What readest thou?

A place to discuss what you're reading, your favourite authors and books etc. Everything from the Classics to Shakespeare and Non-Narnian Fantasy works.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: What readest thou?

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:41 pm

You definitely should, Hobbit! :D

*snickers* Yuuuup. If it makes you feel any better, Tolkien also wrote another story (not Middle-earth-based) that is like Children of Hurin but worse. Don't remember the title, but it's out there. :P
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:06 pm

I only know of three of Tolkien's stories that aren't Middle-Earth-based, and I've read two and a half of them. :lol:
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 pm

LOL It is different than most writings, is it not? @Hobbit

OKay so I think I have read all but ONE or two books of the Redwall series now, which helps a lot for the teen summer reading programme at the library. :D There are some 20 books I think. All the Ranger's Apprentice are amazing, but I recently read a prequel book "Ranger's Apprentice Early Years" and I am currently reading a sequel series "The Brotherband Chronicles" which is a VERY good read.
And my mum is finally letting me read the Percy Jackson series! Yay..... I think. XD

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:08 pm

@Pev: Yeeeah... :P
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:25 am

Okay recently read "Bloodline" from the new Star Wars cannon and it was good though a little sad at the end.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:25 am

@knightofnarnia: Ooh, cool! I'm not part of the Star Wars fandom, but still, that's awesome. :mrgreen:

I binge-read "Children of Húrin" in two nights about a week ago (I had to take a break when Beleg died because in my opinion that was the most tragic part of the entire tragic book) and...yeah. I loved it, but I hated it. It has a lot more detail than the Silm version of the story (though not, for the most part, as much as "The Lay of the Children of Húrin") so that was really cool. But seriously, everybody died. Ow. It wasn't even amusing that everyone died, like it was with Hamlet. It was just depressing, through and through.
All that being said, I'll probably read it again once I've gotten over this initial shock. :roll:
......*sigh* *is done ranting* *maybe*
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:41 pm

@Knight of Narnia: Oooh, I wanna read that says some point!

@Hobbit: *nodnod* Exactly how I feel about that book.

My local Christian bookstore had a sale on C.S. Lewis books, so I bought several. On Other Worlds is the only one I've (almost) finished so far.

Also read Heir to the Empire from SW Legends a while back...finished the sequel, Dark Force Rising, this morning, and will start on the third one (The Last Command, I think?) tonight.
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:58 am

@hobbit: We warned you. :P

Just finished "Fer-de-lance" by Rex Stout. Warning for mild language that crops up often enough, brief mention of infidelity, and brief description of an unpleasant murder scene. Other than that, quite a good mystery.
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm

What do you all think of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles?

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:09 am

@Pev: Never heard of them.

Started reading The King's Speech, which, though bearing the title of the film (warning: rated R for strong language), is basically a biography of Lionel Logue (aka, the king's speech therapist). It's not in narrative form, so I'm not in a rush to finish it, but it's been good so far.
knight and scribe

Return to “The Library (non-Narnian Literature)”