Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Lil
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by Lil » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:50 pm

So the other night I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Spider Man: Homecoming right in a row with my brother. (Do not recommend. To many emotions, guys!)

I'd heard some stuff from my friend, so I wasn't really thrilled going into it. It had some great parts, and themes about family. (Some people made up. I won't say who. Spoilers. ;) )

Guardians of the Galaxy 2: There was some really cool stuff in there. (Nebula was actually interesting as opposed to the earlier movie where she was just basically baddie #3) I began to care more about characters I never thought I would. Yondu for the win, man. But overall, I feel disappointed. But other parts of it just felt like a bigger grungier version of trying to top the first one. I guess (even though I liked Thor 3 alot ) I can't stop being disappointed in the movie creators.

Spiderman: Homecoming on the other hand, that I enjoyed much, much more. Even if I did alternate between cheering for him and covering my face in second hand embarrassment. (Except for that one part where I wanted to give him a talking too.) But I felt it was believable considering he's trying to handle life and being a teen with this new cool experience he's just had. (I'm still kinda sad about Peter and Liz.)
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Spider-man: Homecoming easily made it into my top 5 Marvel movies, despite the couple heavier profanities (really, Aunt May and Michelle?) and the name Flash calls Peter (seriously?). I like the character and the way they made an origin story without it being an actual origin story.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:Spider-man: Homecoming easily made it into my top 5 Marvel movies, despite the couple heavier profanities (really, Aunt May and Michelle?) and the name Flash calls Peter (seriously?). I like the character and the way they made an origin story without it being an actual origin story.
Yeah, it did have it's downsides, but it was still pretty good. I thought it might be to action packed/tense for me to enjoy but it was actually okay.

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:42 pm

@Lil: They made it pretty light-hearted, for sure. :D
knight and scribe
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:23 am

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:@Lil: They made it pretty light-hearted, for sure. :D
Personally I thought Guardians more light-hearted. :P

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:39 am

Possibly so, but I have no intention of watching GotG. :D
knight and scribe
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:Possibly so, but I have no intention of watching GotG. :D
Dunno that you're missing that much. You can probably look up scenes on youtube or fill in with Wikipedia (or how it should have ended on youtube. HiSHE is not affliated with tlc, look up at your own risk.. ect ect ect.) There were some scenes I liked, but I couldn't justify recommending it.

Has anyone scene the new Agents of Shield Episode? I haven't, but I saw the trailer and I am super curious.

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Haha, I fill up with PluggedIn, JeremyJahns (not recommended; he's got a foul mouth and makes crude jokes), HISHE, and CinemaSins (definitely not recommended; they're worse than JeremyJahns), so I think I got most of my bases covered. ;)

AoS doesn't start till this Friday, I believe. But I will be watching it!

Also, Infinity War teaser is out!
knight and scribe
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:37 am

Being Spider-man fans, Luthien (my sister) and I did go to the opening night of the Spider-man: Homecoming movie. We generally liked it because it is much more believable that Peter would have a learning curve when using his powers, and overall the violence is not quite as much as other superhero movies, and there are lots of jokes.
The thing is, much as we liked it, we haven't watched it a second time because of the language. There is just way more than I was expecting. And I know that lots of kids, at least in my neighborhood that's kind of run down, swear at least half as much as this in real life. But I don't feel I can ignore the swearing and just enjoy the movie because I'm afraid I'll get the language stuck in my head and I'll accidentally use it too.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:I watched the AoS season premiere. If you like dystopian fiction, it looks real good so far! I'm excited to see where this will go.
I'm so excited though! I just saw the new episode 5 "Rewind" with Fitz and HUNTER WAS BACK! :D (hope he'll stick around.. but since we're in the future, I don't know how much of them we'll see.)

Return to “The Bird and Baby”