The Lone Islands: A Narnia Story

Fan Fiction inspired by The Chronicles

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

The Lone Islands: A Narnia Story

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:00 am

[You may recall that in The Last Battle, Jewel speaks of King Gale delivering the Lone Islands from a dragon, and was given the Lone Islands as a permanent part of Narnia. But have you thought of the actual story? Here is another attempted fanfic about how the Lone Islands came to be a part of Narnia. I do not own any of the canon characters or right to the songs; I only own my OC's. Hope you enjoy learning about the Lone Islands.]

Prologue

Beyond the Eastern Horizon, as the sun was rising, stars began to sing a song-

Stars:
Far over the Lone Islands rise
Leave us standing upon the height
What was before we see once more
Is our kingdom a distant light

Fiery mountain beneath a moon
The words unspoken, we'll be there soon
For home a song that echoes on
And all who find us will know the tune

Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven't seen the back of us yet
We'll fight as long as we live
All eyes on the hidden door
To the Lone Islands borne
We'll ride in the gathering storm
Until we get our long forgotten gold

We lay under the Misty cold
In slumbers deep, and dreams of gold
We must awake, our lives to make
And in the darkness a torch we hold

From long ago when lanterns burned
Until this day our hearts have yearned
A fate unknown, the Narnia stone
What was stolen must be returned
We must awake at break of day
To find our song for heart and soul

Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven't seen the end of it yet
We'll fight as long as we live
All eyes on the hidden door
To the Narnia borne
We'll ride in the gathering storm
Till we get our long forgotten gold

Between Tower and Cair Paravel

Tirian led the way, followed behind by Eustace and Poggin then Puzzle. Then Jill and Jewel were walking side by side. She had quite fallen in love with the unicorn. She thought he was the most gentle creature she ever met. He was so soft at speech that you hardly notice how fierce he could be in battle.

"How nice is this", said Jill, "I mean, just to be walking along like this. It's a shame that there is so much happening in Narnia."

"Well, you're quite mistaken", said Jewel, "You sons of Adam and daughters of Eve have always showed up from your strange land, only times when Narnia was stirred up and upset. But you must know it wasn't always like that. In between your visits, there were times of peace and valiant kings and beautiful queens. Oh, who can remember the names or count their numbers?"

"Oh, please, tell us about them."

"I remember that when I was a dragon", said Eustace, "Reepicheep the Mouse told me of how a dragon was terrorizing the Lone Islands. Perhaps, Jewel, you know that story?"

"Oh, King Gale and the dragon", said Jewel, "Why, yes. I know that story."

Then Jewel began the tale of King Gale and the Dragon, and it was all shown in a flashback.

The Lone Islands

The Lone Islands was a three Island nation on the Eastern Ocean. The names of the Islands were Felimath, Avra, and Doorn. Doorn was the most inhabited by humans of Narnia. The name of the city in Doorn was Narrowhaven. It was a vast city, with people going in and out. One day, there was a fierce wind coming from the North west. It was heading East, to the Islands. Jewel related to the tale as he sung in V.O-

Jewel (VO):

For great kings and beautiful queens
There was a gleam in the forest greens
On silver and gold necklaces they strung
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung

The trees were roaring on the heights
The wind was moaning in the dark of night
The fire was red, its flame spread
The trees were like torches, blazed with light

The bells were ringing in the Lone Islands dale
Men and women looked up with faces pale
The dragon's ire was more fierce than fire
Laid low their towers and houses frail

During the song, there was a flashback shown of what was happening. A dragon has come to the Lone Islands. It started to breath fire on the town of Narrowhaven at once.

"A dragon!", cried a man.

"Sound the alarm!", cried a boy.

Then the bell in the Town of Narrowhaven was sounded and some of them blew long horns to call for more soldiers. Many brave men tried to fight the dragon but to no avail. Towers and houses burned. There was even panic in the town.

Narnia

10 years earlier

For a time, Narnia was at peace. The kingdom was established by the lion Aslan Himself, who appointed a cabby named Frank and his wife Helen as the first king and queen of Narnia. They've had many children and great-grand children who followed as kings and queens. One of the later kings, Frank V, had two sons. One, named Col, became the first King of Archenland, establishing the Kingdom of Archenland. Sometime later, there were outlaws in Archenland who crossed the great desert, and settled in a new country called Calormen.

At Cair Paravel, a castle in Narnia, there lived a king, Olin. He was 8th in descent from Frank I and Helen. His wife was a beautiful queen named Nadina, and they had a son named Gale. He was to be the next king after his father. Each day, Olin gave Gale all sorts of advise on kingship once he has taken over.

Olin was holding a council meeting with Prince Gale, Zoggin the dwarf, Cloudwit the Centaur and other courtiers. They were discussing on the matter of a powerful sorceress, Jadis, who was growing stronger in dark magic in the North.

"As long as the Tree of Protection stands", said King Olin, "She will not come down to Narnia."

"But how long will that last, Father?", asked Gale, "I mean the Tree of Protection could perish any moment."

"When you are king, my son, it will be your duty to help flourish the Tree of Protection to keep Jadis out of Narnia."

There was so much to be done. Help flourish the Tree of Protection and how to deal with diplomatic relations with other countries. Gale had so much to learn about being king of Narnia.

