My life is Narnia

Forum-based games with a Narnian twist

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

sardhrantor
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: My life is Narnia

Post by sardhrantor » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:57 pm

Reading a book about someone's Aunt Polly. (The book was not LB.) Well, guess who I thought of.

MLIN
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:51 am

There was that moment where I was watching the Sherlock Christmas special, and a character is shouting "Eustace! Eustace!" and lo and behold, what is this on the ground but a shoe belonging to said Eustace, with mists rising around it as the sense of impending doom intensifies...and I suddenly remembered why this scene seemed so familiar!
MLIN
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Oh my word, that’s hilarious!!! :lol: :lol: (Haven’t watched it myself ‘cause I have low scary-tolerance.)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:54 pm

A scene in “The Darkest Hour” involves a number of people chorusing the word “never”. A young girl says it one time more, after everyone else has decided to stop, this making her voice very much noticed. Immediately thought of the Jackdaw.

In reading Beren and Luthien, I found that one of Oromë’s names is “Tavros”. Though this is associated with “Taurus”, my mind jumped to the minotaur in movie!VDT.

MLIN
knight and scribe
raiya
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by raiya » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:35 pm

sardhrantor wrote:Reading a book about someone's Aunt Polly. (The book was not LB.) Well, guess who I thought of.
It's obvious!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:24 am

When I was in Narita, Japan, I did a double-take every time I saw the city's name written in English on something, because of course it's almost impossible to misread it as "Narnia" when caught out of the corner of you eye. MLIN
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
sardhrantor
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by sardhrantor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:A scene in “The Darkest Hour” involves a number of people chorusing the word “never”. A young girl says it one time more, after everyone else has decided to stop, this making her voice very much noticed. Immediately thought of the Jackdaw.

In reading Beren and Luthien, I found that one of Oromë’s names is “Tavros”. Though this is associated with “Taurus”, my mind jumped to the minotaur in movie!VDT.

MLIN
I had the exact same experience! I also dubbed that girl Lucy Pevensie, because after all, the timeline does match up...
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:16 pm

I just saw a dark-skinned man with a beard dyed red. :shock:
MLIN
knight and scribe
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:48 pm

O.o

Researching the Minoans for a series of lectures I'm doing, I discovered that there's a fresco which looks like it was painted of or by Minoans in Egypt. It's located at a place called Avaris, which was apparently the capital of Egypt under the Hyksos kings. Couldn't help but think of Aravis. MLIN.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:34 pm

I was reading Jesus Among Other Gods and started grinning when the author referenced Narnia. And then the smile began to fade. Spelling Edmund as “Edmond”, I can overlook. Calling Jadis the “Queen of Narnia” is... acceptable for the brief summary he was giving. But then the author stated that Jadis was actually gunning for Aslan when demanding that Edmund pay for his treachery per the laws of the land. For one, that’s an inaccurate reading of the book. For another, it weakens the impact of what the book was portraying (ie: Aslan did not submit to Jadis because of some kind of power play, just as Jesus is the One who lay down His own life of His own accord). And finally, the illustration is this made incongruent to the point the author was making about Jesus.
Narnia isn’t an allegory, not is it totally theologically accurate, but in this case, it’s not as far off as that.

Anyway.
MLIN
knight and scribe

Return to “Narnian Fun and Games”