*doesn't remember a dragon*
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: BBC serial

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue May 03, 2016 3:33 am

When Jill and Eustace are travelling with Puddleglum before they reach Ettinsmoor they come upon a dragon in their path, and it's shooting fireballs. Eustace goes up and whispers in its ear and it flies away. Then he comes back to the others and Jill (I think) says, "How did you do that?" and Eustace replies, "I know a thing or two about dragons."
I thought it was interesting, though it felt like they were trying a little bit too hard to drag in a joke from VODT at the expense of the canon.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 03, 2016 3:46 am

Oh. How do I not remember that? I'd have to agree with you. It doesn't fit and that being in more ways than one....
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
thuiven
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by thuiven » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:27 pm

hobbit_of_narnia wrote:
Tue May 03, 2016 3:33 am
When Jill and Eustace are travelling with Puddleglum before they reach Ettinsmoor they come upon a dragon in their path, and it's shooting fireballs. Eustace goes up and whispers in its ear and it flies away. Then he comes back to the others and Jill (I think) says, "How did you do that?" and Eustace replies, "I know a thing or two about dragons."
I thought it was interesting, though it felt like they were book of ra little bit too hard to drag in a joke from VODT at the expense of the canon.
Yeah, it was very interesting.
jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:41 pm

I own all of the BBC Series of Narnia on DVD. They're not great, but still enjoyable to watch. The visual effects were not as well-developed as they are today. I think it was the 90's when movies started using a lot of CGI. It has come along way.

The dialogue is good, though they do sound random at times. For instance, in The Silver Chair, there's a moment where Puddleglum, Eustace, and Jill see a dragon as they're walking through Ettinsmoor. Puddlgelum says, "Maybe if we keep quiet, he'll go away." It just sounds random there. It almost makes me think of a line from Dr. Grant in Jurassic Park, "Keep absolutely still. Its vision is based on movement." Okay, he was talking about the T-Rex that was coming out of the fence, but I see there's some similarities between those lines. Either way, it was basically saying, "Keep quiet, don't move! It will go away if you're quiet!" They both sound random. I mean, how can a T-Rex or a dragon know that you're moving and sees you? It almost doesn't make sense.

Return to “The BBC and other videos”