Tashbaan

Olin and Gale were taking a diplomatic trip to Tashbaan, Calormen. It was to teach him to make peace with Calormen and how to deal with their relationship. Soon, they arrived in Tashbaan, and were welcomed by the grand vizier. They were staying at a guest house, close by the Tisroc's palace. The next day, they visited the Tisroc's courts.

"So, what brings you here?", asked the Tisroc.

"I am teaching my son on dealing with our relationship with Calormen", said King Olin, "He is to be the next king."

"Ah, yes, of course. And you, young prince, how will you deal with Calormen?"

"Tashbaan is a beautiful city", said Prince Gale, "From what I understand, it is a lot to be a king."

"You have a lot of responsibility as a prince and one day as a king, my son", said King Olin.

"Yes, father", then Gale turned to the Tisroc, "So how many visitors have there been from Narnia?"

"Oh, quite a few", said the Tisroc, "You barbarians are cursed, but you strike to me as quite a young man."

Gale knew he would have to take responsibility as a king one day. He would also have to deal with diplomatic relations with Calormen. And it would be a lot. While in Tashbaan, Olin and Gale drank some masala spice chai. It was delicious and spicy, though not anything like Narnian tea. They even attended dinner parties that the Tisroc was throwing as honored guests. Many tarkaans and tarkheenas attended, and were marveled at the fair king and prince of the North.

"How long will you be here?", asked the Tisroc.

"For a while", said King Olin, "Then we have a ship that was take us back to Narnia."

"If it is alright", said Gale, "May we explore the city while we're here?"

"Oh, yes, of course, your highness", said the Tisroc, "In fact, you're welcome to visit Calormen anytime."

"Why, thank you."

Gale looked on the city. During Olin and Gale's stay in Calormen, Gale was able to learn more about the country and its culture. However, his heart cut like a dagger when he discovered that Calormen lived in a culture of slavery and arranged marriages. What else? Human sacrifices were offered to a god called Tash. Now he was able to learn about how to deal with Calormen and its culture. Once he became king, it was important that Narnia and Calormen be at peace with one another. After being in Calormen for a while, Olin and Gale made it back to Narnia.

"Song of the Lonely Mountain" from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey @Howard Shore and Neil Finn, all rights reserved and "Far Over The Misty Mountains Cold" from The Hobbit @JRR Tolkien, all rights reserved.]
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Re: The Lone Islands: A Narnia Story

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:53 am

[The first chapter. Hope you enjoy]

Chapter One

Narnia

King Olin and Prince Gale had come home from Tashbaan, Calormen. Queen Nadina greeted her husband and son upon their arrival. Whey they arrived, King Olin showed Prince Gale around the kingdom of Narnia.

"Soon, this will all be yours, my son", said King Olin.

"Narnia is so vast", said Gale.

"Yes. See the woods to the west and the great Eastern Ocean? My father have taught me the same I am teaching you. You are to serve Aslan, the Lion, and rule the land with justice and peace. You are to govern and treat the Talking Beasts as our own kind."

"Aslan gave them the ability of speech."

"Very good remembering. It is also your duty to help keep the Tree of Protection alive to keep Jadis out. At one point, the tree will die and she will come down to Narnia."

"But what good will come out of Jadis, who is pure evil?"

"There's no knowing how long she'll be there. But she is growing stronger in dark magic. Rule your subjects well, my son."

King Olin continued to teach Gale of all that was in Narnia. Queen Nadina taught him as well. She even advise him to find a good wife who will be a loving queen and have the same devotion to Aslan.

"I'm sure you will find a suitable woman to court when the time comes", said Queen Nadina.

"I'm sure I will, Mother", said Gale, "Perhaps the right one will come along. Is it possible for me to choose a wife?"

"That might be out of the question", said King Olin.

"What if I love someone?"

Woods

One day, Gale decided to explore the woods. It was not on a hunting trip he was on. He just wanted to check things out in the woods. He asked his parents for permission.

"I suppose it's alright, son", said King Olin.

"As long as Cloudwit and Zoggin go with you", said Queen Nadina.

Gale was not all too happy with it. He had to be accompanied by the king's major domos Cloudwit and Zoggin. They went to the woods, and Gale looked around.

"This lad will be our king one day", said Cloudwit.

"And he will take advice from us as well, like we've been giving advice to his father", said Zoggin.

"Does a king really need to rule with advice?", asked Gale.

"He cannot act on his own", said Zoggin.

They explored the woods more. As Gale looked on, he was anticipating the day when Narnia will be his as king.

