Horror

Novels, short stories, poems, essays (anything original and not derived from existing works)

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

nexusity
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Horror

Post by nexusity » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:12 pm

Topic for any scary stories you write.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Re: Horror

Post by knightofnarnia » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:21 pm

nexusity I'm not too much into scary stories and I don't know if we should be posting them here.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
nexusity

Post by nexusity » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:47 pm

inspired by @TheSunVanished on Twitter
The day before the disappearance
It was a day like any other, sun shining bright, people scattered across the street, and a nice breeze. I had a gut feeling that was telling me “something’s not right,” but I doubted it. I just went along my day, talking to my neighbors. It was pretty peaceful.

Hours later, it’s night. I gaze at the stars, then head my way home. When I got home, I laid onto my bed, and went shuteye. I got those gut feelings again. I thought nothing of them once again, and I fell asleep.

Day 1
I woke up, and it was pure darkness. I went back to sleep, and set off an alarm. Just as I activated it, it started beeping. Maybe it was a fallback? I went to sleep with no alarm. I woke up again, and it was still pure darkness. Were my instincts correct? I turned on the television.
“This news just in! It seems as… the sun has vanished? Electricity is going out everywhere! Riots are starting everywhere! This isn’t good!”
Just as it finished saying that, my neighborhood’s electricity went out, including mine. I started panicking. I thought. “This isn’t good! THIS ISN’T GOOD!” I just hid the entire day… in fear.

Day 2
I couldn’t sleep. I looked outside. Nobody was there. I’m guessing everyone is inside, or elsewhere. I drank some water, and tried to nap. In the middle of my sleep, I start hearing screaming. I looked out my window. I didn’t see anybody. It sounded like it was coming from one of my neighbor’s houses. Regularly, I would check it out, but this time, OF COURSE NOT! The screaming went on. I fell asleep.

I woke up after a 30-minute nap. I turned on my generator and plugged in my phone. My house had electricity again. I was thankful I had a sink and food for the apocalypse, because that apocalypse is this. I was really scared and worried. I turned on my phone, lucky that it worked. I called my friend Danyon, and we talked.
Richard: “DANYON! Oh, thank goodness you’re alive.”
Danyon: “Hey Richy, how’ve you been?”
Richard: “Super worried, you?”
Danyon: “About the same.”
Danyon: “All my electricity is gone.”
Richard: “So is mine, but all you need is a generator.”
Danyon: “I think I got one of those in my basement, hold on.”
Danyon: “Got it, and it’s working perfectly.”
Richard: “Well, I’m going to sleep, I’ll talk to you tomorrow, whenever that is.”
Danyon: “See ya later then.”
Richard: “Bye.”

So Danyon was in the same situation, makes sense. And then, I drank some water to calm down. The screaming started again. It was coming from the same house. I went to sleep, although it was hard.
nexusity

Post by nexusity » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Day 3
I decided that I should face my fears. I should go outside. But, before that, I called Danyon.
Danyon: “Hello?”
Protagonist: “Hey Danyon.”
Danyon: “Oh, hey dude!”
Protagonist: “I’m gonna be going outside today, I’m facing my fears.”
Danyon: “Are you sure? It’s pretty dangerous out there.”
Protagonist: “Yeah, so I’ll hang up for now. I’ll send a video.”
Danyon: “Alright. See you then.”

I went up to my door, and stepped into the unknown. I went into the tiny forest right next to my house. I turned on my camera. After I walked for a bit, I spotted a red, strobing light. I walked slowly towards it. Then, it suddenly started running full speed at me. I ran as fast as I could back home. My heart was pumping faster than it ever could. I swear, it felt like a cheetah with a knife horn and extremely sharp claws chasing me. I had it recorded the entire time. I stopped recording, and quickly sent it to Danyon. He texted back a bit later.

New message from Danyon
Gosh, that looked scary.
It really was.
That looked nothing like a person though…
It looks more like a machine…
Now that I’m watching it back, it really does.
You should be cautious wherever you go.
I will be.

I drank a glass of water. My heart was still beating horrendously fast, and I passed out on my bed. I heard the screaming once again. It woke me up. It really did look like a machine, but it was hard to tell. Then, I enhanced the imagery, and I couldn’t believe what I saw.

It didn’t have an actual face. It’s face looked something like one of those robots you see on television. Screws on the face, metal lines next to the eyes, the eyes were strobing red, it was 100 percent a robot. Just then, I got a text from Danyon.

New message from Danyon
Something broke into my house.
It’s just standing there.
Send a picture.
What if it’s one of those strobe things?
What does it’s face look like?
It looks… like a camera lens.
The strobe monsters look nothing like that.
SO THERE’S TWO THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT
NOW!?!?
I guess so…
Also, I gained some info on the strobe monsters.
?
They detect movement.
Well heck.
Also, the strobe turns red when movement
is detected. The light is usually white.
Alright. Anything else?
One more thing. The red light brainwashes
you and turns you into one of them.
Yikes.
[IMAGE]
So that’s the thing?
Yes.
Alright, I should eat. Bye.
Bye.

I ate some steak. I had realized something. Why had stars not been appearing? If the sun vanished, they have to be appearing. There isn’t any light pollution besides my house. And how was the Earth not freezing? It would be frozen solid by now. Odd. I went to bed, and fell asleep with all the screaming. I had gotten used to it by now.
It felt like something was in my house, but nothing was happening to me, so I guess I was fine with it.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:45 pm

So somehow the sun and stars have disappeared, there's a lot of screaming happening, and the protagonist is not asking how his friend knows about the red light turning people into robot-things even though one broke into his house and he's saying how the light changes (to red) when it detects movement?
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “Original Works”