Narnialympics 2016

Forum-based games with a Narnian twist

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Narnialympics 2016

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:00 am

Bronze to the Telmarine Soldier (*high-fives Tenny for including him in the event*)
Silver to Reep (*high-five Ajjie for that stirring description of Reep's qualifications*)
Gold to Puddleglum (*high-fives Benisse for pointing out that of course he'd be a natural swimmer!*)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Puddleglum, fingering his heavy golden medal curiously: "Well this will no doubt be the death of me, sinking me for sure the next time I try to swim I shouldn't wonder."

And the next event is (drumrolllllllll): ARCHERY!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:20 pm

First up is a lady centaur: she is tall and her arms are strong. The sun glints off her chestnut coat and leather armour, and her tail (exquisitely braided) brushes gently against her hocks. The long, wavy locks of her dark hair are pulled back over her sharp ears and fastened behind with a golden thread. Her bow is of fine workmanship, possibly made by dwarves, but the arrow she is using seems to be of a rather unconventional kind...is the tip on fire? She draws back and freezes for a fraction of a second, as perfect as a statue. Then all at once she releases, and with a soft snap of the bowstring the arrow flies forward.
But wait! Only halfway through its flight the arrow bursts in a shower of blue sparks, and there appears a ruby-and-black bird with a crest on its head. Fire licks along the edges of its primary feathers, spreads across all its wings, and finally engulfs its entire body. Of course, a perfect score is made, but it is difficult to determine this at first due to the fact that the entire target was burnt to a cinder upon the Phoenix's impact. Fortunately, however, a sharp-eyed eagle, namely one Farsight, is able to confirm the score.
The question is raised by some of the other contestants as to the legitimacy of the shot, particularly because it could be argued that there were two contestants working together, but the centaur reminds everyone that there had never been any specification as to the kind of arrow that could be used in the competition.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
daughterofaslan
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by daughterofaslan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Behold, Susan!
Her strong arms pull the arrow back, with her hair blowing in the wind, she aims, and POW! One less enemy to take down
Set made by Hobbit. Thank you!
Daughter of Aslan (Also known as Dazzle)
Sister of Chess and Pev
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:20 am

Ilgumuth Tarkaan of Calormene takes his place. His feet are planted firmly upon the earth, his twisted lip curled in determination. Studying the target, his eyes glint with the suppressed fire of battle. He stands there a moment, as if to size up the target. Then, in almost single motion, he aims and fires, swift and strong. As the target sails through the air, it may well be that Ilgumuth remembers the Narnian Giant he felled during the attack on Anvard....
knight and scribe
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:17 am

The judges huddled after the contestants completed their shots, apparently in heated discussion. Apparently some loved the showmanship of the lady centaur, while others argued that she should be penalized for destroying the target and involving another creature besides the regulation equipment. Also some were impressed by the Tarkaan's prowess in sending the target sailing through the air, while others complained that there should be a penalty for moving the target even though he scored full marks on accuracy.

At last the results were posted without comment:
Gold to Queen Susan of Narnia.
Silver to Ilgumuth, Tarkaan of Calormene.
Bronze to the unnamed lady centaur of Narnia.
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:04 am

Dazzle, it is your turn. If a new event has not been announced by tomorrow morning, I will select a new one to allow the game to continue.
knight and scribe
daughterofaslan
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by daughterofaslan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:15 am

Oops! Sorry :?

The new event issssss: SWORDPLAY :D
Set made by Hobbit. Thank you!
Daughter of Aslan (Also known as Dazzle)
Sister of Chess and Pev
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:28 am

(That's fine.)
Also, due to the lateness of today's event announcement, the deadline for winner entry and selection is tomorrow evening.
(Also, oops, Ilgumuth moved the target?! I meant arrow, but anyway.)

Stepping into the ring is Prince Cor of Archenland. A newcomer to the Narnialympics, we're not entirely sure what to expect from the once-lost crown prince, though we hear from his royal brother that Prince Cor's swordplay could be described as "dangerous". That glint in Prince Cor's certainly looks dangerous, but can he hold his own in this tournament? Only time will tell....
knight and scribe
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:47 pm

I nominate Peter!
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^

Return to “Narnian Fun and Games”