will take you to a small village called Securas, there you will find an older couple named Ziv and Aldo. There you will find answers to whatever questions you will have. Now go! There isn’t much time! Run and don’t look back. Trust no one!” Luminess tried rushing and reassuring me as I glanced back at Edmund. “Hurry before it’s too late!” Edmund cheered in approval yet sadness. “I promise I’ll come back for you both!” She exclaimed before running out as soon as Luminess undid the cuffs. “Follow the wind and be on guard!” Luminess exclaimed as the young girl ran out of the castle and into the courtyard and mounds of snow. “Don’t you worry your highness. I received word by a friend that Aslan is on the move!” Luminess smiled with tears in her eyes. Her hope was finally on his way as she watched the girl disappear from her sight. “Aslan grant her the wisdom and courage to do what must be done.” she prayed and hurried into the castle again, leaving Edmund and Tumnus alone.
Last edited by narniannetty on Thu May 28, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kristi
Site Admin

Re: Redemption {Prologue} & Chapter 1

Post by kristi » Thu May 28, 2020 6:24 am

Intriguing. I have many questions.

1. I'm getting hints of Frozen meets Narnia here, which raises the question I've never seen answered: Why a 100 year winter? Charn never seems especially cold, so where does the affinity come from? It seems to be genetic. I want to know.

2. Where's the father? Or is Eirlynn stolen? But then she wouldn't have genetic ice magic...hmm.

3. Why did Jadis suddenly lock her daughter up? What changed?

4. Does Eirlyn know her mother is immortal? Does she really expect to ever inherit the throne? (Though Tolkien's Elves seem to have heirs, in a sense. Feanor certainly seemed to expect to be prioritized as firstborn.) So it's not mutually exclusive.

Tell me more.
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Thu May 28, 2020 2:43 pm

1.Those are really good questions! The 100 year winter could be reference to the (I think it was 1,000 years) of silence between the last book of the Old Testament of the Bible and the first book of the New Testament. During that time, there was a silence and they really didn't hear from God like they normally did. I was going to say it's nothing like frozen but then I really thought about it, now I really want to change things up. I don't like cliches. As for the genetics, I've came across sources that say the ice magic is genetic and even Jadis' sister had it, I'm not quite sure if it's genetic like I'm thinking or if it's more like they're prodigies.

2. Eirlys' father is explained in later chapters that are still in the process of being written.

3. The reason Jadis locked her up is actually going to be explained as well, remember, Edmund and Tumnus are still locked up and Luminess is with them. Also, the voice in Eirlys' head is part of why Jadis locked her up.

4. Eirlys knows her mother is immortal, and no, I don't think she expects to inherit the throne. (It might be explained as the story progresses)

Thank you for reading my story! I never really share my work but I found this site and thought it would be the perfect place for it. Do I post the following chapters as new topics or do I post them here?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Please continue to post your story in this thread. That way, it could be read as a whole later.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Thu May 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Thank you! Wait do I continue writing it as it is? Like keep editing and adding the chapters or do I write it as a reply?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Redemption

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri May 29, 2020 5:55 am

It’ll be better to add on to the story as replies. That way, any comments made on the way will clearly connect to the portions of story preceding them, and the reading will be broken into chunks easier to view and digest.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Fri May 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Thank you!
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Fri May 29, 2020 4:42 pm

(Another Author's Note: I haven't read LWW in about 9-10 years. I'm almost done with TMN and I'm sure when I start LWW, the characteristics of the Pevensie's will change. As of right now, the movies are the versions I remember so bare with me please and thanks for reading my story!)

