Superbook: Treasures In Heaven

Wrote an awesome piece of fan fiction or have an idea for one? If it's not Narnian related, post it here!

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Superbook: Treasures In Heaven

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:21 am

[Since there hasn't been any new Superbook episodes lately, I thought I would write my own. This is one is kind of a mash-up (between Superbook and Animated Stories From The New Testament). I do not own the characters. I only own my OC's. Hope you enjoy).

Chapter 1

(intro)

It was a solemn day in the land of Israel. At a vineyard, servants waited outside of the home of Gideon, who was the owner. Meanwhile, inside the house, he spoke briefly with the steward. Though he could hardly talk. A servant girl who had been hired to care for him gave the steward a look.

"Alexis, how is he?", asked the steward.

"I'm afraid this is it", said Alexis.

"Alexis", said Gideon, "I want to thank you for caring for me during my last days. You served me well during your time as one of our servants. I even thought of you as a daughter when you first came."

"And you have been like family. I would like to continue to be one of the servants, if that is possible."

"I'm sure both my sons will appreciate it. In speaking of, could you send for them? I would like to have my last words with them."

"Yes, of course."

Then Alexis and the steward left. Alexis went to look for Gideon's two sons, Sahara and Thomas while the steward went outside to the other servants.

"Master Sahara, Master Thomas", said Alexis.

"Alexis, beautiful as always", said Sahara, taking her hand and kissed it.

"Alexis", said Thomas, who also took her hand and kissed it, "How is father?"

"He is near his last breath", said Alexis, "He wishes to speak with you."

Alexis lead Sahara and Thomas to where Gideon was. Once they were both in, she stepped outside to give them privacy. She joined the steward and the rest of the servants.

"I'm afraid he's at the end", said the steward.

The servants bowed and are about to pay their respect to their master. In the bedroom, Gideon was in his bed, and was near his last breath.

"The time has come", said Gideon in his dying face, "Sahara, as my oldest son, you are in charge of the vineyard now! But remember, half of it belongs to Thomas! So you two must work together."

"Yes, father", said Sahara.

Thomas was in tears, giving Gideon a hug. Though he reassured him that they would meet again one day. After awhile, there was a funeral procession, where professional mourners came to pay their last respect.

(Superbook Theme)

Present Day

Chris Quantum was looking through his storage closet where he kept his halo-nine games. However, he noticed there wasn't any room in there. Gizmo, a red robot, went to see what it was all about.

"Chris, check out the latest halo nine games", said Gizmo.

"Yes, Gizmo", said Chris, "Though there is a problem. I don't have room in the storage."

"That is a problem. Perhaps you should build a bigger one."

"I don't think that's possible."

In the meantime, Joy Pepper came over to see what was happening.

"Hey Chris, Gizmo", said Joy, "What is going on?"

"I don't have any room to store all my halo-nine games", said Chris, "Man. Ever since we became Christians, who knew it would be this hard to have so much?"

"I hear you there."

All of a sudden, a flying saucer device showed up.

"Superbook!", said Chris, Joy, and Gizmo.

"Wait, Superbook", said Gizmo, "Not this time!"

Then they were whisked away by a open book to time travel tunnel.

"I am taking you to a place where you learn how to store up Treasures in Heaven", said Superbook.

Bible Times

Chris, Joy, and Gizmo landed where the vineyard was. Chris and Joy decided to look around at the vineyard for a bit.

"Where are we?", asked Joy.

"My geo-censor indicates that we've landed in a vineyard in the land of Israel, during the time of Christ", said Gizmo.

"A vineyard, huh?", asked Chris, "I never knew that there were so many grapes that grew here."

"Look! It looks like some are picking them already!", said Joy.

"Aren't they a little small?"

"My geo-censor indicates that these grapes aren't ready to be picked", said Gizmo.

"What?"

"Look, here comes someone!", said Joy.

They looked up and saw it was Thomas driving a chariot to check things out in the vineyard. He stopped and was not happy to see what was happening.

"Those grapes are not ready to be picked!", said Thomas, then noticed Chris Joy and Gizmo, "Are you are our new servants?"

"New?", said Gizmo, "Oh, yes, very new."

"Chris, Joy and Gizmo", said Chris.

"I am Thomas."

