Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:39 am

I'm predict that I'm going to love Mac soon enough. (For the most part, Agents has done very well in creating complex and (mostly-)likable protagonists. It's the one thing I can't rake them over the coals for.) I rather doubt he's going to replace Simmons. There's no way his rough-around-the-edges persona can take the place of Jemma's sweet sunshine. And there's no way Fitz is going to let go of his best friend.
I guess I'll have to see that episode to see what you mean about Hunter. :)
My RL friend is worried that Tripp is there to replace Ward. I mean, he kind of is, but he's more than that. He got me to like him after, what? one? two? episodes. Ward, on the other hand, didn't endear himself to me for several episodes.
Oh my word, I was kind of excited when I found out Mockingbird was going to be in Agents. Mainly because I'm adamantly against the BlackHawk pairing for the simple reason that Clint Barton and Bobbi Morse actually got married in the comics (and how many superheroes actually get married?!). So far as I'm concerned, it's Mockeye for the win. Even though it probably won't ever come up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. :roll:
Yeah, I saw some promo for that feature. Probably won't watch it, but at least this gives me time to catch up. :P

Oh, and I want to amend a comment I'd made about Avengers 2. I'm now more interested than I was. Due in large part to the hammer scene and my recognition of the tension in the group shown in the teaser. (But I'm still unhappy about Cap's broken shield, weirded-out by creepy Pinocchio, and very much against Ultron's eyebrows....)

EDIT:
Oh, and I happened upon a list of things some comic book geeks would want to see in Cap3. (Site not affiliated with TLC, click at your own risk.) http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124568 (potentially major spoilers ahead, especially at the end of the list, if the movie incorporates stuff from this list)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:48 am

I wouldn't say that Tripp is replacing Ward. Tripp really hasn't been that involved in this season yet. Hunter's been more in the focus.
Oh! I didn't know that Hawkeye and Mockingbird got married!! And that's interesting in light of the most recent episode (you'll see when you get there). I do really like Hawkeye and Black Widow though. But at the same time, I could see that they wouldn't get married, but just be really close friends.

My sister had the crazy idea that perhaps Cap couldn't lift Thor's hammer now, but later in the movie, he somehow gets better than he already is and is able to wield it and he and Thor switch weapons and Thor breaks his shield. My sis saidd the following:
Cap: "YOU BROKE MY SHIELD!! I trusted you to take good care of that! Look, look at Meow Meow! I didn't even scratch her, and you went and BROKE my shield!" Then Cap proceeds to go rule Asgard because Thor is now unworthy since he broke Cap's shield. :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:16 am

@Engee: Why?? Tripp is cooler! :(
Ooh, interesting! I'll probably have to get to that next week.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please tell your sister that I love her idea! Can Cap 3 be Cap 4 instead so we can have a "Captain America: King of Asgard"? :P (Or maybe that'll be part of Thor's world going topsy-turvy in Ragnarok?) Fanfiction fodder.... Oh, that's too funny. (meow-meow, heehee)
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:39 am

That is a great idea!! I want a Captain America: King of Asgard now!!
(Yes, I call it Meow-meow because I can't spell it's real name nor remember how to pronounce it. Meow-meow does the job. Plus, I adore Darcy. ("Until she grazed him with her car." "You tasered him!" "Yes, I did.")

Edit: Darcy strongly reminds me of Riley in National Treasure. :lol:
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:48 am

I think... you and your sister should run with this idea and write a fic of that title. :lol:
(heehee, though she's slightly closer with the "yuh" sound. :D And yeah, I've thought of her and Riley before... but I like Riley waaaaaaaaay more. :D )
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:14 pm

I like Riley more too. :D Those are such great movies. But back to Marvel...I love what Darcy brings to the movie. Loki sometimes outshines Thor, and Darcy sometimes outshines Jane. Jane and Darcy remind me a bit of of...Jane and Lizzie from Pride and Prejudice. Connect between the names somehow? :lol:
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Loki outshines Thor a lot, probably because he's the more complex and wounded character. And Darcy always outshines Jane. (*finds Jane incredibly boring as a character*)
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Yeah, I'm with you. I like Thor better because I like good guys. But I did really enjoy Loki. He's a very enjoyable antagonist. He has some complex struggles. And yeah, Jane is boring. Sorry Jane! Thor, you picked a boring girlfriend. :P
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm obliged to like Thor simply because he's the good guy, but I also like Loki in the same way (though not to the same degree) I like Rumplestiltskin and Regina in Once Upon a Time. He's just really fleshed-out with a solid character.
Yep. A couple months ago, I was talking to a kid about how I couldn't figure out what exactly I didn't like about Jane. She replied, "She doesn't do anything." And I went, ":O you're so right!" :lol:
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Yes, I enjoyed the first Thor movie because of Thor and Loki's character development and it was a movie that relied on story, not action. But I thought Thor's character was fairly stereotypical.

:lol: Yup, that's why!

Return to “The Bird and Baby”