Chapter Two
The Journey Begins

She ran as fast as she could, her goal being the light at the entrance of the castle but it was a goal shortly lived as a pack of wolves came out from behind her. “Listen princess, we don’t want to hurt you. Just listen to us and you’ll be fine.” Maugrim sneered at the young girl who slowly began stepping back as she remembered her ice magic. She seemed to have gotten a taste of bravery and smirked, “I’m your princess so you will listen to me!” She barked back. Maugrim and his pack let out a chuckle before one of the wolves jumped towards her and she extended her hand in panic which let out an icy blast from her fingertips, turning the grey wolf into a light blue statue of ice that shattered as soon as he hit the ground. Maugrim looked at her with wide eyes while other wolves were ready to attack. He went to attack her but she created an ice barrier which separated her from them, only Maugrim was in her way and he was ready to kill her. “We don’t need to do this Leez.” he replied in an almost sad tone. “Then let me go.” she replied confidently. “You know I can’t do that.” Maugrim sighed and got into an attack stance. Time was running out and he was stalling, Eirlys knew this and ran towards him and using her magic created pillars of solid blue ice to come out off the castle pavillion ground and managed to create a slide of ice to slide her through the air until she was out of castle grounds and far enough away for them to catch up to her. She knew they would try using her ice so as soon as her feet touched the snow she made her ice crumble away and ran with the letter tucked away into her boot. “Follow the wind.” she recalled Luminess telling her and followed the wind towards Ettinsmoor. “Alright feet, let’s go find Securas.” she encouraged herself and walked through the snow for what seemed forever. After a few hours of walking when she heard rushing water and froze in her tracks. “Impossible!” she thought to herself and followed the noise and saw the river thawing. She stood in awe of the sight and saw the beautiful lush green grass and flowers. She watched as the trees grew leaves and flowers. From a distance she could see three silhouettes but then she heard that voice again. A terrifyingly sweet voice, “Keep going! Ignore them.” he said. And she couldn’t help but obey the voice and follow the wind again, this time however, there were flower petals carried by the gust of wind that showed her the way through a forest.
“What’s a young girl like that doing in the Dark Wooded Forest?” said one. “I don’t know! Who is she?” asked the second with a shrug. “Maybe she’s lost?” asked the third as they glanced at each other. “Seraphina, Jared, follow her and I’ll go get the others for back up.” the first said. “Yes, Alaric!” the two said in unison and followed the girl from a distance while Alaric ran to get backup. “A peasant maybe?” Seraphina asked in curiosity as she examined the dark haired girls raggedy clothes. “This far away from a village?” Jared bantered as he watched the girl who looked a bit younger than he was. The two watched as flower petals flurried around the mysterious girl and guided her sharply left. “Hey wait for me!” she called out as she ran after the wind as if it were a person. Jared laughed to himself causing the older brown haired girl to elbow him in his shoulder. “Knock it off!” she whispered to him as she ran up ahead of him, her sights never leaving the younger dark haired girl ahead of her. Much to their surprise as they turned a corner they were met with shards of ice pointing at their necks. Their eyes grew wide. “The White Witch!” Seraphina exclaimed and drew her sword. “In the name of Aslan, stand down-” she began when she noticed it was the girl who had her hand extended towards thim, controlling the ice shards. The red haired male gulped and looked at the girl, “W-who are you exactly?” he asked in fear mingled with confusion. “That doesn’t matter.” Eirlys replied coldly. “It does if you’re using magic against Aslan’s!” he yelled back which made the young girl take a step back. “Please I don’t want to hurt you!” she exclaimed in