My life is Narnia

Forum-based games with a Narnian twist

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: My life is Narnia

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:59 am

I was in a real foul mood yesterday due to frustration with a file at work, but on my way out, I passed a busker playing a right cheerful and fast-paced tune on a woodwind (not sure what kind... piccolo? didn’t really look). Made me smile, think of him as a faun, and thank God for the gift of music and the pleasure by which to enjoy it.

MLIN
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:14 am

When reading with my daughter, I was trying to get her to read the word "hat" and said, "What do I wear on my head?"

Minnow: Crown.

I'm glad she understands my world.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:20 pm

A guy on my bus is wearing a red shirt with a yellow rampant lion stitched on.
MLIN
knight and scribe
cleander
Novice: Staying with the Beavers

Post by cleander » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:08 pm

One of the many flags hanging in my room is the Lion Rampant of Nar- I mean Scotland. You can guess my motives behind getting it. MLIN
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:49 am

Wore a Narnia shirt to see The Lion King. Because lions... and Aslan’s my favourite one... and because MLIN.
knight and scribe
cleander

Post by cleander » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:29 pm

The cashier at Publix today was named Darrin... I immediately thought of HHB and wondered if he had a brother named Dar. :lol: MLIN
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Went raspberry-picking today and thought about whether or not the shorter Narnians are the ones who do the majority of that sort of work.
MLIN
knight and scribe
cleander

Post by cleander » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:57 pm

Went to a flea market today and stopped to stare at a small portable DVD player... mainly because it happened to be playing the LWW trailer for some reason!! :shock:

MLIN
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Today, I decided to look up "#narniacake" on Instagram to see what would come up. (I have an Instagram account for sharing my "sweet fanworks", as I call them, two of which are Narnian desserts and one that is Narnia-themed. Basically, I was checking out the competition. ;) ) Some were pretty nice, a couple were really good. And then I came across two in particular, the best and the worst.
The worst was not the worst-looking by any stretch (rather, it was one of the best-looking ones), but it was a wedding cake... with Aslan and Jadis as the toppers. Made me go, "What?! Why would you want Aslan and Jadis as your wedding toppers? Even if you know they're not a couple, it makes for one weird impression."
The best, on the other hand, had an abnormal structure to it and I really don't know how much of it was actually cake. On the cakeboard, were Lucy and the lamppost (fantasically sculpted out of fondant) and some trees. Lucy was peering around the lamppost and before her was a towering mound of snow (or more likely a snow-covered cliff), upon which Aslan (also sculpted) stood. This cake really captured the spirit and magic of Narnia for me because it wasn't merely about good cake decorating or being unique in its design. The imagery of Lucy peering around the lamppost to look up and see Aslan in his majesty was just so... so Narnian. I kind of felt that sense of wonder that comes with the description of the kids meeting Aslan for the first time, that breathtaking awe that overtakes them.
Just wanted to share that because MLIN.
knight and scribe
cleander

Post by cleander » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Heh, Aslan and Jadis aren't exactly a couple. :lol: Though I think I remember seeing somewhere that Glumpuddle used that on his wedding cake, so you may have been seeing pictures from his wedding lol!
The other day I was playing Skyrim and was attacked by a wolf while armed with a sword. When I killed it, the game showed me this animation of me running it through as it pounced on me, and it got stuck on my sword for a second before the little "death scene" was over. Skyrim's a somewhat *ahem* realistic game in some respects, so my sword was a bit of a horrid mess afterwards... that was when my sister comes in, sees the screen, and says, "You need to clean your sword!" :lol:
It doesn't get any more Narnian than that! MLIN

Return to “Narnian Fun and Games”