The Last Battle in film

Likes, dislikes, discussions and speculation for the future

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: The Last Battle in film

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:58 am

I know people are into shipping these days, even more so than about 20 or 30 years ago. I am not so much. I might ship a cc and oc or two oc's here now and then, but not two cc's.

Plus, I think they would be forced to age Jill and Eustace up, which I'm sure we don't want either.

But I guess to a point. there's still a chance that someone will actually stick to the story. It would actually be nice if they did. Now if they have to make some changes to make it work for a movie, I understand that. There are some things in the book that probably wouldn't work for a movie.

I would also say that I don't want a line similar to the one in SC: "Oh those Southern princes or Tarkaans or rulers or whatever have always meant for the same thing, but in every age, they have their own way of getting it." It would sound too cheesy and too obvious.

One thing that they better not mess with is Emeth meeting with Aslan. I like to feel the fear and awe that Emeth feels when he meets Aslan face to face.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:05 am

What if an LB movie actually showed a flashback of the HHB, given that both stories feature Calormenes? There could be a flashback where Rabadash is leading his Calormenes to Anvard and is unsuccessful. And Rishda could be like, "Well, Rabadash the peacemaker may have been unsuccessful, but now, it's my turn to take Narnia!" Then he leads his Calormene army to Narnia.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:15 am

There is no story reason to include that. Just because two stories feature Calormenes does not mean they even reasonably tie into each other.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:24 pm

I'm not suggesting anything, of course. It's just a thought. If it happens, I'll take it back.

Return to “The Walden Media Films”