panic but Seraphina stepped closer which led to Eirlys freezing their feet in place and running away, following the wind again for another mile before it dead ended at a cliff overlooking a different part of the river. The lavender colored petal floated towards the river and Eirlys shook her head. “I’m not jumping that’s suicidal!” she exclaimed as she heard an army behind her. “What do I do? An army behind me and a raging river below me.” she thought out loud and looked back to see the army shouting at her and she fell downwards as if she were pushed. She braced herself and in a panic, landed on a pad of ice which cut her arm and made her bite her lip too hard causing it to bleed. She laid on the ice block and tried to get up but passed unconscious. All she heard was someone yell , “She’s dead!” and everything went black.
“Quick get her up! We have to save her.” a black haired elderly woman with gray at her temples exclaimed as she motioned for a younger man to carry her. “Be careful! She may have broken something!” the woman stressed and the man laid her in the back of their wagon. While he helped the elder woman get in the wagon, she couldn’t help but notice the young child’s necklace. Her eyes widened and she gasped. “What is it grandmother?” the young man asked as he noticed the worry in her eyes as she sat by the child. “We’re running out of time.” was all she said. “Hurry to the citadel!” another voice exclaimed. “Miss Makino! Hurry!” the voice continued. “Well hop on then Alisadie, we’ve no time to lose. Why so worried?” Makino asked. “I’ve just received word, Aslan is on the move!” she cheered with such happiness that tears poured down her face and Makino, when she heard, her eyes became glossy from the tears of joy threatening to spill from the corners of them. “Philomena take us to the village quickly!” the one with hair so blue that it looked like the sky had poured itself onto him said. His was such a light shade of blue that it seemed a white tainted slightly sky blue. He pulled the reins of the grey speckled horse in front of him who was pulling the wooden wagon, “I’ll do my best Gaius!” Philomena replied in such haste she began running as soon as she could. “Which village?” she panted with all her might. “Farlow for now.” Gaius replied with a smirk.
The ride was going rather smoothly until Alisadie saw Eirlys’ necklace and gasped. “Gran look!” she pointed out in shock. “Yes, I know. She is of Securas’ Candellian lineage. We have to assure that she gets there safely.” Makino replied worriedly. “Yes we’ll have to but I heard Aslan’s army was nearby. Seeing as how they’re waiting for Aslan now and IF she is Candellian than we would have to turn her over to them.” Gaius reminded the two women behind him. “But she’s a child! She couldn’t possibly be like the Candellians! Besides, we don’t know the truth behind the matter.” Alisadie said in a defensive tone, obviously worried about the girl. “She’s right you know. Didn’t I raise you better?” Makino reprimanded the young man. “Yes, I know but we will still have to hand her over. Candellian’s are traitors to Narnia! They deserve to die!” Gaius snapped in bitterness. “Gaius! That was fourteen years ago! Forgive and let it die already. This child did no harm!” Alisadie sneered at Gaius that it was the exact opposite of her usually peaceful nature. Suddenly Philomena stopped and sent Gaius falling to the ground with a yelp of surprise. The two women laughed at the sight of Gaius on his back. “Get up Gaius. This girl is going to Securas and they will decide what to do with her there.” Philomena snarled at him with a huff and deathly glare. “You are no one to judge this child for what her people did. Let’s take her to the Haven and let Aldo see what he will do with her. Justice is not yours to take. Now let’s hurry before Jadis’ army find us.” she neighed and watched Gaius get up and dust himself off. “My apologies for wanting vengeance for what they did to my parents.” he mumbled and climbed back into the driver seat of the wagon. “Are we done complaining?” Philomena asked with a huff. “Y-yes.” Gaius sighed and Philomena started off again.

