What have you been watching?

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Shield Maiden
Knight

Re: What have you been watching?

Post by Shield Maiden » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:24 am

It's a kid's show, so it's PG (there's some science/magic stuff that is a little weird if you think about it, but it's not really any different from RotG or similar movies), it's about space and giant robot cats, the characterization and development and writing is phenomenal and I am way more invested in it than I should be. The first episode is an hour long and the rest are all 20 minutes, and (as with pretty well any show) the first couple episodes aren't as good but it picks up pretty quickly.
Team Cap. Sig made by Ariel.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:56 am

One of my friends loves Voltron, so it's a secondhand fandom of mine: I myself haven't seen it, but I know a lot of the characters. :P
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Okay. Huh. I have heard about it but I knew nothing. That is awesome.
If I find time, I might go watch some.

Hehe who am I joking. I can't even get around to seeing the movies I really kinda need to see. XD But it does look interesting.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 pm

anunknownpevensie wrote:I want to watch Rise of the Guardians. Is it any good?
It's really good in my opinion. It is really a movie for wallflowers, though, which is probably why I like it. The art is very intricate and beautiful and I really relate to the main character since I tend to be a loner (although I am getting better at this.)

It also leaves a lot of gaps you can fill-in with your imagination, which makes it a great fandom.

When my sister first checked it out from the library, I had never heard of it before, I am not sure they marketed it very well. In fact, in the first trailer they made Jack Frost (the main character) invisible as he is not seen by very many people in the story. This is great in how it relates to the story, but doesn't really make for a good trailer.

The only thing is there is a sad part in the movie that could've bothered me when I was a kid (although I doubt it) and also some milder swear words.

It's a really good movie, but I'm biased since I've probably watched it 10 times in the last 2.5 years even though I am a "grown-up".
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:27 am

Just finished The Case for Christ. Been waiting for months and I finally got to watch it again after seeing it in theaters in, what, May?

Also forgot to mention that I watched the pilot episodes for Inhumans. I'll post more to the Marvel thread, but I'm going to put this here as well: there is an adult scene early on in episode and it's worse than what we've seen in Agents of SHIELD. I don't imagine it'll be a repeat performance, but still. It caught me by surprise and not in a good way.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:34 pm

@Ariel: what did you think of The Case for Christ? (I’ve seen it).

I don’t think I mentioned it on here, but I saw Dunkirk. Definately worth the watch! It's more of a sobering and intense movie, but gives insight to what the men in this particular stage of World War II actually went through. It’s more educational than entertaining, but still very good. It could also be a bit confusing at times, cause it’s more from the point of view of the soldiers, and you’re sort of thrown into the middle of chaos.
Disclaimer: It is pretty intense, but not super violent from what I remember, and there was also some swearing.

Also saw the LEGO Ninjago movie. Once again, the LEGO movie makers did not disappoint. Hilarious, as usual. :) Worth the watch if you enjoyed the other LEGO films.
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:39 pm

HermitoftheNorthernMarch wrote: It's a really good movie, but I'm biased since I've probably watched it 10 times in the last 2.5 years even though I am a "grown-up".
that whole thing helped me a lot, Thanks. I will definitely look into it.
I am a loner often myself... I get that.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:38 pm

I remember Rise of the Guardians being quite good. I also remember it being quite popular on TLC when it first came out. Ah memories.

As for what I've been watching?

Poldark's back. It's already killin' me.

(Poldark is in the same genera as Downton Abbey. Content's about the same as Downton. So you know...avoid if you don't like overly dramatic romance and passionate (yet tastefully filmed0 scenes and sporadic violence.)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 pm

@Shi: I rank The Case for Christ among the best Christian films I've seen. I applaud their execution of the film, the production quality (from great editing choices to some lovely lighting), and that it doesn't make the atheist-vs-Christian mistakes that God's Not Dead made. No, it's not a thorough look at Lee Strobel's investigation, but you can't expect that in a movie. So the movie performs the role of a highlight reel; for the full game, read his book. ;)
I intend on watching Dunkirk when it's on DVD.
Oh, the Lego Ninjago movie is out? I thought that was still in production.

@Tooky: Was Rise of the Guardians that popular on here? I really don't remember... I just remember that I really liked it and that Korkoa came to the costume party as Jack Frost....
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 pm

AHHHH soooo

I realllllly want to see Rise of the Guardians BC when I got my hair bleaches recently a lot of people related me to Jack Frost :lol:

Okay so I reserved, and should have in the next couple weeks, the series one of Doctor Who.
Interlibrary Loan, so I may not get it for a while, idk. My library system didn't HAVE it. It had like, every single other series, but why it didn't have series on IDK

Return to “The Bird and Baby”