Gale:
I'm gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware

Zoggin and Cloudwit:
Well I've never seen a king with quite so little hair

Gale:
I'm gonna be the main event like no king was before
I'm brushing up on looking down, I'm working on my throne

Zoggin and Cloudwit:
Thus far a rather uninspiring thing

Gale:
Oh, I just cant wait to be king

Zoggin and Cloudwit:
You've rather a long way to go young master, if you think

Gale:
No one saying do this

Zoggin and Cloudwit:
Now when I said that

Gale:
No one saying be there
No one saying stop that
No one saying see here

Zoggin and Cloudwit:
Now see here

Gale:
Free to run around all day
Well, that's definitely out
Free to do it all my way

Zoggin and Cloudwit:
I think its time that you and I arranged a heart to heart

Gale:
Kings don't need advice from dwarf and centaur for a start

Zoggin and Cloudwit:
If this is where the monarchy is headed count me out
Out of service, out of Narnia
I wouldn't hang about
This child is getting wildly out of wing

Gale:
Oh, I just can't wait to be king

Everybody look left
Everybody look right
Everywhere you look I'm
Standing in the spotlight

Zoggin and Cloudwit:
Not yet

Narnians:
Let every creature goes for broke and sing
Let's hear it in the herd and on the wing
It's gonna be King Gale's finest fling

Gale and Narnians:

["I Just Can't Wait To Be King" from The Lion King @Elton John and Tim Rice, all rights reserved.]
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:17 am

[Sorry I haven't posted anything on here lately. Hopefully you enjoy the second chapter.]

Chapter Two

Narnia

Gale was looking out the window in his castle bedroom. Some years have passed he had grown into quite a young man. And how long would it be until he was king of Narnia.

"Do not forget all that I have taught you, my son", said King Olin.

"Yes, father", said Gale.

Gale had a look on his face. He would be able to do it? He realized that being king would be a huge responsibility. He would also need to protect his people from invading enemies, possibly from the North.

"There is Someone who will be able to help", said King Olin, "Aslan."

"The Great Lion", said Gale.

Gale looked on, and he called out, "Aslan! I am not sure if I will be able to take this kingship when my father is gone. But I will need your guidance and wisdom for it."

Gale realized he wouldn't be able to run the kingdom on his own. Then it occurred to him that Zoggin the Dwarf and Cloudwit the Centaur would be able to help him. He trained in sword fighting under Cloudwit, as well on how to use a bow.

"I must say", said Zoggin to Cloudwit, "His highness has trained well."

"He sure has", said Cloudwit.

Meanwhile, King Olin had called in Cloudwit and Zoggin for another council meeting. They gathered together at in the chambers, and discussed the matter of things.

"Sire", said Cloudwit, "You may well know that a sorceress, Jadis, is growing stronger in dark magic in the North."

"Oh yes, and she will only get stronger as time comes", said King Olin, "Aslan has told my eight times great grandfather, King Frank I, that Jadis will one day return. However, the Tree of Protection that a boy planted is still standing. As long as it's standing, Jadis will not be heading towards Narnia anytime soon."

"But how long will that last?", asked a faun.

"I do not know. We are under the protection of Aslan as of now."

"We have you now", said Zoggin, "And of course, when Gale takes up the kingship.."

"He will need all the help from Aslan and he will need yours as well."

"We will do what we can", said Cloudwit.

The council was dismissed. Gale realized that Jadis will only grow stronger in Dark Magic in the North. And there was no knowing how long the Tree of Protection will be standing. He would continued to ask Aslan for advice on being king, and how protect Narnia from possible invasion from an evil sorceress.
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:22 am

[A third chapter. You might say this one is kind of Christmasy)

Chapter Three

Cair Paravel

Some years have passed in Narnia, and it was the winter season. It was almost time for Christmas, which meant that there was to be a gala at the castle. King Olin was getting ready to make a guest list.

"You know we have guests from all over, your majesty", said Zoggin, "Who do you plan to invite?"

"Well, the King of Archenland and his family, the King of Terenbithia, the Duke of Galma, the King of the Seven Isles, the Tisroc of Calormen. There's also the Governor of the Lone Islands.

"Quite a list there", said Cloudwit the Centaur, "And what about food?"

"Ah yes. I'm sure that the palace cooks will take care of that. We're thinking plum pudding, plump goose, suckling pig, candied fruits, spiced cakes."

"Ah."

Meanwhile, Gale was helping with decorating the tree that was in the great hall. During that time, they received a visit from Sir Gavelz from the Seven Isles, and he brought his daughter with him. There was a man who was in charge of decorating the castle for Christmas. During that time, Sir Galvez's daughter was helping out with the Christmas decorations.

"Thank you for all your help your highness", said the man in charge of the Christmas decorations.

"Why thank you Sir", said Gale, "And you, you must be visiting from the Seven Isles"

"Why yes, I am", said the young woman, who was strikingly beautiful, "My father and I are visiting. Are you the crown prince of Narnia?"

"Yes. His royal Highness Prince Gale. And you are?"

"Carlotta."

And Gale took Carlotta's hands and kissed it, which made her blush. During their time of decorating the Christmas tree in the great hall, they had so much to talk and they got to know one another.

"I want to see how my son, the prince and future king is doing", said King Olin, "Oh, who is your friend?"

"Father, you know Sir Gavelz from the Seven Isles?", asked Gale.

"Yes, of course. He and his family are attending the Christmas Gala."

"This is his daughter, Carlotta. This is my father, Olin, King of Narnia."

"A pleasure to meet you, your majesty", Carlotta curtsied.

"And to you as well", said King Olin, "I take that Gale has told you all about Narnia."

"Oh, he told me so much. I've learned a lot when I was a little girl in the Seven Isles. But now I have seen it myself."

"Well, you and your family are welcome to visit any time."

"And with your permission, father", said Gale, "May I visit the Seven Isles?"

"Well, I don't think you'll need any permission when you are king, my son."

"Olin, darling, where are you?", said Queen Nadina, coming in, and saw that the tree was being decorated, "Oh, thank you so much for decorating the tree."

