Narnialympics 2016

Forum-based games with a Narnian twist

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Narnialympics 2016

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:54 am

In honour of the 2016 Olympics held in Rio, we at TLC have decided we want some Narnian action!

So the way this works is that I will start us off with an event. The rest of you will chime in with the character you think would win, but you must also defend your case (any character; the olympics are international, after all!). You don't have to make a serious defence; you might find that a funny explanation will earn you a place on the stand! At the end of the day, I will choose the gold, silver, and bronze medal winners based on which entries I agree with; these will then be posted to the TLC homepage. The gold-medal winner will then choose the next event for the following day and select the winners at the end of that day.
Note that if you have not selected the winners of your event by the morning after the deadline, I will jump in and do the honours so we can keep the game going.

--

So here we go, welcome to that Narnialympics 2016! Today's event is javelin.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Tenethia
Site Admin

Re: Narnialympics 2016

Post by Tenethia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:34 am

Rabadash. Because he just /seems/ like a javelin-throwing type guy.
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:40 pm

*doesn't know much about the Olympics, but figures I'll give it a shot anyway*

Caspian. After all, he did a bit of that sort of thing in the movie.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:22 pm

Behold Glenstorm, the mighty Centaur! Behold his solid stance and immeasurable upper body strength! Behold the javelin as it flies from his--YIKES! Watch where you're pointing that thing!
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Oreius, the Centaur. I bet those guys could throw better than anyone else.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:42 am

Bronze goes to Caspian X.
Silver to Oreius the Centaur.
And finally, gold to Glenstorm the Centaur!

Congrats, Kristi, you go next!
knight and scribe
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:28 pm

The next sport is: gymnastics

For simplicity, let's say individual all-around, rather than team or a single event. Standard equipment for men is rings, floor routine, pommel horse, and parallel bars. Standard for women is balance beam, floor, vault, and uneven parallel bars. So explain why your competitor is the best in all four of their categories, but we'll lump women and men together for the results.
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:37 pm

I think Fauns would be pretty good at gymnastics, perhaps nymphs dryads and the like?
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:06 pm

I think Reepicheep would excel in gymnastics.
His arms would be a little short for the rings, but we all know he's got excellent upper-body strength, what with having performed feats that regular mice would not do (and let's not forget how much he uses his sword). Plus, with the added benefit of his tail, he could really bring something special to the contest!
As for the floor routine, Reep has had years of creative fighting, weaving, leaping, flipping, twisting, turning. He might not be able to display much of his flexibility but he is agile.
The pommel horse event, admittedly wouldn't look so impressive by a mouse, but that would not underestimate his acrobatic skill.
Reep's arms would not reach both bars set at the standard distance, but imagine the stunts he could pull from one to another! There are reasons Aslan didn't let him into this world and this is definitely one of them.
knight and scribe
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:18 pm

A new star rises!
Ramandu's Daughter wows the crowd --
balance beam: she demonstrates extraterrestrial lightness of being as she twirls and cartwheels on the beam juggling platters of sweetmeats bound for Aslan's table
floor: her grace and poise coupled with amazing elevation in her powerful somersaults and turns were the perfect lyrical interpretation for the music of the spheres
vault: she sparkled as she bounded onto the vault and seemed to soar up, up and away, turning and twisting again and again before lightly but firmly sticking her landing
uneven parallel bars: her hair, tightly coiled at the nape of her neck seemed to glow and pulsate, exuding radiant trails of light reminiscent of the Aurora Borealis as she soared from beam to beam with power, agility and dizzying pikes, straight body rotations, and multiple somersaults.
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter

Return to “Narnian Fun and Games”