Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 am

It's official. Marvel crossed the line with Spider-man spoilers: they revealed the Stan Lee cameo in a promotional video. *facepalm*
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:58 am

Oh ouch. That is not okay.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:54 am

That's an understatement. :lol: I'm seriously thinking that it's not Marvel Studios proper that's handling the marketing. #1: I found the website of the company that has done a lot of promotional work for Marvel (including Civil War, Doctor Strange, and Inhumans) and Disney (including Moana and Coco), but I don't see anything Spider-man on there. #2: I seem to remember a YouTuber saying something about how Sony gave spoilers in all the trailers for the previous Spider-man films. I want to go to either the marketing team or the promotional company (or both) to smack someone upside the head for releasing this much information in their trailers and teasers. :P
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:08 am

HEHE I see. XD They should hire a real advertising company then?

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm assuming they've got a legit advertising company, unless Sony does it in-house or something. But whoever is in charge of giving footage to the promotional editors is giving way too much (this I know with absolute certainty) and whoever is editing these videos is either instructed to share all that information, has little else but spoilers to work with, and/or is incompetent in the area of /not/ handing out spoilers. :P
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Lol I would assume so too.

I find it all funny now. XD Seeing Marvel kinda mess up a tad is....... idk maybe satisfying?

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:29 am

I have no particular proof for this (haven't come across the sort of details I'm looking for on the subject), but I'm thinking that these flub-ups are due to the cross-company partnership. In other words, I don't think Marvel Studios proper would be showing this much if it was just Marvel Studios doing it.
I did just come across something that sounded like the Stan Lee cameo was just for the NBA promo? That's the way it sounds on wikipedia, but I don't know. I can say that even the character teasers contain spoilers though, so avoid if you don't want spoilers.
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Ah yes. That would make sense. In all honesty I think that Marvel Studios does things a LOT better than any other Marvel-partnered company out there.

I will take your advice. I am not particular about spoilers, but I am not nearly as into Marvel as I used to be. XD So all the better that I don't get all the details before I actually see the movies.

HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:38 am

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote: I seem to remember a YouTuber saying something about how Sony gave spoilers in all the trailers for the previous Spider-man films.
That's true, in Amazing Spider-man 2, though, the basic plot was already leaked while they were filming because Gwen Stacy was basically wearing the same outfit at the end of the movie as she did in the comic from the 1960s and bystanders photographed her while she was on set.
Anyone who's read Spider-man comics would automatically be spoilered by this because Spider-man often remembers what happens and they always show Gwen in the exact same outfit.
But I also remember hearing that Sony had been hacked and all of its upcoming movies leaked at that point, so maybe they thought that leaking spoilers wouldn't matter in their trailers (but it does matter to people who are trying to avoid spoilers).

But, the Spider-man franchise in and of itself is generally predictable, because they do cater to the fans of the comics. So anyone who has read the comics will be able to tell which story arc the newest movie is catering to, from the trailers. For example, the latest movie seems to be catering to the Ultimate Marvel 1610 universe of comics that the Marvel comics company officially closed the chapter on a year or two ago - that is, they closed it after transferring Miles Morales and some other heroes over to their regular comics universe.

It's very fun trying to find the Stan Lee cameo in each Marvel movie, I think it is something most people look forward to, so spoiling it ruins the "Where's Waldo" effect of keeping your eyes peeled for Stan Lee.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 am

Ohhh man I can't wait for Black Panther. HEHEHEHEHEHHE!!!!!!!

Ahhh the Waldo of Marvel. A great way to think of it. I absolutely loved the cameo in Doctor Strange. XD

Return to “The Bird and Baby”