Jesus Does All Things Well

Novels, short stories, poems, essays (anything original and not derived from existing works)

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Once, a set of twins was born. ‘Jonny’, the older one, was perfectly healthy. ‘Ronny’, the younger one, was born with cerebral palsy. His brain would never function like his brother’s. He would never know a day without pain and medication. He would never even have the mental capacity to know why he was in pain.

When he was young, Jonny would pray that God would heal Ronny. He never understood why God allowed his little brother to be unable to play with him and his older brother.

The twins grew up. Jonny graduated from high school, then from college. He got married, had a little girl, and became a Southern Baptist preacher. Ronny never did any of that. He never learned to talk, never learned to walk, to read, never married, never even moved out of his parents’ home, could never stay alone, never learned to feed himself.

As he grew, Jonny’s question changed. He started asking God why He left Ronny here. Why not just take him home where he will have a restored mind and body without pain?

Reading a story like this, one might ask how anyone could say God is good.

Thing is, this isn’t just a story. This is real, except some name changes. Do you know how I know? I am that little girl. ‘Jonny’ is my dad. My uncle ‘Ronny’ is more dependent on his parents than I am. Yet I can say that God is assuredly good.

In spite of all his twin has been through, or maybe because of it, my dad stood up in the pulpit this very morning and preached on the subject, “By faith, we believe He does all things well.”
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Jesus Does All Things Well

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:14 am

:) Great job focusing this back on God. Jesus does indeed do all things well.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:21 am

Thanks. :)
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:12 pm

I love this little story Jaygee; it's simple but also very thorough. I think everyone one of us has something in our life that doesn't make sense-something we question God about. But at the end of the day we have the faith to believe that what ever it is has or will have some purpose. I can find many things within my own life that didn't make sense when they first cropped up but when I look back I can piece together everything and that's when I /know/ that God knows what He is doing because He does in fact do all things well.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Thank you, Elanor.
Ethranduil
Knight

Post by Ethranduil » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Wow, that was a really good story and yes God does all things good. I really really really like this story :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen:
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks, Ethran. :D
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Esprit
Knight

Post by Esprit » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:46 am

Thanks for writing this, Jaygee! Reminded me strongly of my dad and his brother, actually. It really is amazing what God does through tough situations like that. :)
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ―Victor Hugo
hansgeorg
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by hansgeorg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:23 am

If your uncle is baptised, and loves God by all of his heart, well, one day one Hawkings would, if asking God why he was created, be asked to look at him.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:10 pm

I don't think he's baptized, because he hasn't made a profession of faith. He doesn't have the mental capacity to love God. He has the mind of...I would probably say a baby.

I don't know, really, what you mean.
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC

Return to “Original Works”