"Well, I had a couple of help", said the castle decorator.

"Mother, may I introduce you to Carlotta from the Seven Isles?", asked Gale, "Carlotta, this is my mother, Queen Nadina."

"Oh, well, sounds like Gale has made a new friend", said Queen Nadina.

"Thank you, your majesty", said Carlotta, "Perhaps you know my father, Sir Gavelz."

"And he's attending the Gala, isn't he? I guess I never realized that his daughter would be helping to decorate the tree."

"Well, your majesties, how does it look?", asked the castle decorator.

"The most beautiful tree we've had", said King Olin.

It was time for the gala. King Olin and Queen Nadina were dressed in beautiful red and green clothing with gold and silver trim. Gale was dressed in a red and green trouser, tunic, coat, and cap. There was a lot of people who had come as well as Talking Beasts and Creatures. There was an abundance of food at the table. As people were arriving, they sang a song-

All:
Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la la la la!
'Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la la la la!
Don we now our gay apparel,
Fa la la la la la la la!
Troll the ancient Yuletide carol,
Fa la la la la la la la!

See the blazing yule before us,
Fa la la la la la la la!
Strike the harp and join the chorus,
Fa la la la la la la la!
Follow me in merry measure,
Fa la la la la la la la!
While I tell of Yuletide treasure,
Fa la la la la la la la!

Fast away the old year passes,
Fa la la la la la la la!
Hail the new, ye lads and lasses,
Fa la la la la la la la!
Sing we joyous all together!
Fa la la la la la la la!
Heedless of the wind and weather,
Fa la la la la la la la!

As soon as guest arrived, King Olin decided to address the them, and he made a speech.

"I like to thank you all for coming to our annual Christmas gala", said King Olin, "Christmas is a special time of year, and Queen Nadina and I are grateful that we can do this again. I've been told that our son, Prince Gale, helped out with decorating the tree in the Great Hall. I appreciate his time and dedication, even as a prince. Now, let us thank Aslan for letting us to gather here. Please, enjoy the gala."

The guests mingled around at the ball. There was music and dancing and laughter. There was also abundance of food of suckling pig, plump roast goose, plum pudding, spiced chai, hot cocoa, candied fruit, spice cakes. The gala lasted for hours. During that time, King Olin handed out each guest a gift. Then he gave one to Gale. He opened it.

"It's a pendant", said Gale.

"It's not just any pendant", said King Olin, "It's the royal family crest. It was mine and my father and my grandfather. Now I pass it on to you."

"Thank you, Father."

Soon, they looked out and it was snowing again. Gale remembered the day when he was a little boy, he would be playing out in the snow. Other kids came to play with him as well. Oh, what good old days they were. At the gala, he saw Carlotta in a beautiful red and green dress with silver lining. There was more dancing going on.

"Carlotta, may I have this dance?", asked Gale, bowing.

"Yes, you may, your highness", said Carlotta.

"Please, call me Gale."

Gale and Carlotta danced on the dance floor. It was a lovely dance. Sir Gavelz looked at them from a table, while he and his wife were getting some food.

"Our daughter dancing with the Prince of Narnia", said Gavelz.

"Sir Gavelz", said King Olin, "She and Gale actually helped decorate the tree."

"Is that so?", asked Dame Dorinda.

After the gala, Gale and Carlotta took a stroll in the great hall and talked some more. He asked her how long will she be staying. She explained that she and her family will be heading back to the Seven Isles soon. He told her that he had fun spending time with her.
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:44 am

[I haven't updated in a while but here is another chapter]

Chapter Four

Castle Garden

Some years have passed. King Olin was now very old and frail. He was being taken good care of by the castle nurses and doctors. Soon, it would mean that Gale was to be crowned the next king. And it could be any day now. Meanwhile, Gale was out in the castle garden, where he often liked to take a stroll. Then he saw that Carlotta had come for a visit from the Seven Isles. He decided to take her on a stroll.

"So how long will it be until you are king?", asked Carlotta.

"It's hard to say", said Gale, "But my father is very old. He may be at the end real soon."

"So what will you do when you are king?"

"My father has told me about how Narnia will one day be mine. I must serve my country under the guidance of Aslan."

"I think you will make a great king one day."

"Perhaps, I will."

"Your highness", said Zoggin, "Your father wishes to speak with you. He is at his last hour."

"Is he alright?", asked Gale.

"You must come with me."

"I must go see my father, Carlotta", said Gale, "I think he is at his last hour."

"I'm sorry", said Carlotta, and she gave him a hug.

Cair Paravel

Zoggin and Gale went Olin's bed chambers. Olin was losing color, and he looked weak. His breathing was shallow as well. Nadina was standing close by his bed.

"Your father is at the end", said Nadina.

"My son, come closer", said Olin in a weak voice.

Gale came foreward, and stood by Olin's bed side. He was on the bridge of tears, but knew that this was it.

"Yes, father", said Gale.

"My son, the time has come", said Olin, "You must never forget all that I've taught you. Now Narnia's fate lies in your hands. You must rule it with justice, love, and dignity, under the guidance of Aslan."

"Father"...

"Now Narnia will look to you! Aslan bless you, my son!"