"That's a really nice vineyard you got there", said Gizmo, "Perhaps, with all these grapes, you could use them to make grape soda."

"Grape soda?", asked Thomas, a bit confused.

"Oh yes. You don't have that. Never mind."

"Master Thomas", said Alexis, running over, "Thank goodness I've found you... what is happening?"

"The servants are picking the grapes", said Thomas, "And they're not ready!"

"Yes, that's right", said Gizmo.

They went to see what was happening. Chris, Joy and Gizmo stood by while Thomas tried to negotiate with the steward.

"What is going on here?", asked Thomas.

"I'm sorry, Master Thomas", said the steward, "Your brother said to pick them."

"But they won't be ripe for days."

"Master Sahara said to mix the ripe ones with the ones we've already picked."

"Why would he do that?", asked Alexis.

"He said that no one would noticed, and that we would make more money this way."

"Who's Master Sahara?", asked Chris.

"Sahara is my brother!", said Thomas, "We inherited the vineyard from our father. It's been in our family for generations. But now he wants to make money off of it!"

"I can sense that nothing good will come out of this", said Gizmo.

Chris, Joy and Gizmo waited outside with Alexis Thomas went inside and tried to reason with Sahara. Gizmo had an idea: he used his camera eyesight to look through the window. They watched intently.

"So you've heard of my plan", said Sahara.

"I will not let you ruined this vineyard!", said Thomas.

"Oh, we're far from being ruined!"

"Father said to work together!"

"He also said I was in charge!"

"You have no right to make any decisions without me!"

"Get used to it!"

"Alright then! We'll divide the vineyard!"

"What?"

"I want my half! You can do what you want with yours! Now sign this!"

"I'm not signing anything!"

"Sign it!"

"This vineyard is going to make me the richest man in Israel! I'll die before I divide it!"

"I will get my half!"

"I don't think so! Once the money starts rolling in, so will you, just begging to have every part of it!"

"So that must be Thomas's brother, Sahara", said Chris.

"And I must say he does not look friendly", said Gizmo.

"I am a servant girl, having served under their father, Gideon", said Alexis, "He was a good man. But now...."

"It sounds a sneaky way to run a business", said Joy.

[Well, it's a start. Hope you enjoy this new Superbook adventure]
jasmine_tarkheena

Re: Superbook: Treasures In Heaven

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:34 am

[Another Superbook adventure awaits)

Chapter 2

"So Alexis, how did you come to work here in the vineyard?", asked Joy.

"I lost both my parents when I was young", said Alexis, "Gideon kindly took me in and hired me to work as one of the servants. His two sons, Sahara and Thomas, and I became like brothers and sister."

(Flash back with V.O)

"I still remember when we used to run around in the vineyards." "Try to catch us, Alexis", said young Thomas. "You run really fast", said young Sahara. "I bet I can run even faster than you both", said young Alexis. "Boys", Gideon called out, "It's time to come inside!" "Oh, father", said young Thomas. "You two go on ahead", said young Alexis, "I stay and finish up here." While Sahara and Thomas went inside, I stayed outside for a bit to finish things up. As well as the other servants, I usually stay in the little houses. When Gideon got old, I was hired to take care of him. I nursed him until his last day. Then he died, leaving the vineyard to Sahara and Thomas."

(back to present day)

"Alexis", said the steward, "Master Sahara wishes to see you."

"I wonder what he wants", said Alexis.

"Oh, I had no idea we have new servants."

"Well, not exactly", said Chris, "Chris, Joy and Gizmo."

"I can't believe this", said Thomas, storming out.

Alexi went inside the house and meet with Sahara.

"Master Sahara, you've sent for me", said Alexis.

"Beautiful Alexis", said Sahara, "Now that I have control of the vineyard, wouldn't you consider to be more than just one of our servants?"

"I...I", said Alexis, looking at him nervously.

"This vineyard is going to make me the richest man in Israel... I shall make you the most beautiful woman in Israel."

"You and Thomas have been like my own brothers", said Alexis, "Your father took me in as one of his own children."

Chris, Joy and Gizmo decided to go with Thomas who was went out to seek council from a lawyer.

"Where are we going, Thomas?", asked Joy.

