Narnialympics 2016

Forum-based games with a Narnian twist

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Benisse
Site Admin

Re: Narnialympics 2016

Post by Benisse » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:31 pm

Can he do it? Seriously can he compete successfully in yet another sport, having already medaled in swimming and gymnastics?

Amid cheers and chanting fans ("Rock it Reep!, Rock it Reep! ..."), Reepicheep, with the panache of a swordsman many times his size, has entered the fray once again for honor and country. Although he lacks to power to parry effectively, he uses his speed and agility to great advantage to dodge his opponents' blades, and with amazing soaring leaps he scores "Touché!" before they can guard themselves.
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:04 pm

The usurper king Miraz is our next contestant, and it would seem he is at an advantage over some of the others, since Narnian shield-fighting is not permitted. Miraz, being a Telmarine, never learned shield-fighting like most Narnians, which he has encountered when he has met Narnians in the past. But now the playing field has been evened on these grounds, and Miraz's sword-training, along with his greater size and weight (greater than that of most of his opponents) can come into play. Will Miraz now stand a chance against some of the Narnians? I suppose we shall just have to wait and see!

(Can we submit more than one contestant? I had way too many ideas this round...)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:01 am

Go for it, Hobbit
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:23 am

@Hobbit: Ah, sure, what's the harm? Judging will be happening tonight or tomorrow morning, though!

Edmund enters the ring, but not with his usual twin swords. He's holding his own for now, but can he prove he is just as capable with one sword for the same amount of time?
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Orieus the centaur steps up, wielding the mighty broadsword that centaurs favor. Here is a competitor to equal and excel Miraz's height and weight! And he is certainly prepared in case something were to happen to his sword. One of the bystanders, Trumpkin (who would be competing but for an injury sustained to his shoulder), counts least half a dozen spare swords in sheaths strapped to the centaur's broad back and sides, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:47 pm

And the awards are as follows:

Gold to Oreius
Silver to Cor (But he looks to be next year's favored contender!)
Bronze to Miraz

King Peter had to withdraw from the tournament following an injury.

Next competition: 100 meter race
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, behold! Chervy the Stag! See the fleetness of his feet: he hardly seems to touch the ground! The Stag who bounded from Mount Pire to Cair Paravel seems to have found his calling as a Narnialympics athlete!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:41 pm

A dryad, her petals born on the wind takes up race in record time.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:09 am

A talking Leopard lines up for the heat, his tail twitching with anticipation and his powerful muscles tensed for the starting trumpet blast.
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Bree, the Talking Horse who has already taken the bronze in the high jump, eats up the track, his thundering hooves seeming never to touch the ground. When asked after the race how he managed to beat all of his previous times by a mile, he replied that he simply imagined himself being chased by a lion, saying that that has always given him the extra drive in the past. But when asked to to elaborate further, he seemed a little embarrassed and politely declined.

Return to “Narnian Fun and Games”