GIFs using ezgif.com

Do you know how to work a graphics creating or photo editing program? Want to show others how to do all sorts of cool things on them? Share your knowledge here!

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

GIFs using ezgif.com

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:14 pm

Sooo I'm going to make a sort of dumb Eustace sig out of a GIF. I'm going to want to make it the right size, recolor it a little, and add some text.

This is the homepage at ezgif.com.

RESIZING
Now I'm on the the resize page, which I got to by clicking the GIF Resize tab along the top of the homepage. I'm going to click "Browse" and find the picture on my computer. Once I've found it I'll click "Upload!"
So now my picture is uploaded. It's going to be 500 wide, and it will automatically resize the rest once I click "Resize it!"
Here's the result. I'll save it to my computer and continue to the next step.

CROPPING
I loaded my resized picture. Here I've typed in the size I want (500x160) and dragged the little box to were I want it. Now I'll click "Crop it!"
Here we go. Again I'll save it to my computer.

FILTERING
Here's the "Effects" toolbar. First I'm going to do my color filter, which will give the picture an interesting color effect.
I'm choosing the "Toaster" filter, as you can see down at the bottom.
I've applied the filter now, and I'll save the picture to my computer.

ADDING TEXT
Now, on that same "Effects" toolbar, I'm going to find "Add Text". I'll put in a bunch of question marks along the bottom of the sig, since Eustace looks really curious in the picture.
Applied, and once again I'll save it to the computer.

FINISHED RESULT
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
narniac101
Contributor

Re: GIFs using ezgif.com

Post by narniac101 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Ahh!! Great job, Hobbit!! :D Huhu! I think we'll probably have a lot more GIF siggies around here now.... ;)
Thank you, Hobbit!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Quite possibly. :)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Question: Could you specify what size my gif needs to be to fit properly into the sig? And what size the av is supposed to be?

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Signatures are 160x500

As written in these guidelines. :)

Return to “Tutorials”