Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Anybody excited for Avenger's Infinity War, Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galxies Vol. 2? XD I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:45 am

I'm not /excited/ for Infinity War as of yet, but I'm hoping it'll be better than the other Avengers films. I like what the Russo brothers have done so far, so....
Black Panther is kinda the same situation right now, just minus the Russo bros factor and plus the T'Challa factor. ;) He was my third-favourite character in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and I liked him in Civil War.
Guardians I could care less. But I don't expect to tire of that clip of Groot and the Big Red Button of Doom anytime soon. :D

EDIT:
Okay, tonight's ep of SHIELD. Totally makes up for the major issues from the last two weeks. Character! Surprises! Not-clunky dialogue! And that ending whaaaaaaat?! (I'm going to flip out over the ending, so... don't read if you don't want it spoiled.

Okay, so. That ending. The Framework. I had to watch it three times. And this is what I'm thinking (in the order I thought these things, not in the order they appear). Please read through it all before responding because my mind was jumping all over the place. :P

1. Ward?! Seriously?!
2. Coulson wrote what on the chalkboard?
3. Okay, I don't blame Mack for his. Feels, man.
4. Fitz is a celeb now?
5. Whoa, wait, Jemma is dead?!
6. Uh... May's ultimate fantasy is to chill in the Triskelion?

Okay, now onto more coherent thoughts.
7. Daisy woke up and one of her "regrets" is reversed. Namely, Ward is alive and they're together. The fact that one of her "regrets" is reversed has me thinking that AIDA knows Daisy and Jemma are in the Framework because AIDA had said earlier on (before she killed Radcliffe) that she had to reset the Framework every time she fixed a new subject's regret and added that person to the Framework. Meaning, the reversal of Daisy's regret means that AIDA knows. And that means trouble.
8. Why would Coulson lecture about fearing Inhumans? That's so out of character....
9. How is Jemma being dead a fixing of one of her regrets?
10. Hold up. Daisy is back to having long hair.
11. HANG ON. Ward, long hair, and Coulson's chalkboard. The Framework does not allow for Inhumans. Ergo, it ships SkyeWard, not Daisy/Lincoln; Daisy isn't Inhuman and thus does not get the haircut indicative of her life change; and Coulson does go out of character because Inhumans are a no-no in the Framework.
12. All of this anti-Inhuman stuff in the Framework also goes to reiterate what Radcliffe said about this being his perfect world, not the world his subjects would call perfect. Which could also explain why Framework!May is cool about hanging out at the Triskelion.
13. How does dead!Jemma fit in? I can't take credit for the origin of the idea 'cause it all started (for me) with Ela and Eria theorizing the living daylights out of Maveth and all that took place there (so much fun talking about it though!). The thought is that Jemma may be Inhuman herself. Ela's step-by-step guide through Jemma's actions over time have led me to believe that if Jemma is Inhuman, she is dormant/potential (aka, not exposed to the Terrigen Mist). But since Framework!Daisy is not dead and clearly in her pre-Terrigen timeline, I'm wondering if perhaps Jemma is not a dormant Inhuman after all (again, assuming she is one) and since Inhumans aren't part of the Framework's definition of perfection, she is dead in that "reality". (Also, in a mobile Marvel game I've been playing, it seems like there are "native" or "natural" Inhumans and then ones who become Inhumans due to exposure to Terrigen Mist. I may be reading the character bios wrong, but I think that's what's the game is telling me.)
14. Whoa, WAIT. The Triskelion is not SHIELD. That's a full-on HYDRA symbol on the building!
15. So... Radcliffe was both anti-Inhuman (I mean, really, Hive was no picnic...) and pro-Hydra. Lovely.
16. Those flowers on Jemma's grave are pretty old. They're not just wilted, they're dry. So someone came to remember her and hasn't been back since.
17. If Jemma is dead in the Framework... that really throws a wrench into the plan for her and Daisy to rendezvous at the "back door"....
18. WAIT. If Jemma is dead in the Framework, she's (possibly) dead in real life! She said before they went in that staying in the Framework too long could kill you, but dying in the Framework means dying in the real world. YIKES.
19. So. Between dead!Jemma and the Framework being Radcliffe's idea of a perfect world, who is Framework!Fitz with? AIDA? An LMD of Jemma? Or maybe Jemma isn't really dead (which opens up a whole stream of questions as to why a perfect world would need a faked death)?
20. Why does the Framework connect everybody to the same "world"? Why not have a different world for each person? There has to be a reason and I'm sure that it's not convenience (I mean, resetting the Framework doesn't seem very convenient). I'm certain there has to be an agenda.
21. Why didn't we see Mace? He's connected to the Framework too, but we don't see what his "ideal situation" is.
22. I just realized that the mind's inability to (easily) distinguish between reality and the Framework means that this could get into the sort of sci-fi vein that involves characters getting sucked into video games. :D Not that that's important.