"We're going to meet with a man named Josiah", answered Thomas, "He's a lawyer and a good man. My father said that the was the best."

"You don't think Sahara is going to ruin the vineyard, do you?", asked Chris.

"I'm hoping he doesn't yet that is what he's doing at the moment." They went inside and met with a lawyer.

"Excuse me", said Thomas.

"Josiah is not here anymore", said the lawyer.

"How did you know?"

"I'm a lawyer too yet people come asking for me? Josiah gave up law!"

"Where can I find him?"

"He went off to follow that Jesus fellow."

"Jesus?"

"Some prophet or teacher. I don't know."

"Tell me where I can find him?"

"Well, find Jesus and you'll find Josiah. Last I've heard He was teaching at the foot hills."

"Thanks."

Thomas, Chris, Joy, and Gizmo left to look for Josiah who had left law practice to follow Jesus.

"We've actually heard Jesus speak many times", said Chris.

"Is that so?", asked Thomas.

"That's right, we have", said Gizmo.

Soon, Thomas met with Josiah, who was a kind man that had previously been a lawyer.

"Thomas, it's good to see you", said Josiah.

"It's good to see you as well, Josiah", said Thomas.

"And who are these three?"

"Oh, these are my three new friends. Chris, Joy, and Gizmo. This is Josiah, one of the best lawyers in Israel."

"So you gave up law?", asked Gizmo.

"I have", said Josiah, "Heaven knows I owe Thomas's father..."

"Josiah, I need you to come back. Sahara is ruining the vineyard and father's good name."

"I have found more important things..."

"We have heard Jesus speak many time", said Joy.

"Here he comes now. Come, Thomas, listen to the words of Jesus."

They gathered around and listened to Jesus speak. He was giving a sermon-

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.

You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

"I remember this", said Chris in a low voice to Joy and Gizmo, "It's His Sermon on the Mount."

"You are right", said Gizmo in a low voice, "Now we're hearing it all over again."

Jesus continued on-

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn. But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic,let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

[Even though there was already a Superbook episode about the Sermon on the Mount, it's kind of nice to have Chris, Joy and Gizmo hear it all over again.]
Last edited by jasmine_tarkheena on Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:22 am

[You might recall that Thomas, Josiah, Chris, Joy, and Gizmo are listening intently to Jesus's sermon of the mount. Well. this is a continuation of it.]

Chapter 3

The servants were working as they were continuing to pick the grapes from the vine as the steward stood watch. Alexis went gather up the paper work for Sahara.

"Steward, how much do you think these grapes will be sold for?"

"Well, with Master Sahara having taken over", said the steward, "There's no knowing. And you got the paper work for him?"

"Yes, I am on my way to give these to him. Gideon was a good man, like a father to me. Yet, with Master Sahara..."

"I serve under him as well. Though I still question about his money making..."

Alexis bid the steward farewell and went to Sahara with the paper work.

"So Alexis, you came back with the paper work", said Sahara.

"Oh yes, Master Sahara", said Alexis, "Now I'll be on my way."

"Oh, won't you stay awhile?"

"I should really go!"

Jesus continued on with His sermon as Josiah, Thomas, Chris, Joy and Gizmo were listening-

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

“And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

"He's talking about storing up treasures in Heaven", said Chris to Joy and Gizmo in a low voice.

"What do you think it means?", asked Joy.

“The eye is the lamp of the body", continued Jesus, "So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

"You cannot serve God and money", said Gizmo, "Now someone should tell Sahara that!"

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble"

{It is about to get interesting. Do you think Chris will figure out what it means to store up Treasures in Heaven? Will Thomas be able to seek help about his inheritance dispute? Should Alexis continue to work for Sahara or leave the vineyard?]
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:32 am

[Nearing the end of the Sermon on the Mount but it's not over yet. Chris has to learn about what it means to store up Treasures in Heaven, Thomas should learn about "loving your enemy". One may even wonder if Alexis should continued to work in the vineyard as a servant girl or leave the vineyard. Hope you enjoy].

Chapter Four

Thomas, Josiah, Chris, Joy and Gizmo, along with a whole crowd of people, were continuing to listen to Jesus teach:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?"

"I wonder if Sahara is getting the grapes from thorn bushes", said Gizmo. Then Chris and Joy quiet him down.

