Your own guard tower

Further up and further in!

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Swanwhite
Site Admin

Your own guard tower

Post by Swanwhite » Tue May 03, 2016 12:15 am

If you had your own guard tower set up somewhere like Tirian's, what would it be like and what supplies would you keep there?
Lil
Site Admin

Re: Your own guard tower

Post by Lil » Mon May 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Probably food and weapons. And maybe some blankets and stuff. A history of Narnia so I wouldn't ever forget what had happened and could remind Narnians.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:38 am

Definitely food, weapons, and other essentials. A well inside the tower, I think, would also be good, in the event one can't leave to fetch water. Books (including blank ones for record-keeping) and maybe an instrument or two, to help pass the time, should that be a luxury.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:37 pm

Food for sure. And Ariel's idea of a well was brilliant, so I'll take one. I'll also include armour and weapons, and extra clothes, boots, and blankets. And definitely books for times of peace when guarding would otherwise be a rather dull chore.
I would probably design it with three levels: a storeroom and armoury on the lowest level, bunks and a table and chairs (in other words the living space) on the second, and a very open room with more windows than walls on the top. In this top room I'd also keep supplies for some sort of signal light and probably a horn for calling for help.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:20 pm

Well, the main thing would be that I'd want to make my guard tower convenient for other Narnians, so I'd probably have bunks of different sizes and maybe some wooden boxes up off the floor for the squirrels, perches for the birds, and maybe a semi-stable on the lowest level so the centaurs, horses, unicorns, and donkeys wouldn't be stuck outside. After making it accessible to all those Narnians, though, I think the only room I'd have left would be for short food rations and a few weapons.
I don't think Tirian's tower was that large, more of a place where you could retreat and the enemies couldn't just walk in when you're trying to rest.
It would also be good if there were some bandages and medical supplies.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a

Return to “The Last Battle”