Jesus Does All Things Well

Novels, short stories, poems, essays (anything original and not derived from existing works)

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

Tenethia
Site Admin

Re: Jesus Does All Things Well

Post by Tenethia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:53 am

While this is interesting, I think it's a bit off topic for this section :) perhaps PMs or another forum would be better suited.

Furthermore, the comment that some people would get a bad surprise about their relatives after death was inconsiderate and tactless. I will not tolerate that sort of remark in the forum sections I mod.

Jaygee, your story was touching <3 Jesus truly knows best. He works everything out for our good. Thank you for sharing this :)
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
hansgeorg
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by hansgeorg » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:59 pm

*sigh* (admins)
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Firstly,

I am a Baptist as well, and I totally agree that salvation can be achieved without baptism. See the Thief on the Cross, he had no baptism yet Christ said that they would meet in Paradise.

Secondly,

We try to be a place that is welcome to many people. While conversations of differing faiths are allowed, they must be in a respectful manner. Telling someone that a deceased (Or ill) loved on is in/going to Hell is /never/ respectful. Even if you sincerely believe it to be true it does no Earthly or Heavenly good to bring grief to someone, especially when nothing could be done about it now.

And finally,

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

In this context "Those that have rule over you" are the admins and the mods. If you do not wish to respect our rulings them I'm afraid that this might not be the place for you.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:28 pm

If you consider ADMINS as watching over our souls in this sense, you are usurping an officer pertaining to bishops. In THAT case indeed I should leave.

The penitent thief had been circumcised during OT, while it was valid.
hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Lucy Took said (in a pm, since she was in a nice mood) she was at a Lutheran College and was lost with my Catholic Terminology.

There is one thing Baptists and Lutherans have in common. They think Adam's sin remains after baptism.

We Catholics think it leaves residues after baptism. The "law of sin in the limbs" is this kind of residues, but is, after baptism, not a sin in itself, it is just coming from sin and giving occasion for sins. Personal ones.

So much on original sin/Adam's sin.

Now, for the practical problem. The uncle is, I take it, still alive.

That means he can still be baptised and saved.

Normally children cannot be baptised against the will of parents or those who are legitimately in their place. There is an exception when a child is in danger of death. Now, part of the reason for the main rule is that children usually grow up and can later decide to be baptised if parents didn't want it for them.

I don't know what to think of this uncle, if it is just a question of cerebral paresis, this should not prohibit him from an adult understanding of what is involved, though it may impede the physical act of expressing it (Stephen Hawking is communicating through one muscle).

But if it is sth like Downs, too, then he will normally speaking never grow up, and others than he would have to take the decision for baptism.
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 am

Jaygee, thanks for sharing this story. I wanted to comment on this because I had a little sister that was also born with cerebral palsy. She only lived 2 and a half years, but she blessed our family in a way that no one else could. I was young when she died, but I know God gave my parents such grace through that time. Jesus does all things well, and he sees the whole picture when we may only see a corner of it and ask "why?" Why was she sick? Because God had a plan to use her to teach our family. He gave her as a gift, and a true gift she was!
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:00 am

Jaygee this is a beautiful story. My mom thought it was also a beautiful story of trust.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)

Return to “Original Works”