Two Short Stories (LOTR)

Wrote an awesome piece of fan fiction or have an idea for one? If it's not Narnian related, post it here!

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

elanorelle
Contributor

Two Short Stories (LOTR)

Post by elanorelle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Two very short fluffy stories concerning one particular hobbit and his daughter:

You Can Be Brave

“Dad close the book. I don't want to hear any more. It's too scary!” a small voice cried from under the bed covers.

“Alright, alright,” another voice answered with a chuckle.

“It's not funny,” the little voice squeaked, muffled a bit by the blankets.

“Alright Elanor, I closed the book. See?” little Elanor pulled the covers down so that her tiny eyes could see if her father was telling the truth. When she saw that he was she pulled them further down and sat up.

“Daddy?” she asked quietly.

“Yes?” he answered and rose from his chair.

“Is it bad to be scared?” she looked down and twirled her curls with her fingers. Elanor felt the bed move as her father sat down, the book in his lap.

“Of course not dear,” he smiled and stroked her hair. Then placing a finger under her chin he raised her face so she would look at him.

“I was scared more oftener than I could possibly count,” he said, but she looked as if she didn't believe him, “Honest,” he added in a low voice and took her small hand in his own.

“But you seemed so brave in the story,” she replied with awe in her eyes.

“Well maybe I was, but I certainly didn't feel it,” he laughed softly, “I felt that it was more of a responsibility and a duty than anything else. I had to do whatever task I was given whether I liked it or no. And even then, I was afraid. But I suppose it's alright to be frightened and still be considered courageous. For even the best of heroes can be scared to death and still be brave.”

“Just like you!” Elanor exclaimed loudly and wrapped her arms around his neck. A smile crossed his face, he never felt that he was any great hero, just a simple gardener. He did not know what to say.

“Everyone's asleep,” was all he could manage and he motioned her to lower her voice.

“Oh I forgot,” she giggled and sat back down.

“I think it's time for you to be sleeping too,” he whispered, “I'm sure Mother Rose would be quite upset if she knew I let you stay up so late.”

At that Elanor scrambled to get under the blankets as if her mother was going to open the door at any second. She laid her head back on her pillow and looked as if she wanted to ask something.

“What is it Elanorellë?”

“Can you read me the story tomorrow?”she asked, and her eyes looked longingly at her father.

“I thought you said you were scared,” he said.

“Well I was- I mean I am,”she mumbled, then spoke in a louder whisper, “But I think I can be brave.”

“I'm sure you can,” he leaned in to kiss her brow. After tucking her in he put out the candle that was by her bedside and made his way quietly to the door.

“I love you,”she said as her father began to turn the door handle.

“I love you too,” he smiled as he saw her eyes close and stole out of the room with the book under his arm.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
True Tales Never End:

“The end,” a voice said and the sound of a book closing followed soon afterward. There was a silence, save the fire crackling and the sound of rustling blankets. Then a small voice spoke up.

“Is that really the end?”

“Why would you ask that Elanor?”

“Well it seems as if there should be more,”she answered softly, and sank back into her pillow.

“That's because there is,” he said quietly.

“There's more!”she gasped and jumped out of bed rushing to where her father sat, half-expecting he would tell her the rest of the story then and there.

“Yes of course there's more,” he laughed and moved the book out of his lap so that she could sit upon his knee, “There's always more. That's the thing with real stories they never truly come to an end. Even though what I have just read to you is now over, we still have our parts to play in this Story.”

Lil
Site Admin

Re: Two Short Stories (LOTR)

Post by Lil » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Awww! How Sweet! I love this! Sam and Elenor are WIN!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Thank you Lil! I just love Sam and Elanor. :D
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Elanor, that is so sweet! I love how you used "Tales never end." And Elanorelle was so adorable! You captured, methinks, the attitude of a little child in her. I loved how you had her climb under the covers like she expected her mum to come in! And she was so giggly. You captured her very well :)

Very well done, Elanor!
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
smaug
Knight

Post by smaug » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Nice :D
Smaug, raccoon of TLC
cor
Knight

Post by cor » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:00 am

*grins at the feels* I love it.........That is all I can say and I hope you understand with those few words how much I loved it. You are so good so good! :D
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:40 am

Thank you very much Smaug and Cor!

Return to “Non Narnian Fan Fiction”