Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

cor
Knight

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by cor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:21 pm

HULK HAS TO LIVE! *realizes that both my recent posts were in caps. Sorry I just had coffee*
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Marvel movies but my brother (Teneb) is really into the Marvel universe (especially the comics) so I often go and watch the films with them. He encouraged me to watch the trailer because...I'd forgotten about this...some of the filming was done in Johannesburg, South Africa. Those policemen shooting in the once scene are definitely wearing South African police uniforms and their cars look like our police cars. I think some of the street scenes may be Joburg but I've only been there twice and I don't know it well enough to recognise. That city skyline sweep at the beginning also looks like it *could* be Joburg but I haven't had anyone confirm that and I feel like South Africans would be making a bigger deal out of it.

Apparently they weren't planning on releasing the trailer yet but someone leaked it so Marvel felt it was best to put it up officially.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Oh, that's cool, Ajjie!! I've only been to Joburg once myself, so I wouldn't be able to recognize it either. :P

Yes, I saw that it was leaked, and then officially released. Marvel's response was to blame Hydra. :lol:

EDIT: Further examination of the trailer on my behalf. These are all my ideas/speculations. I have no idea if they are right or not. It progresses in order of the trailer.
For the first half of the trailer, all the licence plates are either Russian or Eastern European. In the second half of the trailer (from when Natasha drops out on the motorcycle), it's definitely Asian. You can see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the mob of protesters. Tony's friend, James Rhodes (Iron Patriot) is seen in a shot with the Avengers before pre-upgrade Ultron comes in. Also, a woman with dark hair in a bun, probably Maria Hill, is sitting with her back turned to the camera. Another shot of the group moments later shows a woman, possibly Jane Foster, standing beside Thor. The dark haired woman, definitely Maria Hill now, stands and turns towards the camera now. Pre-upgrade Ultron has the Avengers symbol on him. Iron Man got new armor. He's obviously in the mountains somewhere. Perhaps Switzerland? Just a wild guess based on the European licence plates. We see a tank in the snow in one shot, and then Banner stumbling away from smoking ruins of a tank behind him. Several shots later, all the Avengers are standing dumbstruck and Thor drops his hammer. Why? Nick Furry got his eye patch back. Black Widows hair is much more natural looking then in CA: WS. Yay! Something big must happen for Stark and Hulk to be fighting that violently. Also, it appears like his armor in previous films, the Hulkbuster armor flies on and attaches to his regular armor. the next scene with Quicksilver is on a bus or a train, and it appears that he is shoving Ultron out the door. Beside Ultron, you can see Cap defending himself from Ultron with his shield. So Quicksilver is saving Cap. There is a very quick shot of Cap, and from the way everyone is dressed appears to be some kind of flashback or dream. In the last show, the person/hand lying beside Cap's shield is Thor. This might be bad news for the Asgardian. And then lastly, Ultron has creepy eyebrows. Oh, and Thor's hair is now about as long as mine! Those are my humble observations. :)

Anybody know what is Scarlet Witch's superpower is anyway?
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:38 am

Scarlet Witch has some kind of magical power. If the facebook game is anything to go off of, she can cast "hexes", which seem to manifest in pink/red force-field bubbles ("hex spheres") that she throws around. I think she also has something along the lines of reality-warping? Oh, and somehow her "hexes" are related to probability.
*wikipedias her* SHE'S MARRIED TO VISION?! HOW IS THAT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?!
Okay, so her hexes can do a lot of things. A lot. She manipulates "chaos magic"; she is able to do so because some demon changed her mutation at birth to allow her to use magic. (*sigh* Don't ask. Comic books way weird and wacked when they play in the spiritual realm....)
HOWEVER. I don't know how much of her they're changing for the movie. Fox has the rights to "mutants", so for Avengers 2, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are not mutants. They seem to be volunteer guinea pigs at the end of Cap 2, so their powers are from some other source for the cinematic universe.

(POTENTIAL SPOILER: Apparently she can even short-circuit Ultron.)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:23 am

Ooh, I didn't think of looking at number plates. So there are a couple scenes that definitely have South African number plates (you can tell by the letters GP at the end which stands for "Gauteng Province", the province Joburg is a part of): The very first street scene, the scene with the shooting police officer and the Hulk's big battle. The Hulk's big fight scene seems to be set in Joburg (I vaguely remember when they were doing the filming there them saying it would relate to the Hulk).

I'm also a more thoroughly convinced that that pan-shot at the start is Joburg.(I'll hunt for a picture later)
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:00 pm

@Ajjie: that's pretty cool!
So based on what you're saying and what Engee picked up on, this is going to be a massive-scale fight against Ultron.
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:58 am

Yeah, it's looking like this might be global. It's not just a one city anymore. It's cities around the world. People will be saved, but I think the Avengers are going to start getting sued soon for wrecking so much!!!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:29 pm

How are they not already sued is my question. :D (Granted, SHIELD, Cap, and Widow certainly are in hot water now that Cap 3 has happened.)
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:58 pm

(You mean, Cap 2? ;)) And yeah, I'd probably sue them. Well, maybe... Cap's pretty awesome.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:56 am

Uhh, right. Cap 2. *headdesk*
I mean, it's not the heroes' faults that the fighting and destruction happened where it did. But... I feel like the government at the very least would want to blow SHIELD out of the water (since Cap already blew them out of the sky :P). Perhaps that's why Cap 3 will involve the government wanting superpowered persons to identify themselves?
knight and scribe

Return to “The Bird and Baby”