Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

cor
Knight

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by cor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:09 pm

Isn't that kinda like Incredibles then? @Ariel And doesn't everybody already know who they all are?
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:40 am

@cor: ... WHOA, you're so right! It's Incredibles all over again! (Which, according to Engee, has already happened with Iron Man 3....) I would think that the identities of anyone SHIELD had in its database is now exposed for the world to see. The current Avengers members were never any secret, so no change there. People like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch probably won't be known till they reveal themselves.

On another note (and speaking of revealed identities, lol), I just found out that Stephen Strange (aka "Doctor Strange" (possibly to be released 2016?)), who was mentioned by name (by Jasper Sitwell) in Cap 2, is to be played by... Benedict Cumberbatch. (Is it just me or is everybody in the movie industry jumping on the Cumber-bandwagon? I mean, total props to him for being such a fantastic actor, but-- Yeah, anyway. I'd just like to go on record as saying that I like him before he was cool. ;) )
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Oh goodness, woah!!!!! They probably don't even know they're copying The Incredibles. :P

Yes, Ariel, I had heard that somehow. Everybody is going overly crazy about Cumberbatch. He's a good actor, I like him, but I don't want to see him in every movie now!! And yeah, I'm with you, Ariel. I liked him in 'Amazing Grace.' We just watched that a month or so ago, and he looks so young in it!!!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:57 am

"Dear Disney/Pixar, did you know you could make a whack load of money suing Marvel for stealing elements of The Incredibles? Wait...." :P

He does look younger. And more... organic? Probably because I don't associate Amazing Grace with the Cumber-craze, haha.

Aaaaaaaaand... Phase 3 has been revealed. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/10/28/m ... os-reveal/ (site not related to TLC, click at your own risk) Info on the Cap 3 subtitle, Avengers 3 (which will be two-part?! *headdesk*) (and a transcription of a short scene from the movie), Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans, Ant-Man (which will be nodded to in Avengers 3 as Andy Serkis plays an Ant-Man villain), rumours about Marvel and Sony reaching a possible agreement to share Spiderman..., oh, and Thor 3 (my guess is that the subtitle not only refers to "the end of all things" so to speak (apparently Thor 3 will be like Cap 2 in that his world's about to go topsy-turvy), but also a clone/droid villain of the same name). And probably a couple other things I can't remember without re-reading the article.
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:20 am

Wow, that's a lot of stuff happening. They sure have this all planned out way, way, way far in advance!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:17 am

*nods* Yeah. They've been like this since before Avengers 1 (possibly since Iron Man 2? just a guess on my part). It's nuts.

For those who don't watch Agents of SHIELD (or are behind, heh-heh), here's the Avengers 3 clip that they revealed on last night's episode. http://moviepilot.com/posts/2389977?lt_ ... nal,manual (site not affiliated to TLC, click at your own risk, there be dangerous robots with messed-up eyebrows... :P )
What have I to say on it?
1. Oh, come on!! Cap should totally be worthy to lift Thor's hammer! He's more worthy than Thor, for crying out loud! *sigh* But at least they gave him enough credit to let him budge it....
2. Hawkeye speaks! And totally something Hawkeye would say, from what I know of him outside of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. :D
3. Stark's friend Rhodey (aka War Machine / Iron Patriot) is most definitely involved in this film.
4. lol, Stark thinks he can lift the hammer....
5. lol, Widow doesn't even bother to try... (*wonders if Hawkeye tries but they edited it out? 'cause I could see him going either way*)
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:42 am

OH COME ON!!! I'm with you, Ariel. Cap totally could've lifted it more than that little budge. But Thor's face though!!! He's freaked. And hahahaha, yeah, no, Tony, there is no way you're good enough. The fact that you thought you could lift it proved it. :P

Also notice that Maria Hill is there with them as well.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:58 am

I knew Cap lifted Mjolnir in the comics, but I didn't realize it was only twice and for rather short periods of time. *headdesk* Cap doesn't get enough love. Or credit.
Haha, yeah, that change on Thor's face.
I loved how Tony got Rhodey to try to help him. "Are we even lifting?!" lol. Good luck with that.

Yeah, I did notice that. I think I prefer Maria Hill with her hair up. What I know of her, that seems to suit her better. But then, this scene does show a very casual setting.

EDIT:
I've now seen three episodes of Agents. (So, Engee, feel free to chat it up. Oh, and you were right. Ep1 was a disaster, but 2 and 3 were good. Here's to hoping the rest stay that way.)
I have to say, I got a good many more feels so far as Fitz goes in eps 2 and 3 than I did in 1. With Mac (who I'm rather liking, btw) talking to him and being himself around him... yup.
And, despite what I thought at the end of season one and my still-current suspicions... *sigh* they're making me warm up to Ward again! (Maybe partially because Fitz nearly killed him when he had no other chance to survive? Not that I thought Fitz actually would kill him, but the point still stands.) Gah. I don't trust the guy.
Also don't fully trust Hunter yet (he's a merc, after all). Loved the tension between him and May, though! "Apology 480, I'm sorry --" "Don't be sorry. Just wait." :D "So... are we even?" "We are. *tips her head toward Tripp*" :lol:
Also, Tripp. I really like that guy. I liked him real quick in season one and he hasn't disappointed yet.
Really not a fan of Skye's bangs. Sorry, girl.
And Simmons, whoa. I kind of suspected she'd be in HYDRA as a double-agent, but I was still surprised when it happened. My RL friend was right about my surprise on that count.
And Coulson's still doing those funky drawings. Skye's obviously not aware that he does them, so I wonder if any of those photographs end up in her possession at all....
And Rayna picking up the Obelisk? I'm wondering if she got something artificial pumped into her system or if she's an "084" and therefore immune?
Hmm, and Agent 33... I have a feeling she's important.
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Poor, poor Fitz! Yeah, I kind of like Mac, but I don't want him to replace Simmons! And Ward, yeck. And I don't like Hunter either, but I like him a bit better after the most recent episode. Not quiet sure why. And yes, I'm with you on Tripp. I really like him too. (Too bad, Fitz didn't! Ha!) Now you just need to meet Bobby Morse, Ariel. :) And we have a two-week wait until the next episode, because it's election day and they're running a special about Marvel instead.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”