Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:07 am

I don't know how many are into the Marvel movies (or at least watch 'em), but I found out some eh-oldish news today regarding Avengers 2 and Captain America 3.

Avengers 2
This one isn't really a spoiler, since it'll probably be quite widely-known before the movie comes out. For those of us who were wondering where the villain will come from, I found out that he'll apparently be Tony Stark's creation. In the comics (and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes show), Ultron was the creation of Hank Pym, aka Ant Man. As the Ant Man movie isn't out yet, I was curious as to whether Ultron would have a non-canon origin (which he apparently does now) or if Avengers 2 would thus set up an introduction for Ant Man. (Oh, and apparently there will be more than one Ultron. They have blue lights while the main Ultron has red. So are they good or bad...?)
Unrelated to Ultron, there's a cool picture of Hawkeye running around in the great outdoors with an explosion some distance behind him. Cap has yet another costume change and I'm not particularly fond of it. Widow is back to wavy and natural-red hair (yes!!). Thor's hair is, I'm sure, a couple inches longer. Bruce Banner looks sharp in a lab coat. Quicksilver looks like he's wearing an Under Armour shirt, but I like the blue-and-grey theme better than his comic-book green. Scarlet Witch has (thankfully!) a much better outfit than what she does in the comics (but she looks like she goes overkill on the eyeliner).

Cap 3:
Tony Stark will be in it. He and Cap are going to disagree on the government's attempt to force superpowered people to identify themselves and act as a police force. (Hey, I've seen this before in the tv show... except it was SHIELD vs Tony Stark for a few episodes. Anyway.)
I dunno if this part is a spoiler or not, but in case it is... spoiler alert. Cap and others will go on the run to avoid arrest.
(So... where will the Winter Soldier be? Or will we have to wait till Cap 4? (Yikes. "Cap 4". That's a scary thought.))
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
cor
Knight

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by cor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:39 pm

I heard rumors that after Avengers and Cap 3 Chris Evans is quitting. Maybe sooner.
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:04 pm

I wonder. Wasn't there a similar rumour about Robert Downey Jr.? If Marvel does get ridiculous with the number of movies to produce, I hope Chris Evans doesn't quit. Just because... Cap. (But then, who am I to deny his reasons for leaving?)
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Yay! A Marvel thread! :D

Yes, I've also heard that Chris Evans wants to finish out the Cap America series and the Avengers, and he'd like to focus on directing movies instead of acting.

Cap 3 had better deal with the Winter Soldier!! They can't drag the story out any longer. I think it would just be ridiculous to do so. People are going to go see Cap 3 to find out what happens with the Winter Soldier. And bleh, Iron Man. I WANT HAWKEYE. Hawkeye never gets enough screen time. Iron Man already has 3 movies, and will soon have 2 Avengers movies. Natasha's been in just about everything it seems. I want Hawkeye or Coulson! *fangirl rant* :P Seriously though, can you imagine Coulson in a CA movie? He'd been freaking out the whole time. Yeah, my mind is now pretty set on wanting a Coulson & CA movie. :P

Avengers 2: Yay, I'm glad Natasha's hair will be going back to curly. I didn't like it straight. I looked too much like a wig. Cap gets so many costume changes, but I noticed on this one the Avengers "A" has been added to on the side of his shoulders.

Possible spoilers for Avengers 2: I saw some footage that someone captured on set, and it appears that there will be a motorcycle chase, not by Cap (who usually rides a motorcycle), but by Natasha. There was also a clip of Cap sitting on the hood of a car with a shattered windshield. Did he fall on another car? He's quite detrimental to cars! Actually, now that I'm watching more, it appears that he is riding on the hood of the car as it speeds down the street. Chris Evans looks like he's enjoying himself. The clips are in Chinese so I have no idea what the reporters are saying, but it appears that they are filming in a large city in China.
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:04 am

Oh, cool. Well, I hope he's able to pursue that dream and that he'll direct quality movies!

As for Cap 3 "dealing with the Winter Soldier", I imagine that either... (know, what? it's a spoiler thread. I'm just gonna say it) either Bucky or this government legislation thing is going to be a side point. Assuming Bucky's even in Cap 3. :o IDEA! Whatifwhatitwhatif... Bucky ends up being the new Captain America? If I remember correctly, he does take that mantle at least once in the comics.
(*sigh* For someone who's not a Marvel fan, per se, I know a scary amount....)

Joss Whedon said that he was having fun writing Hawkeye (while the script was still in the writing). So I'm hoping that's a sure-fire guarantee of more Hawkeye on that front. Second to that, I'm really, really, really hoping that Hawkeye has major snark (but not a mean snark... that's Iron Man's department). He did in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes show (and the comics) and honestly... it's why I like him as much as I do in the show.

I hated Nat's hair straight and I'm not a fan of it being red-red-red. Natural red any day.

Oh, and I forgot to mention... or ask, rather. Does anyone else wonder what connects an evil robot to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (and the people behind them)?
I'm also curious if those two will be baddies the whole time, since they do switch sides later on in the comics.

**POTENTIAL MAJOR MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE SPOILER BELOW FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED AGENTS OF SHIELD**

About Coulson being in a Cap movie... it's possible. Not only is he alive, but... in the season one finale, Nick Fury tells him to rebuild SHIELD from the ground up. In other words, SHIELD's not dead either and Coulson may well be the next director of SHIELD.
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:33 am

Well, I HOPE Bucky isn't a side point. I'd go see CA 3 to find out about Bucky.

Yay, Hawkeye!!!

I don't know anything about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Have you seen season 2 of AoS yet, Ariel?

**SPOILERS FOR AGENTS OF SHIELD: SEASON 2**

Coulson IS director and he's already working to rebuild SHIELD.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:40 am

Same. I went into Cap 2 expecting it to be a huge let-down in all areas, but willing to bear it for Cap and Bucky. Thankfully, my expectations were surpassed. :)

I know, right? They did an abysmal amount with him in Avengers 1. And even Jeremy Renner expressed his displeasure with that.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are two X-Men characters (though their stories have been changed for this movie since Fox has the rights to the X-Men, mutants, etc). Quicksilver runs (and probably does other things) super-fast; Scarlet Witch... I don't know much about her, but she does magic stuff. But as they're not "mutants" in this particular corner of the franchise, she's probably not actually "magical".

I haven't had a chance to yet. But thanks for the spoiler! :D (not that I doubted it)
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:27 am

Yeah, Hawkeye is too awesome of a character to let sit in the corner.

Okay, yeah, I know nothing about X-men, so that's probably why I don't know anything about them.

Well, be prepared for a large amount of Fizt feels when you do catch up! And now I shall seal my lips and say no more until you've seen it.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:10 am

He was definitely cool in the show, so I hope he gets to live up to that in Avengers 2. :)

*grins* Fitz, eh? Good to know.
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:05 am

Have you caught up yet? Or watched any of season 2? *is bursting with spoilers and feels that she wants to discuss*

Return to “The Bird and Baby”