Guys, I haven't thought this hard about what's going on in this show since Maveth. I almost forgot how much fun this was! :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:42 pm

anunknownpevensie wrote:Anybody excited for Avenger's Infinity War, Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galxies Vol. 2? XD I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
I'm pretty excited for Guardians. And Thor 3 sounds interesting the more I here about it.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:15 am

I'm feeling less optimistic (okay, fine, more pessimistic, since I wasn't that optimistic to begin with ;) ) about Thor 3 the more I hear. First, there's, like, potentially three or four villains to deal with (Loki and Skurge being the wild cards). Second, I'm worried about the balance between Earth, Asgard, and at least one other location (I assume Battleworld, but I could very easily be wrong about that). Third, I was already worried about Hulk's appearance (how will he factor in and is it in any way important...?), but then I found out that he and Thor are going to fight each other at some point.
Basically what I'm saying is, unless they thread all of these factors very neatly together, I fear this could be seriously bloated. :D

In other news, I now know about a trailer I saw in passing for a new show called "Legion". It is Marvel, but not MCU; it has mutants, but is not tied to the X-Men films. Quick reading on the title character leads to the conclusion that said character is an interesting one. Haven't looked into whether or not the show is any good though.
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:31 am

I haven't seen any Legion yet, but from what I have seen on twitter it is a pretty graphic show. I don't know for sure though.

BUT CATE BLANCHETTE IS IS THOR: RAGNARAOK

And Thor takes on a whole new look! I will never be able to get over that weird armor.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:11 am

@Pev: oh, is it? I have no idea, haha. The only Marvel tv I watch is Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter 'cause I know the Netflix ones are too dark for my liking. (Says someone who's planning on watching The Dark Knight soon... :roll: )

I wanna know how they handle Cate Blanchett's character. In mythology and the comics, she's Loki's daughter. But Blanchett is a fair bit older than Tom Hiddleston, so.... :P

*raises brow and does a search* I can't tell if any of these pictures are for the movie or not....
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 pm

OMG REALLY?!

I din't know!

Chris Hemsworth almost looks WRONG in that armor though.
I used to watch Agent's of SHIELD but not anymore. No time. Is Agent Carter good?

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:51 am

@Pev: Yeah... Loki has weird children is all I can say. :P But such is mythology.

Heh. Does it look at all Asgardian or like something entirely different?

As for Agent Carter, it kinda depends on who you ask. I didn't like season one (so much so, I was okay with the idea of the show never coming back), but I did quite enjoy season two (and now I'm peeved that the show is cancelled, lol). There are a number of people who like it far more than I do, so they'll be more glowing about their reviews. For me, it was like Agents of Shield: rocky start at best, then much improved. Biggest difference being that I fell in love with the Shield characters and didn't really with Carter (though Jarvis... I like him a good bit :D ).
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:48 pm

@Ariel: Nope. Not at all Asgardian. It is Weird.

Hmmm okay. If I had time and will to sit around watching shows, I might watch it. Same with AOS.

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 am

I wonder if this new armour is one provided by Battleworld.... I'm making an assumption there based on the fact that he and Hulk will be in a gladiatorial fight and I know that's exactly what Battleworld is all about.
knight and scribe

Return to “The Bird and Baby”