What readest thou?

A place to discuss what you're reading, your favourite authors and books etc. Everything from the Classics to Shakespeare and Non-Narnian Fantasy works.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Re: What readest thou?

Postby hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:36 am

I accidentally saw the R version of that movie. I was kind of shocked. :lol: I didn't know it was based off a book, though. That's pretty cool.
vv Lyrics from "Brothers Under the Sun" vv
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. ;)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Postby Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:55 am

The book that I'm reading came out after the film, so, no, not based on that particular book. From what I understand, though, the elements seen in the film came from a number of biographies and letters and other personal paraphernalia, etc..
knight and scribe
from Tauren Wells' "Hills and Valleys"
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Postby anunknownpevensie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:24 pm

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles are a MUST. As good as Middle Earth and Narnia, but in a different way. Very classic writing. High quality stories.

Also going through the Percy Jackson related series. Like Heros of Olympus, Gods of Asgard, Kane Chronicles, Trials of Apollo. If you don't mind cheap, exciting, and very funny writing and LOTS of mythology, you might like them all.

Looking to work at a bookstore, so as to have more chance to strengthen my collection of books with some Swallows and Amazons and Ranger's Apprentice.
~Another Blurryface

*starts playing Lovely by twenty øne piløts*
Just a little encouragement for you all
And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.

Return to “The Library (non-Narnian Literature)”