The Last Battle in film

Likes, dislikes, discussions and speculation for the future

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Crusader
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

The Last Battle in film

Post by Crusader » Sun May 11, 2014 3:23 am

Wouldn't a film adaption be exiting? So cool. This is my favorite of the series. Imagine an ape, a confused king, a loyal unicorn, and two bold children, not to mention Aslan's Country itself.
elanorelle
Contributor

Re: The Last Battle in film

Post by elanorelle » Sun May 11, 2014 3:40 am

It would be very exciting and also a little sad if it does end up being the last of the Narnia movies (which I personally think it should). Hopefully we'll all be able to see it made into a film. If Silver Chair does well, I'm sure we will.

The only thing that will bother me is putting Aslan's Country on screen. Since it is supposed to be heaven I don't know how it will work. Still, it would be interesting to see how the film makers would interpret it.

(By the way, welcome to TLC. :D I know I've seen another post of yours on the boards. You can always introduce yourself here if you wish)
Crusader

Post by Crusader » Sun May 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Thank it says locked though.
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:26 am

@Crusader: Just go to the link that Elanorelle gave you and then start a new thread to introduce yourself. If that doesn't work, you can talk to one of the staffies about it. :mrgreen:
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed May 14, 2014 8:13 pm

I share Elanor's concern that Aslan's Country (aka Heaven) would be a challenge. Of course, I hope all seven chronicles will be made into films, so if an LB is made, it's pretty much a challenge that must be accepted (since the story's not complete without it).
I wonder where they'd start an LB film, though. Unlike the rest of the chronicles, minus HHB, LB is first and foremost in a Narnian's perspective. So do we start with Tirian and give him a PC-like intro? Or do we stick with the book and start with Shift and Puzzle (the downside of that being that we'd start the story with rather tertiary characters)? Or do we start with the Friends of Narnia and depend on flashbacks to tell the first part of the story?
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Sat May 17, 2014 3:15 am

Always and I are reading the Last Battle right now and I agree that it would be pretty awesome to see on film! (Of course I've read it before, it's just fresh in my mind right now.) Though I'd be afraid what they'd do with it. Tirian is an awesome character and I wouldn't want him (or the story!) ruined.
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
SYorickson
Knight

Post by SYorickson » Sun May 18, 2014 4:48 am

Great discussion topic, Crusader!

I actually think starting with the friends of Narnia would be a good idea, sort of pulling together all the other books before launching into the conclusion of the series.

Here's something I have never been able to decide on when I have thought about Narnia movie ideas: Would you keep the part about Susan losing faith in Narnia, or would you leave that out and have her be one of the friends of Narnia?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun May 18, 2014 6:02 am

I would keep it. Besides the fact that I like to keep things canon, Lewis wrote in one of his letters that her story goes on and doesn't end where everybody else's does. Not to mention that it may cause some people in the audience to ask some spiritual questions.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Crusader

Post by Crusader » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Some good thoughts certainly.
Esprit
Knight

Post by Esprit » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:04 pm

I have this mental image of how I would want a film adaption of LB to end:
The Friends of Narnia (and those who are with them) file into the garden; Lucy is the last of the line. The camera perspective is always from outside the garden gate. One can see her lift her face and look all around her in wonder, her awe and happiness growing. Then she turns back to the gate, gives the audience her most excited smile and gently closes the gate. The screen goes dark. A moment, and then the credits roll.

I imagine Lucy closing that gate as being reminiscent of that moment when she halfway closes the wardrobe door in the LWW film. Also, the camera perspective never going inside the garden-- sort of a Pilgrim's Progress-ending, where the audience knows the inside is gorgeous beyond imagining but cannot go in themselves yet.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ―Victor Hugo

Return to “The Walden Media Films”