The Chat Room Chandelier

Novels, short stories, poems, essays (anything original and not derived from existing works)

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

The Chat Room Chandelier

Post by albero1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Here's a silly story I wrote starring some of the TLCers. Enjoy!

Jaygee, Ethan, and Ajjie were sitting in the chat room, hanging out at about 3:30pm on no particular day. Ajjie got up to leave. “Now,” she said, “If you swing on the chandelier, don’t break it. We don’t have any extras, and Kristi can’t afford to buy ANOTHER new one.”
Jaygee pointed to herself. “Who, me?” she asked. “I would NEVER break a chandelier.”
Ajjie sighed. “Let’s hope that’s true,” she said. She walked out of the room.
“No staffies!” Jaygee exclaimed. She jumped up and started swinging on the chandelier. Ethan joined her. They swung back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, when suddenly, CRASH!!! The chandelier fell. Luckily, neither of them was hurt. “Oh, no!” Jaygee exclaimed. “Ajjie might come back any minute! What should we do?!”
They would’ve been in quite a pickle if Berry hadn’t walked in at just that moment, lugging a very large box. “Oh, I didn’t know you guys were here,” she said, trying in vain to hide the box behind her back. “Goodness!” she suddenly exclaimed when she saw the broken chandelier. “I—wait!” she set the box down and opened it up, talking all the while. “Well, I wanted this to be a surprise—I didn’t know anyone was here—but it’s just perfect!” she very carefully pulled out a chandelier, all multicolored with lots of big beads hanging off.
“Oh,” Jaygee breathed, “it’s perfect.”
Ethan admired it as well. “Wow,” he said, “it’s really sparkly.”
“That’s why I picked it out!” Berry said with a grin. “Well—I also picked it out because it has all my favorite colors: red, blue, purple, pink, and orange! And because I thought everyone would think it’s pretty.”
“Why did you even buy a new one?” Ethan asked.
“Our old one was getting really dusty,” she replied. “Now let’s install it!” she said cheerfully.
“How are we going to reach the ceiling?” Jaygee questioned.
“Hmmm…” Berry said. “Good point…” They would’ve had to go find the ladder (which Ethan misplaced after the last time they broke the chandelier) except that Islie walked in just then.
“Hello—oh, my!” she said, looking at the shattered chandelier.
“Don’t worry,” Jaygee said, “Berry just bought a new one!”
“Oh!” Islie said, examining it. “Gorgeous!”
“Thanks,” Berry said with a grin. “Actually, you were just the person we needed. Can I climb up your neck to install it?”
“But of course,” Islie replied, sitting down the way only giraffes can while Berry scrambled up onto her back. Islie carefully stood up, and then Berry climbed up her neck. Islie bent her neck so Jaygee could hand Berry the chandelier.
“Uh-oh,” Berry said.
“What is it?” Ethan asked.
“I’m not tall enough.”
They started talking about it, and it was finally decided that Ethan would go up and stand on Berry’s shoulders. He was just climbing up Islie’s back when Smaug waddled in on his little raccoon feet, licking his lips. “Mmm-mmm!” he said. “That’s the best crayfish I’ve had in a while.”
“Smaug!” said Berry, who happened to be his sister (even though she was a dryad and he was a fire-breathing raccoon.)
“What?” he asked, stopping in his tracks.
“We need you to help us install this chandelier!”
“Umm… okay… What do I need to do?”
“Just climb up on Islie’s back, stand on my shoulders, and install the chandelier.”
“Okay.”
Soon, the deed was done. Everyone held their breath as Berry turned it on, then cheered when its light danced across the room. “Now,” Jaygee said, “what are we going to do with all the pieces of the broken chandelier?”
“Make necklaces for all of the girl TLCers!” Berry exclaimed. “Me, you, Islie, Eria, Norelle, Gyps, Engee, Ariel, Tenny, Kristi—all of them!”
“I think I remember seeing some golden thread in the treasure chamber,” said a voice from the direction of the door.
“Engee!” Berry said.
“Hiya,” she answered, smiling. “Let’s go get that thread!”
The four girls went down the trapdoor into the treasure chamber, careful to avoid Purple Dragon and Caspy. They came up with lots of golden thread and, with the help of Ajjie (who had come back) and Tenny, spent the rest of the day (all the way until 9:30) making necklaces. After they finished, they threw away all the other pieces of the chandelier and hid all the other necklaces to give to the other girls in the following days. Then, exhausted, they sat on the couch and admired the new chandelier until, one by one, they dropped off to sleep on the couch.
THE END

Please forgive me if you were in the story and I made you talk differently than you do in real life. :D
The Happy Islander
ROotL

Re: The Chat Room Chandelier

Post by The Happy Islander » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Oh, I got to be a ladder! *uses her necklace as a leash for her mome rath* :) *has a happy mome rath*
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:24 pm

Awesome Jaygee! :)
albero1
Knight

Post by albero1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:26 pm

@Gyps: What do you mean?
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Sorry I meant Albero not Jaygee! Sorry. :P
albero1
Knight

Post by albero1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks! :D
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:42 pm

That was great, Berry! I loved how it was Ethran and me to break it. :D
Last edited by jesusgirl4ever on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
albero1
Knight

Post by albero1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Of course it was! I saw some of the chat logs in the elves' workshop... :D
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:44 am

This is very much something that would happen. You captured the story really well. Although next time you should ask Islie to do her ceiling walk ;-)
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Hahahaha! That's a great story, Berry! I love it! :D

Return to “Original Works”