Soon after, Olin's head fall to his bed. He had lost his coloring. They felt for his pulse, but there wasn't any. This meant that King Olin has died. Queen Nadina put her arms around Gale as they mourned his death. Later that day, Zoggin went to address the courtiers and made the announcement.

"Our beloved king, Olin has died", said Zoggin, "Any day now, the coronation of our new king, Gale, will take place. He will be good to us, like his father was."

The courtiers mourned the death of King Olin. They buried him, and held a funeral for him at the castle. Many have gathered around from all over. It was attended by man and beasts both.

"Olin was a wonderful king, good to all of his people and creatures in Narnia", said Cloudwit, "His death is such a great loss. He will be well remembered and loved, and we commend his soul to Aslan in His Country."

"I'm so sorry Gale", said Carlotta, holding back tears, giving Gale a hug.

"Thank you, Carlotta", said Gale, hugging her back, "I'm so glad you came here. I know how close he was to your father."

"Your father was a great king", said Sir Gavelz, "Now Narnia will look to you."

"I know my son will be a great king, as his father was", said Queen Nadina.

Gale decided to take a stroll. Soon, he would be king, and his coronation would take place.
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:29 am

[A fifth chapter]

Chapter 5

Lone Islands

The news of King Olin's death reached the Lone Islands as well. There, they took a moment of silence and said a prayer to Aslan for Gale and the future of Narnia.

Cair Paravel

About a month has passed since King Olin's death, and Gale's coronation hasn't yet taken place. However, before it did, Gale would be asking Aslan for wisdom and advice. Aslan suddenly appeared to him.

"My son", said Aslan.

"Aslan", said Gale, "How?"

"Come with me. I want to show you something."

Then Aslan took Gale as he was in a dream or a vision. The first thing they saw was the Tree of Protection, which was still flourishing."

"The Tree of Protection", said Gale.

"It has been there since the time of your 10xs great grandparents, King Frank I and Queen Helen. It was planted by a boy who came from a different world.."

"To keep Jadis out of Narnia."

"Your kingship takes place real soon, and some more kings or queens will follow after you. However, look at what will happen."

Then Aslan showed Gale that the Tree of Protection had died. Then there was a raging war coming from the North to Narnia. Then there was Jadis, who made herself queen of Narnia.

"But how?', asked Gale, "What good will come of Jadis who is purely evil?"

"Make no mistake, my son", said Aslan, "Jadis will return from the North when the Tree of Protection dies. There is more to see."

Then Aslan took Gale to Cair Paravel. However, it all looked so different. Then Aslan showed Gale four thrones.

"Four thrones?", asked Gale.

"Four children will come from another world, and they will help put an end to Jadis's reign", said Aslan, "They will sit on those four thrones- two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve. Now, let us return home."

Aslan took Gale back to his home in Cair Paravel as it was now.

"Now after all that you've seen of what is to come", said Aslan, "Please, listen to the words of the prophecy and write them down. It shall be passed on from generation to generation."

Gale got out a piece of paper, and wrote down the prophecy as Aslan spoke:
When Adam's flesh and Adam's bones
Sits in Cair Paravel in throne
The evil time will be over and done

"All that you've shown me", said Gale.

"Be well, my son", said Aslan, "Reign your subjects wisely with mercy and justice."

Then next thing, Aslan left. Gale could not believe what he just saw. However, he figured it once that Aslan was showing him the future of Narnia. Soon after, Zoggin decided to have a talk with him.

"Your father was a great king", said Zoggin, "And I trust you will be too."

"Yes, he taught me a lot of things", said Gale.

Anvard

Archenland had been close allies with Narnia since it was established by Col I. There had been great kings and queens ever since. One day, the King of Archenland, Darrin was reading a letter.

"King Olin of Narnia has died", said Darrin to Queen Lilia, "We have receive invitation for the coronation of Gale, the next king of Narnia."

"It must be wonderful for him to become King, who will serve Aslan and rule Narnia with wisdom and justice", said Lilia.

"Yes. Perhaps we shall leave for Narnia first thing tomorrow and shall greet him."

Cair Paravel Garden

Gale was walking in the gardens, thinking of all the responsibility he will have to take as king. He also thought on all that Aslan had showed him. While there, he ran into Carlotta.

"Gale, what is it?", asked Carlotta.

"Carlotta, there's something I need to tell you", said Gale, "Aslan showed me what is to happen in the future of Narnia."

Then proceeded to tell her how Aslan showed him the Tree of Protection dying and Jadis making herself queen. Gale even told Carlotta of how Aslan showed him four thrones at Cair Paravel.

"Jadis, the sorceress from the North", said Carlotta, "I've heard of her evilness when I was a little girl."

"Yes, and Aslan showed me how she will make her self Queen of Narnia one day", said Gale, "He even showed me that four children will come from another world and sit on four thrones at Cair Paravel."
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:21 am

[Let's just say it's getting exciting]

Chapter Six

Cair Paravel

Cair Paravel would soon be filled with guests bustling in as it was the day of the coronation. The halls were decorated with the finest garlands and tapestries. The cooks were in the kitchen, cooking up for the feast. The servants made sure that the halls and Great Halls were clean. In the meantime, Gale was looking at the window from his bedroom window.

"It's the big day today, your highness", said Zoggin, "You nervous?"

