What have you been watching?

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ajnos
Site Admin

Re: What have you been watching?

Post by Ajnos » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:26 am

I've been watching Star Trek since lockdown (well since May). I live on my own so I've got through all 7 seasons of TNG and was half way through S6 of Voyager when family came to fetch me so I'll only finish that in the New Year.

It's been a lot of fun rewatching Star Trek. When I was a kid, our national TV station used to alternate between TNG, Voyager and DS9. This was in the mid 90s - early 00s. (So TNG came quite late to South Africa). My brother was a huge Trekkie. He collected a magazine series (which is how you followed your favourite TV shows before "The Internet"). ;) I didn't watch all the time (I was a bit young to properly appreciate it) and we never got all the seasons so I'm really looking forward to see how Voyager ends (NO SPOILERS PLEASE!). I also discovered some interesting stuff about how memory works (and how bad it can be). Sometimes I'll remember having seen an episode as a kid only when it finished or the next day. Some that I did remember happened completely differently to the way the story played out in my head. It's a really strange feeling. Also, because of the way the three series were shown, I have rather muddled memories of TNG, Voyager and DS9 in my head so separating them out is fun.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:43 am

I watched Wonder Women 1984 kind of slow at the beginning but picks up towards the middle and the end.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:27 am

Rewatching LotR over here :)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:24 am

Watched "The Dig" if anyone is interested in archaeology it is ok to watch if your at least 12 or older as some of the made up story isn't for younger audiences (in my opinion)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Sorry to to double post but I watched "News of the World." A good movie although a little violent.
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:25 pm

Oh I was wondering if The Dig was any good. Thanks.

Watched A Princess for Christmas a couple nights ago after a failed attempt to watch Wonderstruck (Started bleak and looked like it meant to keep digging). Not bad for a Hallmark movie. Very cute and clean. (Though seriously, evil girlfriend, we're body-shaming six-year-olds now?)

Been watching seasons 1 & 2 of Camp Cretaceous over and over. They're very fun and make good background noise while I'm doing artwork. If you have any liking for Jurassic Park I do recommend them. They're much more mature and well-thought out than a series with that title has any right to be. The Premise is that a group of six teens are chosen as the first campers to experience Jurassic World's new adventure camp, Camp Cretaceous. Characters are distinct and interesting, though a couple may set you on edge for some of the first season. The violence level is higher than one might expect in a kids show, though, so not for the very littles. The first three are scary but in ep four the Indominus Rex escapes and people start getting eaten, politely, just out of view, as most good Jurassic Park etiquette requires. Season two has actual villains and some darker moments. Looking forward to Season three, which will probably be out in June since that's when the tie-in novel is scheduled to release. If anyone else is watching this, I would love to talk theories and spoilers. :)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:51 pm

Watched Outlaw King not bad but I've seen better several historical inaccuracies that are so inaccurate that a 12 yrs old could see it. If you want spoilers pm me.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:49 pm

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. If you want my thoughts, redirect to the Marvel thread.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon May 10, 2021 8:11 am

Anjos I'm watching the first season of Voyager. Great fun. No spoilers for me either pls. I watched TNG in its entirety. Haven't started Deep Space Nine (not sure I want to)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:36 am

Anyone is watching the Chosen? Great serie on Jesus as seen through the eyes of those who knew him. Has some fictional elemenents but still a lot of fun.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”