What readest thou?

A place to discuss what you're reading, your favourite authors and books etc. Everything from the Classics to Shakespeare and Non-Narnian Fantasy works.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

Lucy Took
Site Admin

Re: What readest thou?

Post by Lucy Took » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:57 pm

If you made it through Silm so fast I would recommend The Lays of Beleriand, it has a lot of the content of the Silm, but in poetry form.

Roverandom is adorable too.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Reading Ranger's Apprentice. IS AWESOME

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 am

I think all my friends have read Ranger's Apprentice! And I have no idea what they're talking about. :P Kind of like how everybody has seen Princess Bride and I'm here like, "Ummmm..." :lol:
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:52 am

Okay you MUST read Ranger's Apprentice!!!! XD I LOVE it and I have only read 5 of 12 books. Warning, mild language. Clean, very funny, and very exciting.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
silver_fountain

Post by silver_fountain » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm

What's it about?
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:30 am

Ranger's Apprentice is one of those things I know I'd like but never got around to reading.

What I'm really posting about here is the fact that the Princess Bride is on Netflix and it's a must watch.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:52 am

That's what I've heard. My older sister has seen it, but I haven't. Apparently you're not truly a homeschooler until you've seen it. :P

On another note, has anyone read the Song of Albion trilogy by Stephen Lawhead? I'm partway through the first book, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know if it's worth going on before I do so. I mean, I'm loving it so far, but still I'm curious as to what the rest of it may be like.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:59 am

I know Kristi is familiar with it, Hobbit; can't remember if anyone else is.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:41 am

Ranger's Apprentice is about a Ranger's apprentice, quite literally. It is the stories of a young boy who becomes a hero, almost partially be accident, but mostly because of his sharp quick thinking and his amazing fighting skills as a ranger. XD Then it is about his friends and etc. people he deals with and such after the first five books. And it is all AWESOME.

Hobbit: I read a Stephen R. Lawhead series, and I can say that he does tend to draw things out a bit. I haven't read Song of Albion though. His works in general are definitely adult level.

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:28 am

"Adult" because of the difficulty level or "adult" because of the content? The first isn't a problem whatsoever, the second is.

Return to “The Library (non-Narnian Literature)”