"So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit", continued Jesus, "A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

As Jesus was telling of the wise and foolish builders, Gizmo was picturing of what was happening. The wise builder was digging a foundation on a rock.

"What are you doing?", asked the foolish builder.

"I am digging a foundation for my house", said the wise builder.

"But it sits on a huge rock. It will take you months."

"Yes, but think how strong the foundation will be when it's done."

"Suit yourself. I'm going to build over here."

"That is too sandy. You can't build on that; it isn't safe."

So the two builders got busy with building their homes: one on the rock and one on the sand. When both were complete, it was the raining season. Soon, the rain came and the floods came. The house on the rock stood firm and the house on the sand washed away. After the story was over, many were astonished at Jesus's teachings.

"You see?", Josiah turned to Thomas.

"His words are very powerful", said Thomas.

"So, Thomas what are you going to do?", asked Joy.

"I know, maybe you should tell Sahara that grapes do not grow in thorn bushes", said Gizmo.

"That's not what Jesus meant, Gizmo", said Chris.

"Love, peace, forgiveness", said Josiah, "Build your life on these ideas and all will be well."

Meanwhile, Chris, Joy, and Gizmo went with Thomas on his way back to the vineyard.

"What do you expect Sahara will do?", asked Chris.

"I do not know, Chris", said Thomas.

"Hey, there's Alexis", said Joy as she came out to greet them.

"Alexis, what are you doing?", asked Thomas.

"Thomas, I'm glad I've found you", said Alexis, "I'm not sure I can take any more of this work."

"Is Sahara asking you to do too much?"

"Well I much rather not talk about it. Anyhow, where have you been? Did you speak with Josiah?"

"Well, that's not what happened. He gave up law and followed a man named Jesus."

"Jesus? Who is he?"

"Oh, we've heard Him speak many times", said Chris.

"We even traveled with Him from town to town", said Joy.

"I think He's a prophet", said Thomas, "You should hear Him speak, Alexis. His words are very powerful."

"Perhaps I should", said Alexis, "So what did He say?"

"He said something about loving your enemies. And I know what I must do."

"Oh, try to show love to Sahara", said Gizmo, "Perhaps give him flowers and a love letter."

"That's not what Jesus meant", said Chris.

"I must apologize to him about speaking in anger the other day", said Thomas.

"It would be worth a try", said Alexis, "But knowing your brother, I don't think it's likely he'll listen."

[Well, it isn't about to get interesting? Will Thomas be able to love his brother Sahara even as his enemy? Will Chris learn what it means to store up treasures in Heaven?]
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:14 am

[Well, it may seem that Chris is going to learn about what it means to store up Treasures in Heaven. Yet, we shall see what is to become of the inheritance dispute].

Chapter Four

Chris, Joy and Gizmo arrived at the vineyard along with Thomas and Alexis. Chris had a lot on his mind, after hearing Jesus teach.

"What is it, Chris?" asked Joy.

"I have been thinking a lot about what Jesus was just talking about", said Chris, "I wonder what it means to store up treasures in Heaven."

"I thought treasures were filled with crowns and gold and jewels", said Gizmo, "Like a pirate's treasure."

"I don't think that's what Jesus meant, Gizmo."

"I wonder what Thomas is going to do about the inheritance", said Joy.

When they arrived, they saw a merchant buying grapes from Sahara.

"That's the wine merchant who buys our grapes often when father was alive", said Thomas in a low voice.

"It's always a pleasure to do business with my favorite vineyard", said the wine merchant to Sahara, and gave him coins, "There you go!"

"I'm afraid you're three shekels short", said Sahara, "We have to raise our prices."

"Oh well", then the wine merchant gave Sahara three extra shekels, "I'm hoping I'm getting the same quality of grapes."

"Oh, we never sell anything but the best. You have my promise on that."

Then the wine merchant went on his way. Thomas decided to go over to talk with Sahara.

"What did he just do?", asked Chris in a low voice.

"I don't believe this!", said Alexis, "He's ripping the costumers off."

"Oh, oh", said Gizmo, "I will show him! I shall keep account of all the grapes that have been sold!"

"Gizmo!", said Chris and Joy.

"Oh, what did I tell you!", said Sahara as Thomas approached him, flicking a coin to him, "Just as I weaseled in a few extra coins from that old fool, little brother comes home!"