"A little", said Gale, "Zoggin may I speak with you?"

"Yes, of course."

"You've served under my father and I trust you will continue to serve under me. At times I feel like I don't know anything about running a country."

"A king at a young age. You have your advisors to help you- Cloudwit the Centaur and myself. And there are countless of others."

"Oh yes. And even Aslan Himself. Have you heard what has been going on the North? Is the sorceress, Jadis, getting powerful?"

"Oh yes, she is. But she can't come down to Narnia, at least not yet. The Tree of Protection still flourishes. I also came to tell you that as king, it is your duty to take care of the Tree of Protection to help keep Jadis out of Narnia."

"There's a lot ahead of me."

"Thank you for telling me. Well, you better get ready. Guests will be arriving soon."

The Lone Islands

Citizens of the Lone Islands set sail for Cair Paravel. It was the big event: the coronation of the new King of Narnia.

"I wonder if the new king will be like his father", said a woman.

Soon, they arrived at Cair Paravel, and set ashore there. They looked around at the peninsula, and the castle was beautiful. They were impressed that it was filled with splendor and decorated for the big event.

Cair Paravel

Guests were arriving at Cair Paravel. Nobles and peasants alike were invited. Even ambassadors from Calormen attended as well. There was even music of trumpets, drums, tambourines. It was also filled with children playing around. Soon, Aslan Himself appeared before the crowd. They knelt before Him.

"Friends", said Aslan, "We have come together for the coronation of Narnia's new king, Gale, Son of Olin, Son of Frank VI, Son of Frank V. Now he may stepped forward."

Soon, Gale himself appeared. He was wearing a royal outfit and cloak. Many bowed and curtsied as he entered down the aisle to the Throne. A crown and scepter was laid on a cushion for him.

"Gale", said Aslan, "Are you willing to take this oath?"

"Yes, I am", said Gale.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of Narnia, the Seven Isles, Galma, the Great Western Woods, and of your Possessions and the other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?"

"Yes, I will."

"Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?"

"I will."

"Will you lead your subjects in the ways of Aslan and the Great Emperor over the Sea as long your reign prosper?"

"I will."

Gale stepped forward and made his oath, "The things which I have here before promised, I will perform and keep. So help me, Aslan."

"Ladies and gentlemen", said Aslan, "Talking beasts and creatures of Narnia, I give to you Gale, King of Narnia."

A crown was place on Gale's head and a scepter was place in his arm. There was a trumpet flourish and the crowd cheered.

"Long live the king!", they shouted.

Soon, there was a choir of stars, dryads, and naiads that sang the following-

Stars, Dryads, and Naiads:
Aslan save our gracious king
Long live our noble king
Aslan save the king
Send him victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
Aslan save the king

Gale made a speech, promising he was govern Narnia well, and how it will be his duty to help take care of the Tree of Protection as long as it stands. After the speech, he sang an oath-

Gale:
Out of the Great Eastern Sea
To Narnia I come
In this place I'll abide
And my heirs
Unto the ending of the world

Soon after, there was feasting with venison, peacocks, turkeys, pheasants, various fruits, vegetables, salads, wines, jellies, ices, cakes. Soon after there was even dancing.

"May I have this dance?", Gale asked Carlotta, bowing.

"Why, yes, your majesty", said Carlotta, who curtsied.

Gale and Carlotta danced a waltz. Zoggin could see there was something going on between them, since they have interacted with one another quite a bit.

"So how does it feel now that you are king?", asked Carlotta, after they danced.

"There's still a lot of ahead", answered Gale.

The celebration lasted for hours. There was music and dancing, and children were playing around as well. Soon, it was midnight, and most everyone had gone home. Gale retreated to his new bedroom, where a king would sleep. It had been his father's room before. Now it was his. He changed to his night clothes, said his prayers to Aslan, and climbed into his bed. He had a long day, and drifted to sleep.

[God Save the King/Queen by Thomas Arne, @1747, all rights reserved and Elandil's Oath from Return of the King @Jrr Tolkien, all rights observed.]
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:35 am

[Gale has been king for quite a while. Now he's facing a lot of pressure.]

Chapter Seven

Cair Paravel

Gale had been king of Narnia for a while. Yet, he still didn't have a queen. Most likely, he would marry a princess or noblewoman from Archenland or Terenbithia or Galma or the Seven Isles.

"Your majesty", said Carlotta.

"Carlotta", said Gale, "What brings you here?"

"I've told my father that I liked to stay in Narnia. He said that he would have liked me to come home to the Seven Isles. But I was old enough to make my own decision. He understood."

"And I'm glad you did."

Have you find yourself a queen?"

"I have not. Most likely I will marry a princess or noblewoman, perhaps one who is beautiful as you."

"But wouldn't you be the one to decide whom you marry?"

"It's a lot more complicated than you think."

Carlotta looked on and realized that Gale may be right, in a way. She was starting to have feelings for him. He was doing the same for her as well. Yet, it was getting complicated as well. He was a king, and she was a noble woman from the Seven Isles. Then they sang as they thought on this-

Gale:
I have dreamed that arms are lovely,
I have dreamed what a joy you'll be.
I have dreamed every word you whisper.
When you're close, Close to me.
How you look in the glow of evening
I have dreamed and enjoyed the view.

