HHB worldbuilding questions/comments thread

To Narnia and the North!

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

hansgeorg
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: HHB worldbuilding questions/comments thread

Post by hansgeorg » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:12 pm

"people-shaped pillars from" (either G or R)

NOT gods. The karyatides (if they were female) were punished with such a task.

If it were a question of gods other than Tash, weren't there other temples in Tashbaan, with that of Tash just the biggest?

A girl training to be priestess of Zardeena (Sardine-ah - CSL had humour), I think temple of Tash would be inappropriate.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: HHB worldbuilding questions/comments thread

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:49 am

I know that the pillars I saw were not of gods. I just meant that I got the idea from them.

I don't recall mention of other temples in Tashbaan, but that certainly doesn't mean there can't be more (perhaps especially in the lower levels for the lower-class people, as we do know that the wealthier parts of Tashbaan were significantly less crowded).

I hadn't thought of priestesses of Zardeena! Not sure why, because it'd only make sense. But yeah, I agree that priestesses of Zardeena would be elsewhere.

My thought with the minor deities in the temple of Tash is kind of along the lines of, "they're there if you want to pray to them while you're at it, but this is the house of Tash and as such he's obviously your priority."
On that note, I guess this means I need to rethink my "dedicating children to the service of specific minor gods" idea when it comes to the temple of Tash.... Thanks for that, hans! I wouldn't have thought of that without having talked that idea out, haha.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “The Horse and His Boy”