CHAPTER THREE
Trouble In Farlow

As they arrived in the village of Farlow, Philomena trotted to the medical tent and stopped. “Okay now everyone off and get that girl help.” Philomena panted and waited for them to get the young girl out and into the tent where the doctor looked at them in surprise. “What happened now? Did she fall off a tree?” the doctor asked as he helped Gaius lay the girl on the makeshift cot and noticed her bruises starting to form. “We don’t know. We just found her on a block of ice and she was already unconscious.” he replied as he remembered how they found her. “I see.” the doctor hummed as he checked for broken bones and any open wounds. “She appears to have a concussion but she’ll be fine. I’m Doctor Lewis by the way.” the tall man introduced himself with a welcoming smile. “Pleasure to meet you and that’s a relief to hear!” Gaius smiled. “Gaius, I’ll go get the supplies and we can leave for Securas tomorrow morning. Gran went to get us some food and Philo is getting some water and sugar cubes.” Alisadie informed the man before walking away to look for some fresh fruit in the market and some weaponry. She had a feeling they would need it eventually on their journey.
Suddenly Eirlys sprang up in the cot with a gasp and proceeded to hold her head in her hands with a groan. “Oh my head!” she exclaimed before falling out of the cot in shock. Wouldn’t you be scared too? One minute she was falling into the river and the next second wakes up in a strange place and had a killer migraine! “W-who are you men?!” she screamed in fright and confusion. “Relax, my friends and I saved you from the river and brought you here. He’s a doctor.” Gaius calmly informed the girl who was hiding by the corner of the tent. Her eyes grew wide as the men came closer and she panicked and sent ice shards rushing towards them and the men stood back. “Witch!” Gaius yelled out which alarmed the nearby villagers and Eirlys ran with tears in her eyes. Her lip trembled and her body was shaking, she wasn't used to being outside of the castle and things were going very badly, very quickly.
As she ran out of the tent she bumped into Makino, “Relax my dear, you’re safe.” Makino assured her as the men came out of the tent. “Grandmother get away from her! She’s a witch!” Gaius barked but Makino didn’t listen. “Gaius stop scaring her. She’s a child.” she replied and looked at the girl who seemed to be calming down. Eirlys wiped the tears from her eyes and sighed. “It’s okay dear. What’s your name?” she asked. “Um..I-It’s Eirlys.” she responded without thinking. At this the people around them gasped and were quick to draw their swords and daggers. “She’s the White Witch’s daughter!” one exclaimed as they began running towards her. Eirlys quickly froze her attackers which caused Gaius and Makino to panic. “Child it’s best you run!” she warned and Eirlys ran as more people followed and she froze them as well before running out of the gate and creating an ice gate to keep them from following her and she kept running without looking back. She was still disoriented and tripped a few times when she just happened to trip and land by someone’s feet. “Are you alright?” a blonde hair boy asked as he offered her a helping hand but she quickly fell onto her back and scooted away from the three children before her. She gulped heavily and slowly took his hand. “Are you alright?" one of the two girls asked. Eirlys stood up and brushed herself off of the grass. “I'm fine. Thanks but I have to be going!” she thanked them and continued on her way. “Where are you going? Aslan is this way!” the younger girl exclaimed and took her by the hand. She flinched away rather rudely, “I don’t like being touched.” she scolded. "Oh, sorry." the young one replied in a somewhat shaky tone. Eirlys turned on her heels to leave. “Are you sure you’ll be alright? I’m Lucy by the way.” the young one named Lucy smiled brightly. “Y-y-you’re Lucy?” Eirlys asked with a gulp. “Yes, how do you know me?” she asked in curiosity but Peter and the other girl were now suspicious. “Ask me again later!” Eirlys replied before running off and up a hill. “Well aren’t we going to catch her?” Lucy asked her elder brother. The older blonde shook his head, “It’s too dangerous. Something was off about her.” he replied and the three continued on their way to Aslan though Lucy herself was quite worried about the mystery girl they had just met.

Meanwhile all this was going on, Luminess stood in the dungeons with Edmund. "So she's not a servant?" Edmund asked in confusion. Luminess shook her head in dismay, "No, she isn't. Eirlys is Jadis' daughter." she sighed sadly. "I was right then, but why would she say that about her own daughter?" he asked again. "It's complicated. You see, Eirlys' father was a prince of a Narnian province. He fell in love with Jadis when he and his army tried attacking the castle. Jadis saw this and used him, she even married him. He was so blinded by her magic and his love for her, he didn't see the destruction of his home until it was far too late. He was completely distraught until one day, Aslan heard his cries and offered him a second chance to start again. Of course, he took it. He's in some far off land now." she explained. "But what about Eirlys?" the dark haired boy interrupted. "I didn't finish." Luminess began and raised a hand at Edmund as a sign to be patient. "Jadis knew he was leaving and she didn't even stop him. You see, she knew she was with child and also knew if she told Zavian, that was Eirlys' father's name, he would surely wait for her to give birth and steal the child away with him. So sadly, Eirlys was stuck here. Her father doesn't even know she exists. I see so much of him in her though. I'm afraid her hope is fading. I really hope she doesn't get into too much trouble. The poor thing has never set foot outside this castle, her mother forbade it." she finished sadly. "Well why was she locked up here then?" Edmund asked curiously. "You're full of questions aren't you?" Luminess chuckled. "That's actually an excellent question. You see, I raised Eirlys. I taught her of old Narnia and the prophecy. One day she asked Jadis if the stories about her being evil were true. Of course, she denied them. Sometime later, Eirlys just happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time and saw Jadis kill a Narnian. The girl was so shocked that she confronted her mother, yelling and asking why she would bring harm to anyone. Jadis slapped her and told her how out of line she was, although I think Eirlys was quite rude about it, Jadis did have a point but didn't' need to slap her. Eirlys then questioned again if the stories were true, this time, Jadis confirmed them. Eirlys was heartbroken to say the least. She finally discovered her family's true nature and her mother's lies. You see, Jadis always put on a show for her to make her believe she was good, she even spoke sweetly to her but this was enough to wake up the poor girl. Jadis was using her for her magic and didn't even care for her own child. That's why she spared my life. I was a caretaker for children but enough about me. Eirlys rose in rebellion and tried to kill her mother in her sleep but of course, failed. Jadis had her locked up immediately for treason and disowned her." the faun finally finished her story with a huff. "She did all that?" Edmund asked in surprise. "Yes, again, she has her father in her. Zavian was bold and brave, he would have made a good King had he not disclaimed his own throne." Luminess sighed and heard Jadis coming, "Child, I'll be back." she whispered to him and carefully ran as quietly as she could so Jadis couldn't hear.

