Châtelaine of Cair Paravel

Four children stumble through a wardrobe into a world in need of their help

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Re: Châtelaine of Cair Paravel

Post by Lily of Archenland » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:25 am

It must have made quite a picture indeed, Swanwhite.

While the Witch herself might not have been able to enter the Cair, do you think she ever would have sent bespelled Narnians to do what she couldn't? Was there a protection magic over the thrones themselves to prevent them being destroyed? Would her servants ever have tried to loot other treasures of the Cair, if they couldn't touch the prophetic part of it?
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:07 pm

I rather fancy that neither her nor her servants had any power over it.
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Swanwhite wrote:I rather fancy that neither her nor her servants had any power over it.
That's a good idea, Swanwhite.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:37 am

@ Swanwhite: That's what I always thought, too. :) Jadis doesn't come across as the kind of person who would overlook an easy chance to destroy a thing like Cair Paravel.
For me it came down to two options: either she had no power against or over it, or else the fact that Aslan isn't to be trifled with and she knew that His power was greater than hers. But I supposed that she might have given it a try (because why not) and failed, because that seemed pretty in-character.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)

Return to “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”