In these dreams I've loved you so
That by now I think I know
What it's like to be loved by you,
I will love being loved by you.

Carlotta:
Alone and awake I've looked at the stars,
The same that smile on you;
And time and again I've thought all the things
That you were thinking too.

I have dreamed that arms are lovely,
I have dreamed what a joy you'll be.
I have dreamed every word you whisper.
When you're close, Close to me.
How you look in the glow of evening
I have dreamed and enjoyed the view.

Gale and Carlotta:
In these dreams I've loved you so
That by now I think I know
What it's like to be loved by you,
I will love being loved by you.

Gale and Carlotta embraced one another and shared a kiss. They broke away soon after. Next thing, Zoggin came into the room.

"Sire", said Zoggin, "Carlotta."

"I should go", said Carlotta.

"Can't you stay?", asked Gale.

"I'm sure Zoggin has word with you."

Gale shrugged and kissed Carlotta on the cheek. She left with a smile on her face. Gale and Zoggin decided to have a talk.

"So it seems like you have feelings for noble woman from the Seven Isles, Sire", said Zoggin.

"I care about her", said Gale.

"Yet, now there is the matter of you finding a queen for Narnia. There are many noble women out there here in Narnia or even in Archenland or the Seven Isles or Terenbithia or Galma."

"But whoever I marry, should that be my decision?"

"You are right in a way. But something may have to be arranged. Your father was a great king."

"Yes, he was."

The Lone Islands

In the Lone Islands, things were as normal. The citizens were glad that Gale had become King. Yet, one thing missing was a queen. And how long would it be until he found one?

"I did hear that the new King of Narnia has been spending his time with the noble woman from the Seven Isles", said a woman.

"You mean, Carlotta, Sir Gavelz's daughter", said another woman, who was the on the board of governors there.

"Do you think there is something going on between them?", said another board of governor.

"Oh, I think there is. Will Carlotta be Narnia's queen."

The board of governors of the Lone Islands were talking of how Gale would find a queen soon. Would it be possible that Carlotta would be queen? It was too early to tell anyhow.

["I Have Dreamed" from The King and I, @Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, all rights reserved]
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:59 am

[Another chapter awaits]

Chapter Eight

The Bight of Calormen

Gale was on the Bight of Calormen on a ship, on his diplomatic trip to Tashbaan, in Calormen. He was to be a honored guest in the courts of the Tisroc. He left Zoggin in charge of Cair Paravel while he was away.

"Sire", said the captain of the ship.

"Yes sir", said Gale.

"It's been smooth sailing, though the wind has been fierce in the last couple of days."

"Before too long, we'll reach the shores of Tashbaan."

"What do suppose the Tisroc will expect from us?"

"Well, you are the king. I'm sure you've learned how to deal with diplomatic relations during your boyhood."

"Yes. My father and I have visited Tashbaan when I was still a boy. He taught me how to have peace with Calormen. And as you know, I have no intentions to make war with them."

"You don't think it would come down to that, do you?"

"Of course not."

Tisroc's Chambers

The Tisroc gathered up the grand vizier and princes together. He was expecting King Gale of Narnia to arrive any day now. He was hoping that he would negotiate with him as well.

"Soon, the barbarian king will be arriving", said the Tisroc.

"You don't expect to declare war on Narnia, do you, O Tisroc (may you live forever)", asked the grand vizier.

"Oh, no. I've abhorred the idea. I'm sure that this barbarian king is a sensible one, like his father in a way."

Tashbaan

The city of Tashbaan was busy with the bustling of people going in and out. The market places were selling sweetmeats, silk, and jewelry. Then there was a sound of a flourish fanfare.

"Make way for the barbarian king", said a crier.

Then at once, King Gale had arrived at Tashbaan. He was greeted by many in Tashbaan. He was being lead to his chambers where he was to stay while there.

"Here you are, Sire", said the Calormene imperial servant, "Your room is upstairs."

"Thank you", said Gale.

Gale thought he would check out the market places first. He stopped at the sweetmeat shops. He purchased some chocolate hazelnuts and some fruit truffle. Then he went to where jewelry was being sailed. He saw a beautiful necklace, and decided to purchase that. He decided to bring it back as a gift to Carlotta. Then he went back to his guest chambers. He was to spend a week or so in Tashbaan, and negotiate with the Tisroc.

Tisroc's Courts

Two days later...

Gale arrived in the courts of the Tisroc as a guest to a dinner that he was hosting. The Tisroc gladly welcome him and led him to the dining area. Many were there, from the grand vizier, to the Tarkaans and Tarkheenas.

"Please welcome our guest of honor", said the Tisroc, "The barbarian king, Gale of Narnia."

Gale greeted each noble there, and he was seated at the right hand of the Tisroc at dinner. The meal was served, and everyone there was enjoying it.

"I've been hoping to negotiate with you, O Tisroc", said Gale (he had no intention to say "may you live forever", being a free Narnian).

"Oh yes", said the Tisroc, "Of course."

After the meal was done, the Tisroc and Gale went to his chambers to have an negotiation.

"So you plan to expand your empire", said Gale.

"Oh yes. We've been looking beyond the Wild Woods of the West in your country. What do you know that?"

"Well, it's uninhibited. No man or beast live there. I think the name of it is Telmar."

"Telmar? So you suggest we should expand our empire there?"

