Elanor's Random Writings

Novels, short stories, poems, essays (anything original and not derived from existing works)

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Elanor's Random Writings

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed May 20, 2015 4:46 am

*gulp* Elanor. You must continue!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Wed May 20, 2015 10:24 am

Yes, what creature is it? Tell us!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:49 pm

If you don't finish that story, I'll... I'll.. I'll knock you down! ;) BUT YES!! We need to know what happens! :D Awesome story!
Thank you, Hobbit!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed May 20, 2015 11:47 pm

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
Have you planned much more of the story, Ela? Or are you coming up with it as you go along?
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Thu May 21, 2015 4:39 am

Oh my! I guess I'll be continuing that one too. :P
@Hobbit: I haven't planned out anything for what I've written. Everything is a spontaneous burst of creativity and bizarre ideas.

A bit more for the first story I wrote. I'm not exactly sure how this came about, (it's definitely NOT what I was thinking I'd write) I just started writing and let the characters speak for themselves. It's set before what I posted:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ryan watched the waves, taller now than himself, crash against the rocks away in the distance, glad he was safe on the higher beach. He noticed the reflection of the moon, it was almost too clear on the vastness of the sea that he thought if the world was turned upside down there would be little difference in the sky. His companion trailed behind him, her hair carried behind on the wind, and her bare feet sinking into the sand. She stopped for a moment and looked out to the ocean, her profile regal but humble against the stars. He had the feeling before, but he knew now. “Beautiful up here, isn't it?”

“Yes, it's no wonder my-,” she hesitated a moment, “your ancestors chose Cavan.”

“I'm sure it wasn't for the beauty of the land. This was the first major country they overtook and the city, as well as the fortress, was inhabited for centuries which left little to do or build, and its position was near perfect. We have access to the inlet, the rivers farther north, and the sea.” He pointed in the vague direction of each body of water as he spoke.

“I thought Kattazecan folk didn't like water.”

“Of course not. That is, if it's thrown on us without notice,” he smiled and he saw her do the same,“We have the same feeling about water as your people, though we try harder to avoid it's deadly side. None of us wants to drown, and Kattazec are poor swimmers. Every last one of us.”

“Can't you learn?”

“Yes, but we're land dwellers by birth, more so than humans. The thought of drowning is one of desperate fear. And a reason why you seldom see us aboard ships – I've only been on one twice for-” he cleared his throat, “diplomatic reasons. The only one I recall from history who knew these waters even better than the Syofarers before him, is Robert Roderick the Reckless. He was one of the very few Kattazecans who sailed throughout this world's oceans on his own. He's the one who mapped out my and my father's kingdom, when it became as it is now, hundreds of years ago. None living, neither your kind, nor mine, can remember when it was any other way.”

“We have our histories and legends.” She sat down on the near-warm sand and wrapped her skirts about her. “They help us remember.”

He stood over her. “They won't help you change anything.”

“But they give us hope that maybe-” she picked up a handful of sand and let it run through her fingers, “-maybe the world will return to what it once was. I hope to see that day.”

“Treacherous words, Zara. You should keep such thoughts quiet.” He didn't mean to sound as harsh as he did, but he it was for her own safety. Any words against authority were taken seriously; there were many rebellions breaking out all over his father's realm, too many. Her face fell from his and she became silent. “About these legends and histories, are there any you're willing to share? What about that song, the one you were singing when-”

“'Pure and Beautiful', you mean?”

“Yes.” He chuckled at her acknowledgment. “Yes, I could only catch a few words and you never finished.” He leaned down and sat beside her. “What is it about?”

She hummed the first lines to herself to remember the words. “The king of Iltimuir, Edwarmund I, and Birgitta of Edgeon (now a part of Calem Galeen). It tells of the their love and her sacrifice. Honestly, I never cared for the story and it isn't the most interesting of the Muirish songs. But the tune is one embedded deep in our hearts, since it's one of the first things we hear--- How could I have forgotten!" Her eyes lit up. "Roridan, the first King of Iltimuir. He brought my people from the cold regions of the north that belonged to Bir and-” She saw the moon's position, much farther up in the sky, and rushed to her feet.

“What's wrong?”

“I completely forgot about the time - Ryan -”

“I don't think it will matter when I return.” He lay back on the sand.

“What about me? ”

“Don't worry, everything will be all right.” She felt him tug at her arm to sit down again. “Please, do go on.”

She looked back at the moon then at the emperor's son and closed her eyes, recalling the most revered legend of her people, one she was taught as a child. After it all came back, she opened her eyes and began the tale of The War of the First King.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
After I finished it, I was given an interesting idea for a coherent plot, though, I'm not sure if I'd ever run with it. Also, the place names are from the world I've made a history for, as are the historical figures' names. :)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu May 21, 2015 10:41 am

Yes! Please write more! I'm so curious about this world of yours!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri May 22, 2015 1:03 am

Ela, I don't think you're allowed to not pursue that coherent plot idea. ;)
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Fri May 22, 2015 8:04 am

Dear me! Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about it. :roll: I think I shall continue with it, though some things I've written may be changed for continuity reasons. But, yes, I may have an entire story (or series...) for these two main characters. Which reminds me, my world has been hijacked by other characters again. :P But, since this is set more in the future than my past idea, it may work to have my other story be a part of the history. We'll see how this goes.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another poem! It's a sad one, sorry (not really). *points to Yiruma's 'Sad Love Story' (which is the reason for my poem's title) for giving me this depressing idea*:

Sad Love Story
I'm left now, only with my words, hollow,
just as this figure standing on trampled grass.
One more, one last, acid pill to swallow,
what cure is there for a pain that will not pass?

Such pain knowing.

I was not there.

I was not there to keep you close
in that one moment you needed me most.
I was not there to hold your hand,
the same I took, walking on the sand.
I was not there to stroke your brow
and remind you of our sacred vow.
I was not there to softly tell you
that all the love I had was true.

I was not there.

I was not there and I could have been.
Such thoughts taunt my wounded heart.
Remembering all that we've seen,
And realizing we will now be apart.

I'm left now, only with my words, hollow,
just as this figure standing on trampled grass.
In such darkness is there hope to follow?
What cure is there for a pain that will not pass?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat May 23, 2015 12:49 am

Whoa. I think Yiruma himself would be proud. :)
knight and scribe
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Sat May 23, 2015 6:38 am

O.O That's great, Ela. And sad. :( :P
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:

Return to “Original Works”