My life is Narnia

Forum-based games with a Narnian twist

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: My life is Narnia

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:42 pm

A local election has concluded and a promise had been made by the winner to begin a project immediately. One of my coworkers derisively pointed out that said project has not begun. I couldn't help but grin to myself and tell him, "Well, as one of my favourite books says, you can't gather two hundred men and two hundred horses within five minutes."

MLIN
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun May 26, 2019 9:34 am

I wanted to go to the store to buy a special kind of candy, but I hesitated because I knew I'd be buying in semi-bulk and was a bit embarrassed about that. Then, of course, there came to mind the line, "Perhaps you think too much about your honor, friend."
I bought the candy.
MLIN
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon May 27, 2019 4:33 am

I never would have thought to apply that quote to such a situation! :lol:
knight and scribe
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Waiting for the bus today, I heard what sounded like strange, woodwindy music a distance away. Problem was that I was hearing it from downwind and that the music almost never strayed from a few notes unless there was a little gust of wind. Figured out that I was listening to the wind blow against the holes in the bus stop sign next to me, but even with knowing that and with the poor quality of the “music”, I let myself imagine that I was hearing a distant faun flute.
MLIN
knight and scribe
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Reminds me of some ethereal music I heard outside my hotel once. Got so frustrated trying to identify the source and make sure I wasn't crazy that I finally got dressed and wandered outside till I found the street musician responsible.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:59 pm

Ooh, that’s cool!
knight and scribe
cleander
Novice: Staying with the Beavers

Post by cleander » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:25 pm

A few months ago I cut the head off a very small copperhead snake in our front yard. I remember watching it "coiling around like a bit of wire" after it was dead... but it actually was too small to make much of a "horrid mess." :mrgreen:

Last month I was working outside with a knife and needed to use both hands to pick up something, so I stuck the knife in a tree. When I took the knife out later, the air escaping from the bark made this weird, faint screaming noise! I was totally freaked out, and then thought, "did I just anger the Dryads?"
I apologized to the tree, just in case. The woods haven't marched against our house yet, so I guess that's over. :lol:
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:00 pm

lol, so hardcore!
knight and scribe
cleander
Novice: Staying with the Beavers

Post by cleander » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Did I mention the streetlights in my neighborhood are lampposts? A couple years ago it snowed, and the lamppost across the street, which fortunately has trees behind it, turned on in the middle of the day. I went outside and got the COOLEST PHOTO OF MY LIFE. (because MLIN. :lol: )

Last week I was browsing books in a thrift store and found a copy of Prince Caspian and The Horse and His Boy. Outraged that someone would actually get rid of them like that, I made sure to leave them in a prominent place for some one to find them and hopefully begin their Narnian journey. (Though those books aren't exactly the ideal introduction to Narnia :| )
MLIN
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 am

I may have stood for a bit listening to the rustling of the ginkgo trees outside my office the other day, but I couldn't catch the whispers.

Return to “Narnian Fun and Games”