"About the other day, Sahara", said Thomas, "I spoke in anger and I apologize. What I was trying to say was I think we owe to Father to run this vineyard the way he would run it!"

"You haven't changed! Get out!"

"We're brothers, Sahara! I'm sure we can work this out!"

"There's nothing to work out! I'M IN CHARGE AND YOU'LL DO EXACTLY AS I SAY!"

"Well, how dumb of me to think I could change your mind!"

"Dumb is how you've always been!"

Then Sahara and Thomas got into a dispute and he attacked him. He even threw him off the land!

"And don't come back until you're ready to do things my way!"

"Oh no", said Joy.

"That doesn't sound good", said Chris.

Alexis went to see how Thomas was doing. She decided to take him to Josiah's place and was placed on a bed. She helped Josiah nursed Thomas who had been injured by his own brother. After awhile, she went back to the vineyard.

"Love your enemies?", asked Thomas, "What nonsense!"

"Jesus never promised that your enemies would love you in return", said Josiah.

"I want my inheritance! Are you going to help me or not!?"

"Go to Jesus!"

"I have tried His way! It almost got me killed!"

"I mean talk to Him! Tell Him about your situation! He's a 100 times better than all the lawyers! He's the only one who can help! You want your inheritance, don't you!?"

In the meantime, Chris, Joy and Gizmo were at the vineyard, seeing what's happening. They noticed that the servants were having trouble to get all the grapes in the storage.

"We can't get the rest of these in", said a servant.

"Now this a problem that I enjoy", said Sahara, who was sitting and drinking wine while supervising, "More grapes than I have room to store."

"Hmm... I wonder what he plans to do with all of those grapes", said Chris.

"I know... make them all into grape soda or raisins or grape popsisicles for the summer!", said Gizmo then Chris and Joy gave him look as they were telling him to be quiet.

"Your father used to give the extra to the poor", said the steward.

"The poor!", said Sahara, "I'd sell these for half the price before I give one grape to those..." then he had an idea, "Wait a second, sell it for half the price! The other vineyards can't afford to do that!"

"Oh, what is he doing now?", asked Gizmo.

"Sell for half the price", said Alexis, "That would be too impossible to keep track of how many grapes have been sold!"

"I will knock them all out of business and everyone will be forced to be buy from me!", stated Sahara, "I will raise my prices and make a fortune! Well, just don't stand there! Steward, go spread the word! Grapes for half the price!"

The steward shook his head and started to get the word out. Chris, Joy, and Gizmo stood there, wondering what they should do.

"We better go find Thomas", said Chris in a low voice.

"Oh, steward", said Sahara, "Tomorrow the servants will spend the day making tents!"

"Tents?", asked the steward.

"Yes! I need more space for my vineyards, so I am knocking down their little houses! And Alexis, you'll be staying in the house with me!"

"I don't think so, Master Sahara!", said Alexis, "I will gladly leave, if you don't mind!"

"But master Sahara", said the Steward, "When the winter comes..."

"Oh, they've got time to make blankets!", said Sahara.

"You're already so rich!", said Alexis.

"How much more money do you need?", asked the steward.

"Just a little more, my friend", answered Sahara, "Just a little bit more."

Alexis, Chris, Joy and Gizmo went on their way to meet with Josiah and Thomas. Alexis was actually quite glad to see Thomas have recovered.

"Alexis, what are you doing here?", asked Thomas.

"No time to explain", said Alexis, "Thomas, this Jesus you spoke of..."

"Yes. I am on my way to speak with Him myself."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. I'm going to ask Him to speak with Sahara about dividing the inheritance with me. I think should come with me and hear Him."

"You really think so?"

"I'll tell you, His words are very powerful and very well worth hearing."

"Well, then. I would like to go with you to hear Jesus speak."

"This should be interesting", said Gizmo, "I wonder what Jesus going to say! Maybe Sahara should keep track of how many grapes are sold and Thomas can be sure they're all ripe."

"That's not what Jesus is going to say", said Chris.

"Come on!", said Joy!

[This ought to get interesting! We shall find out soon enough on how the inheritance dispute will be settled!]

Return to “Non Narnian Fan Fiction”