Succession?

Four children stumble through a wardrobe into a world in need of their help

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Shield Maiden
Knight

Re: Succession?

Post by Shield Maiden » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Peridan being a Lone Islander, never thought of that. It seems more likely that humans emigrated to Narnia after Jadis died.
Team Cap. Sig made by Ariel.
hansgeorg
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by hansgeorg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Sure, but Lone Islands was not "Narnia" before the time of King Peter. Or if it had been, it had to be reconquered.

"The Lone Islands were originally settled by the descendants of King Frank I and Queen Helen during the Age of Conquest. In the early fourth century, a dragon began to terrorize the inhabitants. King Gale of Narnia, ninth in descent from Frank I, delivered the islands by slaying the dragon in 302. In return, the grateful islanders made him their emperor. Gale appointed a governor of the islands to be his representative. The islands remained under Narnian rule through the reign of Jadis (whose titles included Empress of the Lone Islands), and they may have experienced her endless winter like Narnia." (Source: WikiNarnia)

I thought they had not, and I confused King Peter with King Gale apparently.
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:38 pm

I wouldn't hold wikiNarnia as a reliable source.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:50 pm

There's not a great deal that anyone knows about the Lone Islands. Even the characters seem not to know much at all.

' "I've never understood why they belong to Narnia," said Caspian. "Did Peter the High King conquer them?"
"Oh, no," said Edmund. "They were Narnian before our time--in the days of the White Witch."
(By the way, I have never yet heard how these remote islands became attached to the crown of Narnia; if I ever do, and if the story is at all interesting, I may put it in some other book.) '
VODT, Chapter 3

(I would include the bit that mentions King Gale, but my mind went blank and I can't even remember which book the reference is in. :roll: )
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:29 am

It's in LB, when Jewel is telling Jill about the history of Narnia, right?
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Yes, it is.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”