"Well, I'm not one to suggest anything. Though I do not wish to declare war with your country."

"Neither do I, barbarian king. Perhaps, if we made a deal, if Telmar is ours, we will not have war with one another."

"I suppose it is settled."

After awhile, Gale retreated to the guest chambers. He had a lot on his mind: Now Calormen want to expand their empire to as far as the Western part of Narnia.
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:18 am

[Another chapter awaits]

Chapter Nine

Cair Paravel

Gale returned to Cair Paravel after spending some time on his diplomatic trip in Tashbaan. He was quite glad that neither he nor the Tisroc had any desire to declare war on one another. When he returned to Narnia, he was greatly welcomed by friends and subjects.

"Good to have you home, Sire", said Zoggin.

"Thank you, Zoggin", said Gale.

"Ah, Sire, you're home", said Cloudwit, "Tell us of your time in Tashbaan."

"The Tisroc wants to expand his empire", said Gale, "He's been looking as far as the Telmar, which is beyond the Western Wild."

"But no man or beast has lived there."

"I know. If Calormenes were to go that far, so maybe they shall. We don't want to declare war with Calormen."

"Will you go?", asked Zoggin.

"Yes. Besides the Tarkaan from Calormen, I will ask noblemen from other countries (a lord from Archenland, the Duke of Galma, a lord from Terenbithia, the Duke of the Seven Isles) to accompany me as well. They will each represent their own land, including myself representing Narnia."

"There's so much for our land", said Cloudwit, "Jadis has been growing stronger in her dark magic. It's your duty to take care of the Tree of Protection."

"The Lord Olvin from Archenland, Ischar Tarkaan from Calormen, Lord Callaher of Terenbithia, Amari, the Duke of Galma, and Filister, the Duke of the Seven Isles."

"You must do what you can to protect our land from something terrible", said Zoggin,

Streets in Narnia

Gale went out for a stroll in the streets. Soon, he ran into Carlotta. He embraced her and kissed her on the cheek.

"It's good to have you home", said Carlotta, "You must tell me of your diplomatic trip."

"Oh, there's so much to tell", said Gale, "Calormen wants to expand their empire... to Telmar that is. Oh, I've brought something for you from Tashbaan."

Gale presented Carlotta with a gift that he had purchased from the market in Tashbaan. It was the necklace. He put it around her neck, and she thanked him.

"So you still haven't found yourself a queen?", asked Carlotta

"No, I haven't", said Gale, "Though I would like to make you my queen."

"What is it?"

"Carlotta, will you marry me?"

"Why, yes, I will."

They embraced one another and shared a kiss.

"Well, I am to go to the Lone Islands for investigation. I am to be accompanied by noblemen each from their own land, Lord Olvin from Archenland, Ischar Tarkaan from Calormen, Lord Callaher of Terenbithia, Amari, the Duke of Galma, and Filister, the Duke of the Seven Isles."

"And when will you be back?"

"I do not know. The dragon could attack the Lone Islands again. Oh, I've brought something for you from Tashbaan."

Gale presented Carlotta with a gift that he had purchased from the market in Tashbaan. It was the necklace. He put it around her neck, and she thanked him.

"So you still haven't found yourself a queen?", asked Carlotta

"No, I haven't", said Gale, "Though I would like to make you my queen."

"What is it?"

"Carlotta, will you marry me?"

"Why, yes, I will."

They embraced one another and shared a kiss.

Cair Paravel

Gale went back to Cair Paravel. Now he was quite glad that he found himself a queen. Then about a year has passed. Calormen expanded their empire to Telmar.

"Have you heard?", asked Cloudwit, "Aslan turned the Calormenes in Telmar to dumb beasts for their wicked behavior."

"Is that so?", asked Gale.

"There is something else", said Zoggin, "There's been news of a dragon terrorizing the Lone Islands. They ask for you to come to the Lone Islands."

"Well, I will ask noblemen each from their own land to accompany me: Lord Alvin from Archenland, Ischar Tarkaan from Calormen, Lord Callaher of Terenbithia, Amari, the Duke of Galma, and Filister, the Duke of the Seven Isles."

"Then the blessings of Aslan be upon you", said Cloudwit.

"Zoggin, I need a favor", said Gale.

"Yes, Sire", said Zoggin.

"While I am away at the Lone Islands, I leave you in charge of Cair Paravel. You are to look after it while I am away. Also, you might as well know that I've asked Carlotta to marry me."

"The noble woman from the Seven Isles?"

"Why yes. Anyhow, I need for you to look after her until I come back."

"I am happy for you, Sire. But who knows when you will be back?"

"That's why I need you to look after her. Please, do this for me. When I come back, we plan to get married."

"I'll do it for you, Sire. I'll be sure she'll be safe. Please, be safe, Sire!"

Gale reassure Zoggin that he will. First, he was to make a trip to Archenland and visit Lord Alvin. They would go together to Calormen, and meet with Ischar Tarkaan. Then they would sail for the Island of Galma and meet with Amari, the Duke of Galma. Then they would sail on to the Island Terenbithia and meet with Lord Callaher. Then they would sail on to the Seven Isles and meet with Filister, the Duke of the Seven Isles. Then they would all sail on to the Lone Islands.
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Narnian Fan Fiction”