“Where is she?!” Jadis yelled in anger towards Maugrim as he stepped back. “I don’t know! She froze my pack and left in a haste towards the Great River!” Maugrim countered defensively. “You must find her at once. As for Edmund...tie him up and bring him with us Ginarrbrik!” She barked as the dwarf ran to do as she said. “As for you, Maugrim, this is your last chance. Find the girl and Aslan’s camp!” she sneered as she turned around to leave, her coat flailing behind her dramatically. “We’ll have to make due with what we have. Redwood, Raven, Mjordyn, Orion, you’re coming with me. Redwood and Raven will look for Eirlys and Mjordyn, Orion, Baskus and I will go look for Aslan’s camp. You know the signal for when you find her. Now go!” Maugrim ordered the remainder of his pack as they headed off in the same direction before separating at the river with a howl.
“Redwood the smell stops here!” Raven shouted so her leader would be alarmed of the situation. “She probably jumped. Let’s go check below.” Redwood replied with a lazy sigh as the pair headed downstream to find the girl. “You go look across the river and I’ll look here.” Redwood ordered as he headed to the rocky shore of the river and sniffed the area. Raven on the other hand, swam across and sniffed the area. “Rookie you weren’t supposed to get wet!” Redwood scolded with an eye roll as he kept sniffing. “Anything over there?!” Raven shouted. “No, not yet! How about over there?” Redwood replied. “I can’t tell! I think I do but it’s very faint and mixed with other scents.” Raven said with a sneeze. Redwood quickly made his way across using rocks and branches. “Well pup let’s see what you got.” he chuckled and sniffed the area. Realization sunk in, “They’re headed to Farlow!” he mumbled. “Hey you’re not much older than I am!” she growled. “Let’s just go.” he said and began running full speed to Farlow with Raven trailing behind him.

She was terrified, she had nowhere to go, no one to turn to and she was in a strange land. She had never set foot outside the castle courtyard and here she was, wandering through a forest while following the wind and flower petals. She had spent all day running and hiding, evening was now at hand and she had to find a place for the night. She now had the Narnian army and her mother’s army chasing after her and she knew if Aslan was real, and at this point she had a feeling he was in fact real, he would surely kill her. She was so young that she was so scared of being found by anyone and soon anxiety crept into her mind and made her anxious for everything. She kept to herself and hid in a cave, where she fell asleep and spent the night there before the wind began again and she ran to follow it. She was weak and hadn’t eaten in a few days now, she was terrified to go out so she stayed by the wind, her only friend. “Wait!” She yelled out and stopped to take a breather. She could see walls in a distance and was so weak she hoped she would make it. After a few minutes, she ran again with the wind and once she reached the gates, the wind disappeared and she felt completely alone.
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:11 pm

Here's the link to the story on FF. I started posting it there. The link was approved by Ariel Of Narnia. Click at your own risk, fan fiction . net is not affiliated with TLC.
Also the story name has been changed to Conflict
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13637185
narniannetty

Re: Conflict Within

Post by narniannetty » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:27 am

Story name changed again. It's set this time. Conflict Within. Chapter 6 is up!

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”